Lucky Guy on Price is Right

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: kt
Originally posted by: SonicIce
$80,000 and two new cars and a trip to boston. thats insane. anybody know if he gets all the money at once or hows it work?

The $80K is the total winnings in cash and prizes that include the $26k, two 2 cars, scooter, and trip to Boston.

He gets to collect his prizes as soon as he coughs up the money for taxes on the prizes.

I was thinking that it's good that he won the $26,000 because now he could afford the taxes on all the other prizes.

I wonder if there's a special loan application for game show winners.

One can forefeit some of the prizes to reduce the tax burden.

Verse914

Dec 20, 2006
drew carey does a good job on that show.

that is one lucky focker...you know he got some from that chic in the mustang

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
He thought a V6 Mustang was $26k? :Q I was hoping he'd get the showcase to within $100, that would have made his luck perfect.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Originally posted by: CPA
$80,000 and two new cars and a trip to boston. thats insane. anybody know if he gets all the money at once or hows it work?

The $80K is the total winnings in cash and prizes that include the $26k, two 2 cars, scooter, and trip to Boston.

He gets to collect his prizes as soon as he coughs up the money for taxes on the prizes.

Sell the Mustang to pay for the taxes on the Charger.

Can't sell what you don't own yet.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA

Sell the Mustang to pay for the taxes on the Charger.

Can't sell what you don't own yet.

Take the $26k. Pay the tax on the $26k. Use the leftovers to pay the tax on the other stuff.

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
I wouldn't want either of those cars. But if you have no car I guess it's cool.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wow. the only thing he didn't do was win that other lady's showcase. Can they still do that if bid within $100 or whatever that rule was?

he's going to need that $25k to pay for a 19 year-old's insurance on that Mustang. should prolly sell the other car.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
He thought a V6 Mustang was $26k? :Q I was hoping he'd get the showcase to within $100, that would have made his luck perfect.

Yeah... either that, or he could have got the price of the scooter exactly right for the $500 bonus.