LOL So many Russian Bots on overdrive as we approach midterms

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Back when Hillary was being investigated I said pretty much the same thing I say about Trump, show me the evidence.
I don't like Hillary, I don't like Trump either. I don't hate either one.

The issue behind all of our words, here, is that you claim that propaganda and information don't work. That people are incapable of being convinced by information, by propaganda, by intentionally faked news. I wonder why you make this claim, and so I ask if you believe certain things that are otherwise known to be completely false (Re: Hillary).

So really, two issues: Do you honestly believe that advertising, information, propaganda are ineffective? If so, what leads you to think this way?
Second, do you maybe understand that you are very likely a serious victim of such propaganda? We all are, to a certain degree; and as far as I know, every human is capable of this. Our brains are constantly working to reinforce the order and "truth" that it has constructed. Advertisers have only ever sought to exploit this socio-biological system.

further, the Fox News purists have only ever lived under the belief that a vast liberal conspiracy of fake leftwing media has the country in thrall, and it has been this way for decades and decades and decades. I take you as arguing from the right, because you essentially always are, so I will lump you in here, but please address this: How can one support the idea of a "leftwing media" that is out to pervert the minds of people, if people are likewise incapable of being influenced by propaganda, or any information, ...as long as it was Russians accused of the information war?

How do those two arguments square? Because if you aren't explicitly making it, the entirety of your party sure as shit is.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Because it is weak, think about it. Someone says

Russia attacked our election, all the intelligence community agrees the Russians wanted Trump elected

You: Meh a bunch of super villains made people into zombies but hey I see nothing wrong.
Did you read the report about that interference? It started in 2015. I would have said it started back in 1990.
Of course the Russians screwed with the US election, I'd bet long odds the Chinese have their fingers in that pie as well. The question really becomes, did they alter the outcome? The answer is that there isn't any way to know for sure. The solution is to not look at stupid shit on social media. Don't spend your life in an echo chamber, and don't jump on every band wagon that rolls past.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Did you read the report about that interference? It started in 2015. I would have said it started back in 1990.
Of course the Russians screwed with the US election, I'd bet long odds the Chinese have their fingers in that pie as well. The question really becomes, did they alter the outcome? The answer is that there isn't any way to know for sure. The solution is to not look at stupid shit on social media. Don't spend your life in an echo chamber, and don't jump on every band wagon that rolls past.

Simple yes or no, do you watch Fox News?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The real answer is for Trump voters to take a close look at who else supports Trump & why. Putin isn't in it for the MAGA. Not one little bit. As retaliation for sanctions over Ukraine he'll help tear this country apart if we let him.

If you're with them (being an American & all) then you've been conned, plain & simple. Trump voters need to own up to that.

Or just go with the tribal chanting & other ways to avoid the truth.

Reactions: esquared

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
The Republican party is aiding and abetting a foreign power in order to consolidate power. How is that not important?
Trump is not Republican, don't forget that.
The Republicans (all of them) did not want Trump to be their candidate.
It was the idiotic half of US voters that supported him. Not the Republican party.
The Republican party only accepts him now because while Trump does all the distractions, they can rob your country blind.

I'm not saying that there was no collusion with the Russians.
But you should understand that is was only/mostly people from Trump's camp that did that.
Even if they all get arrested and convicted, you will not get rid of Trump himself.
And the whole Republican Party (the real bad guys) will stay unaffected.
And the harder you go after Trump personally, the harder his followers will back him up.

Anyway, you have your wish, genius. The Democrat leadership are lying low for now.
I'm not asking for that. Where did you read that ?
First of all, there is no real Democratic leadership.
Since Obama left, who are the faces of the Democrats ? What is their message ?
What is their story why people should vote for them, and not for the Republicans ?

If the Democrats keep focusing on irrelevant details, they might win a few small battles. But they'll lose the war.
Prepare for Trump 2020-2024.
And if they don't get their act together, you can expect another 4 or 8 years of Ivanka as president too.
The "first female POTUS" !
And the Republicans will claim they're so progressive and fair and great and unbiased, because they put the first woman in the White House.

TLDR;
What is your strategy against this ?
HIMv0eo.png

Republicans are eating your lunch.
And they will continue eating your lunch for the next decades, if you don't smart up.
Goddamn shit-hole country.
Goddamn shit-hole country with the biggest army in the world. And a nuclear arsenal.
You are the world's worst nightmare.