LOL, good one! Medvedev invites Romney to "use head"

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ru...head-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=16980&NewsCatID=353

"Russia's Medvedev tells Romney to 'use head'

MOSCOW - Agence France- Presse

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev told Mitt Romney today to use his head and stop reverting to Hollywood stereotypes after the US presidential hopeful branded Moscow as Washington's top foe.

"I recommend that all US presidential candidates, including the candidate you mention (Romney), do at least two things," Russian news agencies quoted Medvedev as telling a reporter on the sidelines of a nuclear security conference in Seoul.

"That they use their head and consult their reason when they formulate their positions, and that they check the time -- it is now 2012, not the mid-1970s," said the outgoing Russian president.

Medvedev said Romney's quip "smelled of Hollywood" because it typecast Moscow as Washington's main enemy from the Cold War era just like in the popular spy movie thrillers of the time.

"As for ideological cliches, I always get nervous when one side or the other starts using phrases such as 'enemy number one' and so on," Medvedev said.

Romney had roundly criticised Obama on Monday for getting caught by an open mike making a controversial promise to Medvedev about missile defence.

Obama appeared to suggest at the Seoul meeting that he was ready to make a concession on the issue if he wins the November presidential election.

Romney told CNN in a transcript released by the station that Obama should understand that "Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage" because it has old ties to the governments of Syria and Iran.

Russia "is without question our number one geopolitical foe," said Romney.

March/27/2012"

All in all, this was rebuke was much nicer than what Romney deserves... It seems as if all the GOP hopefuls are racing to make the most outrageous remarks, hoping they get as many votes from illiterate rednecks who keep "Red Dawn" VHS tapes looping through their VCRs.

"Use head", indeed...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Giving head.

Interesting reply for someone so sensitive to, what was it? "Anti-gay hate rhetoric"?

This isn't the first time I've seen you play both sides of the PC spectrum, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I guess Romney considers this flexing his foreign policy muscles? Funny how Russia is back to being a bad guy, I remember a time not long ago when they were our friends against terrists and they're opinions on which US president should be elected were noteworthy.
Well played Medvedev, but slapping Romney is kinda like fishing with dynamite. Anyone can do it and produce results.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Romney is simply playing politics. There are a LOT of voters on both sides of the aisle who still view Russia as our enemy. He is simply pandering to them.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Interesting reply for someone so sensitive to, what was it? "Anti-gay hate rhetoric"?

This isn't the first time I've seen you play both sides of the PC spectrum, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I guess Romney considers this flexing his foreign policy muscles? Funny how Russia is back to being a bad guy, I remember a time not long ago when they were our friends against terrists and they're opinions on which US president should be elected were noteworthy.
Well played Medvedev, but slapping Romney is kinda like fishing with dynamite. Anyone can do it and produce results.

Since when has giving head (oral sex) become the province of only gay folks? I'd really like to know why you think it's so.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Since when has giving head (oral sex) become the province of only gay folks? I'd really like to know why you think it's so.

Precisely what I was wondering the other day. I guess you only have to deduce why you posted what you did in the Cheney thread to answer that. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2234798&page=2

What can I say mono, you're my favorite kind of hypocrite. Instead of protesting the observation, you double down to reinforce it!

Well played sir, well played. lol

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Precisely what I was wondering the other day. I guess you only have to deduce why you posted what you did in the Cheney thread to answer that. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2234798&page=2

What can I say mono, you're my favorite kind of hypocrite. Instead of protesting the observation, you double down to reinforce it!

Well played sir, well played. lol

You're just pissed because I pointed out you didn't spell it right, then used a term to criticize my sexuality and intended it for an insult. Get over yourself.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
zsd.. that was funny, until I realized that it made no sense.......

(Think about it. If strait guys were not getting enough head, why would it only be coming from Gay guys? "Hahahahaa, what?")

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
zsd.. that was funny, until I realized that it made no sense.......

(Think about it. If strait guys were not getting enough head, why would it only be coming from Gay guys? "Hahahahaa, what?")

Sure it makes sense. :) mono asked why kage would assume "giving head" refers to gay folks, and I replied that straight guys aren't getting their knobs shined enough (by women, of course)... so that's why "giving head" is assumed to be a gay thing.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
"This is my last election," Obama told Medvedev. "After my election I have more flexibility."

Giving head.

Notice the person giving head is male and the person getting it is male. What doubt could there be about what you meant?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Quote:
"This is my last election," Obama told Medvedev. "After my election I have more flexibility."

Giving head.

Notice the person giving head is male and the person getting it is male. What doubt could there be about what you meant?

He said "flexibility" I thought he might perform it on himself.

*edit* come on moonie, you're the one always talking about self-love you should have known.

add edit. My apologies to the OP for derailing. This is my last post in your thread.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Romney has gone Hollywood?
pTRU1-9532920dt.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You're just pissed because I pointed out you didn't spell it right, then used a term to criticize my sexuality and intended it for an insult. Get over yourself.

Advice you should keep, pretending you pissed someone off by pulling the spelling nazi act, heh good one.

Yes I'm just stinging with indignation you are more fluent with the proper spelling of "leftist\liberal\Democrat hate rhetoric" Puh-leeease.

Are you really that dumb? I was miming your insipid remark with one of my own, and it was directed at your naive and obtuse take on Cheney, not your sexuality. The fact that you then turned it sexual, decried it, then actually made a gay sex slur here in this thread is just too funny.

Should I paste your response of "Since when has giving head (oral sex) become the province of only gay folks? I'd really like to know why you think it's so." as a response in the Cheney thread? I'd really like to see PC mono debate non-PC mono, that'd be a hoot.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He said "flexibility" I thought he might perform it on himself.

*edit* come on moonie, you're the one always talking about self-love you should have known.

add edit. My apologies to the OP for derailing. This is my last post in your thread.

lol, someone just figured it out, way to go mono!

Oct 30, 2004
For the 2016 election, would it be possible to have some Republican contenders who possess higher than room temperature IQs? Right now the choice on the Republican side is between an idiot and a religious madman.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
For the 2016 election, would it be possible to have some Republican contenders who possess higher than room temperature IQs? Right now the choice on the Republican side is between an idiot and a religious madman.
The smart Republican candidate left the race a while back and will be on the ballot as a Libertarian in 2012. He might be back in the GOP race for 2016, with Paul retiring.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Sure it makes sense. :) mono asked why kage would assume "giving head" refers to gay folks, and I replied that straight guys aren't getting their knobs shined enough (by women, of course)... so that's why "giving head" is assumed to be a gay thing.

That still does not mean a strait can't be.....serviced.......ifyouknowwhatimean........

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Repub/Neocon policy & pitch is based on the idea that people can only be united against another group of people, and those other people need to be defined as "enemies", as an existential threat, to achieve the proper effect. That applies in both the foreign policy & domestic political realms. It's always about Destroying America!

Without demonizable enemies, they have no traction, no underlying public irrationality to support their irrational policy, no focal point, so they'll go to great lengths to have "enemies", even create them out of thin air if required.

They need to convince us that the boogeyman is real, and that only they can protect us.

Romney's giving it a go.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Romney was wrong, he should have said this about Red China instead. yes I know, I know. its politically correct for people to say things like "China is our friend and not a threat to us" Fact of the matter is its a de-facto enemy of the United States, and a growing threat. Which is why im so glad President Obama is going to concentrate alot more of our naval forces to southeast Asia. Russia still has a ton of ICBM's pointed at us, so its not like we should drop our gaurd against them either.

I just feel that the "mindsets" of China and Russia are in two different places at this time. China has a more belligerent position towards its neighbors (claiming most of the South China Sea) and the United States. People wont come out and say it, but there is in fact a new cold war brewing, but this time, with an ever increasing bellicose Red China, not Russia.

Last edited: