"Little People, Big World" star had a DUI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
anyone know if he plead or got convicted etc

Trial Date Set For 'Little People' Star

POSTED: 5:17 pm PST November 9, 2007
UPDATED: 12:11 am PST November 10, 2007

HILLSBORO, Ore. -- A trial date has been set for television star Matt Roloff, who is accused of driving under the influence.

Roloff stars in "Little People, Big World," a reality television show on The Learning Channel that focuses on the lives of Roloff, his wife and his son, all of whom are dwarfs.

He appeared in court Friday and a trial date was set for Dec. 5.

In June, a Washington County deputy pulled Roloff over as he was driving on West Union Road.

It was the second time Roloff had been linked to a driving under the influence charge. In 2003, he had a DUII charge dismissed after completing an alcohol diversion program.

Roloff and his family live on a farm in Helvetia, Ore.
http://www.kptv.com/news/14556025/detail.html

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That guy reminds me of "Mordacai" from High Plaines Drifter, except he's not nearly as funny.

Mordacai kicks ass!
Especially when he gets made the sheriff and mayor.
I love that movie.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Vic
Well, that's too bad. I met Matt Roloff in person about 10 years ago, and I have to say that he is one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

Hey, he has to be smart (minus the drinking and driving) cause he has a huge kickass ranch wherein he is always engaging in some kind of project, and he's helped his family out tremendously financially with their Discovery Channel show.

Likely they use this as an opportunity to do a show on alcohol awareness or something.

discovery channel or TLC?

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
They can change the show to ?Little drunks, Big World?. I wonder if his wife kicked his little ass for this, I hope they got it on camera that would be a cool episode.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Juno
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Vic
Well, that's too bad. I met Matt Roloff in person about 10 years ago, and I have to say that he is one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

Hey, he has to be smart (minus the drinking and driving) cause he has a huge kickass ranch wherein he is always engaging in some kind of project, and he's helped his family out tremendously financially with their Discovery Channel show.

Likely they use this as an opportunity to do a show on alcohol awareness or something.

discovery channel or TLC?

Hmm... I had to investigate that one. It seems that the discovery channel, tlc, animal planet, the science channel, travel channel, and discovery health are all networks within the Discovery Channel. So likely the Roloff show could be on a couple of those channels.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I actually like this show. And if you asked me why...I just couldn't give you an answer. Matt is a pretty big dumbass half the time, he seems to spoil his kids pretty bad. Amy gets pissed to easily, but I guess I can't blame her when she's married to the guy that spends all their money building fake castles and bulldozing their farm. The kids all seem reasonably normal, so I guess I can't even see any thing particularly interesting about them. I like Zach though, he has a good attitude and he's funny as hell. Maybe thats what I like.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Zach and Jeremy aren't the sharpest turnips on the truck, they both failed math (10th or 11th grade, so what is that AlgebraII ? or Geometry?) and had to retake it in summer school.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Matt Roloff was just found not guilty of drunk driving today. The judge made the ruling himself after the jury was found using the internet against the judge's instructions.

Roloff's defense was that he was driving his wife's vehicle while his was in the shop, so the pedals were set for her and did not fit him properly (which is why he was swerving over the yellow line), that he did not trust the cop that arrested him (so he wanted his lawyer present for the breathalyzer test), and that he only had one beer earlier in the evening (which was corroborated by a member of the film crew of 'Little People, Big World.")

The judge ruled that he could not be found guilty without reasonable doubt because the field sobriety tests given to him are known to only be 77% accurate (and since the person in question is handicapped, the assumption is that they'd be even less accurate.) I suspect the testimony by the TLC crew member was taken seriously.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
The judge made the ruling himself after the jury was found using the internet against the judge's instructions.

:Q
:laugh:

so someone from ATOT was on the jury and tried to post about the trial? :laugh:

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
The judge made the ruling himself after the jury was found using the internet against the judge's instructions.

As someone I just talked to said, "They must've been Intel employees." :laugh:

They were actually said to be researching terms they didn't understand (instead of just asking for answers from the judge.)

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Matt Roloff was just found not guilty of drunk driving today. The judge made the ruling himself after the jury was found using the internet against the judge's instructions.

Roloff's defense was that he was driving his wife's vehicle while his was in the shop, so the pedals were set for her and did not fit him properly (which is why he was swerving over the yellow line), that he did not trust the cop that arrested him (so he wanted his lawyer present for the breathalyzer test), and that he only had one beer earlier in the evening (which was corroborated by a member of the film crew of 'Little People, Big World.")

The judge ruled that he could not be found guilty without reasonable doubt because the field sobriety tests given to him are known to only be 77% accurate (and since the person in question is handicapped, the assumption is that they'd be even less accurate.) I suspect the testimony by the TLC crew member was taken seriously.

:beer:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

It wouldn't surprise me as there are at least 100 AT'ers who live within half an hour of this guy including me.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN

It wouldn't surprise me as there are at least 100 AT'ers who live within half an hour of this guy including me.

Yep.

Has anyone ever done a census of ATOT Oregon members?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Yep.

Has anyone ever done a census of ATOT Oregon members?

That's a good question. I'm sure that you and I can rattle off at least 20 AT'ers in the greater Portland area.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

FST's are usually done for one purpose...to capture on film as extra evidence. 9 times out of 10 prior to being asked to perform them the cops knows if he is going to arrest you or not.

Most people cannot do this in the best of conditions well. Throw in on the side of a busy road, late at night and with a flashlight in your eyes plus strobe lights going on around you even less so.

There was a video I watched of 20 or so people performing typical field side tests and the object was to determine who was drunk and who wasn't.

Most in the class got around 50% of them right. The sober people sometimes were worse that those that had blown double digits.

I wish I could find it on youtube. At the end it shows what BAL they had.