Little Japanese grills

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Does anyone know what the little Japanese (I think, asian for sure) grills are called and where to get one? They are charcoal grills that if memory serves me are used indoors.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Does anyone know what the little Japanese (I think, asian for sure) grills are called and where to get one? They are charcoal grills that if memory serves me are used indoors.

no clue. since i know of NO charcoal grill you can use indoors

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
When I lived in Okinawa, 42 years ago, a traditional style house might have had an irori. They used charcoal. I believe that they were considered a built in part of the house.

Photo. It rarely got below 60. And since the traditional houses utilized a lot of paper screens, and like building techniques, carbon monoxide wasn't an issue. Though, my apartment didn't have an irori...

Then again, my favourite Taco stand only had a two burner electric hot plate. Appears that they are still in business. (Though, it looks like they've gone upscale.)

Uno

Last edited:

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
pb-asainwitagrill.jpg

228508670_fade1a24dc.jpg

CIMG1439.JPG

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Butane burner also have not to be used indoors printed on them. I have yet to use it outdoors. :cool:

Yep, I use mine all the time indoors. The only way to make a good stirfry since most ranges do not get anywhere near hot enough to do it up correctly.

Figured the 'do not use indoors' was just an ass covering measure.