list more shows for me to watch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
How do you stream from Netflix in Canada? :hmm:

KT

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I haven't watched it, but I hear that the Pacific sucks, YMMV. As far as other shows that are always mentioned in these threads, Breaking Bad and Mad Men are supposed to be good. I just finished Life on Mars (original BBC version) which I enjoyed, and Doctor Who (2005 series reboot) and Torchwood are both very good and will take you quite a while to get through.
Eh, I'd check it out for yourself first. There's some bitching going on in The Pacific thread here but I think it is definitely a quality series. Of course there's going to be comparisons made between it and Band of Brothers but I don't see the point... different soldiers, different stories, and Band of Brothers has been out for almost a decade to prove its worth. I think they've done an excellent job with The Pacific.

Also OP, I second Fausto's suggestion of Generation Kill, it was also pretty good.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
How do you stream from Netflix in Canada? :hmm:

KT

Well, I would assume that as a Moderator you could see his post before he edited it :p

Here's a hint to what it was before the change...

Uh... ru trollin'

This is just going to turn into a "piracy is bad" fight and you will get flamed hard.

You should have replaced "download" with "purchase on dvd" and/or "stream with netflix."

Good luck.

;)

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
so anyhoo Rome was TITS, i loved it.

The Wire is flippin sweet so far... i am 7-8 eps into season 2. <3

"McNulty, you're a piece of work"

Daniels is awesome.

and I love how Bubs calls Jimmy "McNutty". bahaha

great characters, great story, it's getting huge and involving everyone.

can't believe D was killed, wow

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty funny IMO.

Eastbound & Down i hear is good too.

If you like a documentary series I watch Gangland on occasion. But the scenarios get repetitive after awhile.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Meltdown:

I'm not going to give any spoilers about The Wire, however one thing that's great about the show is that no character is invincible. That's all I'll say, however IMO it's one of the things that made the show feel so real.