list more shows for me to watch

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
there are so many great tv shows that i've never watched. i'm stockpiling a bunch of seasons of shows to watch this fall / winter or when i'm bored/when it's raining in the summer, and i need some more suggestions.

so far i have purchased on dvd/streamed with netflix 1 & 2 of Rome and season 1 of The Wire.

I am going to add Weeds, The Office and Dexter, and maybe The Fringe. probably the Sopranos too.

Looking for more suggestions on epic shows. thx

Last edited:

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Uh... ru trollin'

This is just going to turn into a "piracy is bad" fight and you will get flamed hard.

You should have replaced "download" with "purchase on dvd" and/or "stream with netflix."

Good luck.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
I haven't watched it, but I hear that the Pacific sucks, YMMV. As far as other shows that are always mentioned in these threads, Breaking Bad and Mad Men are supposed to be good. I just finished Life on Mars (original BBC version) which I enjoyed, and Doctor Who (2005 series reboot) and Torchwood are both very good and will take you quite a while to get through.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there are some great gems on BBC... Dr. Who 2005+, Torchwood, Being Human, and Robin Hood jump to mind. I was super into Shameless for awhile but it got kinda old after like the 3rd season.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Breaking Bad is overall worth watching. It gets kind of stupid end of S2, but has been great thus far for S3.

Weeds started out strong for me and then just got kind of absurd. I quit watching end of season 3 or so, I think.

Fringe took a few eps to find its footing, but is probably my favorite show currently airing. They borrow a LOT from x-files, but it works.

If you liked BoB, you might want to track down a show called "Life" that stars Damian Lewis (who played Winters in BoB). It's sort of hokey, but overall reasonably entertaining. It's like cop-drama-lite.

Generation Kill was a solid series.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I am watching Dexter which is good.

I would recommend watching Archer and Venture Bros, both are adult cartoons and hysterical. No idea if you can watch them on Netflix. I go to fx.com for Archer and watch weekly.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I finished all of Dexter over the past month on my way to/from work.

man i can't believe i missed that show as it aired. such a great show and now one of my favorites.

i'd add the following...

The Shield
Rescue Me
Nip Tuck
LOST

The Shield being the #1 I'd recommend, that is probably my favorite show of all time.

EDIT:

oh another show that is awesome but REALLY underrated ... Sleeper Cell. Best terrorist show i've seen.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
spartacus(get through the pilot which is lower quality than the rest of the series)
breaking bad
nurse jackie
ncis
life on mars *uk
kitchen nightmares *uk
lock n load
damages
the ricky gervais show
anthony bourdain no reservations
the shield

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
The Wire is the greatest show in the history of televsion. You will not be disappointed. Treme looks like it's also worth watching, although I've only seen one episode so far.

Homicide: Life on the Street is somewhat older, but the first few seasons were awesome.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
BTW Melt, I love your avatar...WILSON!!!!!
thanks :) i have a golf ball named Wilson (it is a Wilson ball too actually)...

playing last summer, i hit an errant tee shot which hit the roof of a building... only it bounced back into the middle of the fairway. when i looked at the ball, it had a black streak on it shaped exactly like the Wilson bloody hand streak from the movie. it happened at a very lonely time in my life so I kept the ball and named it Wilson. it is on my desk in my office at home :)

Great suggestions everyone, thanks :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
A couple of older ones not yet mentioned:

The Dresden Files
Brimstone
Millennium