Lion vs. Tiger

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2008
Why do you think you are having a debate? What is this debate about?

The debate me and most others here are having concerns your state of mind. Do you see your psyche as embroiled in a savage battle to keep control.

Do you see yourself as the noble lion and the tiger as an external force trying to take that control away from you?

Is this why you are compelled to see everyone who challenges you as forces on the tigers side? That them challenging you is them attacking the lion that you see yourself as and the only way for you to address this without acknowledging your problems is to sublimate it into an eternal battle between beasts?

Game, set, match!

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Don't need one. I'm always right. Just see the horse vs zebra thread...

Pfwa ha haa haa haa ha, I dont think so. An I dont need to look in any of your idiotic threads, I'll stick to just viewing your profile once in a while to confirm that you hardly ever take your eyes off this thread, because you were owned. Ha ha haa.

Oh an Btw, as for your game set match...lookie lookie what pops up first when you google lion vs tiger

http://www.google.com/search?q=lion+vs+tiger+&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&source=hp&gbv=1

Looks like I'm atleast able to counter wiki well enough to keep it a 50/50 from now on, so theres no biggie in terms a overexageration for neither sides, not to mention whats in store for later.

^_^

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I admit I hadn't been to the dentist for about 4 years-moving around, changing jobs, etc, meant I didn't have dental insurance until recently. I still did the normal stuff, i.e. brushing twice a day and flossing.

So I google a dentist in my new town and set up an appointment. They have an initial consultation meeting, no cleaning or anything, just checking it all out and taking x-rays. Because it had been a few years, even with good care of my teeth between, I figured there'd be a lot of a plaque buildup and maybe a cavity or two.

Instead, the dentist says he's found about a dozen (literally) cavities that need to be filled. This is surprising enough by itself, but then I get led out to reception to set up the next appointment for cleanings and fillings, where the receptionist informs me that my dental insurance won't cover the type of fillings they do-apparently they do "white" fillings instead of silver ones. In her words, my insurance would "contribute $0 to this" and I would have to pay out of pocket. How much? A total of well over $4,000. When I tell her there is no way in hell I could afford that, she says she'll speak with the dentist and call me to let me know.

This all sounds a little fishy to me-what do you guys think? Should I pack up and try another dentist? 12 super-special fillings that insurance doesn't cover and cost $4000+ right off the bat...hm...I dunno...

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
I admit I hadn't been to the dentist for about 4 years-moving around, changing jobs, etc, meant I didn't have dental insurance until recently. I still did the normal stuff, i.e. brushing twice a day and flossing.

So I google a dentist in my new town and set up an appointment. They have an initial consultation meeting, no cleaning or anything, just checking it all out and taking x-rays. Because it had been a few years, even with good care of my teeth between, I figured there'd be a lot of a plaque buildup and maybe a cavity or two.

Instead, the dentist says he's found about a dozen (literally) cavities that need to be filled. This is surprising enough by itself, but then I get led out to reception to set up the next appointment for cleanings and fillings, where the receptionist informs me that my dental insurance won't cover the type of fillings they do-apparently they do "white" fillings instead of silver ones. In her words, my insurance would "contribute $0 to this" and I would have to pay out of pocket. How much? A total of well over $4,000. When I tell her there is no way in hell I could afford that, she says she'll speak with the dentist and call me to let me know.

This all sounds a little fishy to me-what do you guys think? Should I pack up and try another dentist? 12 super-special fillings that insurance doesn't cover and cost $4000+ right off the bat...hm...I dunno...

Pull those mutha fuckers out.

XD

XD

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
No, but really, guys. There's no way in a hell that a lion stands a chance in a fight with a tiger. Just think about it.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012

images

*Barf*

Pull em out!

XD

XD

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Whoa! Scholzpdx was phazing out on this thread smashing his head on his com for the past hour, what? Whats the sudden intrest in this thread all of a sudden, you having a hard time cultivating another kaka mimi reason why you cant take it like a man that your a troll?

XD

XD

XD

Ridculous come back in 3...2...1
images

Apr 20, 2008
Whoa! Scholzpdx was phazing out on this thread smashing his head on his com for the past hour, what? Whats the sudden intrest in this thread all of a sudden, you having a hard time cultivating another kaka mimi reason why you cant take it like a man that your a troll?

XD

XD

XD

Ridculous come back in 3...2...1
images

That's cute.

I've been afk for the past hour watching UFC 156 prelims. Hardly "smashing" my "head" on my "com." What have you been doing? Looked at a couple lion pictures when your computer would load them?

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
That's cute.

I've been afk for the past hour watching UFC 156 prelims. Hardly "smashing" my "head" on my "com." What have you been doing? Looked at a couple lion pictures when your computer would load them?

Yeah, riiiiight.

XD

XD

XD

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012

Insults are for the weak of mind.... (Your quote, Remember)

XD

Who are you kidding, your profile icon that says,Viewing showed you never left the this thread, moron. lol Nice alibie about you watching ufc, you should have logged out first then, if you were spending a whole hour away from the com. (Not belive-able)

I was just analyzing a old quote from a lion an tiger owner/expert trainer who said...
Lionusuallywhipsatiger.jpg

I was poundering in why does that fit the bill in how many lion vs tiger conflicts I archived, 80% of male tigers went for the female, an more so majority of the time avoided the male. Is it coincidence that majority of the abstracts have the same thing? I dont know, but more looking into it, just might show something of relavence to what the trainers are always seemed to be saying.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
We have some really good seafood available to us here in the Pacific Northwest. I regularly buy a few dozen oysters still in their shells, shuck 'em and eat 'em raw at home with a little fresh squeezed lemon and prepared horseradish.

So good.

But this thread is about smoked oysters, and I've had them a few times. They're ok. I don't dislike them. For me it's: Live > Cooked on the half shell (i.e. Rockafeller-ish) > Deep fried in batter > canned.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
We have some really good seafood available to us here in the Pacific Northwest. I regularly buy a few dozen oysters still in their shells, shuck 'em and eat 'em raw at home with a little fresh squeezed lemon and prepared horseradish.

So good.

But this thread is about smoked oysters, and I've had them a few times. They're ok. I don't dislike them. For me it's: Live > Cooked on the half shell (i.e. Rockafeller-ish) > Deep fried in batter > canned.
come-closer-and-tell-me-more.jpg

Apr 20, 2008
Grilled Lemon Salmon

2 teaspoons fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube, mixed with
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 slices onions, seperated into rings
Directions:

Sprinkle dill, pepper, salt and garlic powder over salmon.
Place in shallow glass pan.
Mix sugar, chicken boullion, oil, soy sauce, and green onions.
Pour over salmon.
Cover and chill for 1 hour, turn once.
Drain and discard marinade.
Put on grill on med heat, place lemon and onion on top.
Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish is done.

Apr 20, 2008
Corny Salmon Cakes

1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup boned cooked salmon, in pieces
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup corn
Directions:

Mix together the baking mix, corn meal, milk, and egg, and stir well.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook as you would pancakes in a hot skillet with oil.

Apr 20, 2008
Salmon Casserole

2 cups uncooked macaroni (wholewheat rotini is fantastic)
14 1/2 ounces canned salmon
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions:

Cook macaroni.
Drain salmon; break it into bite-size pieces.
Make Sauce: Melt butter. Saute onion until transparent. Blend in flour, stirring constantly. Slowly stir milk into saucepan mixture. Cook until smooth and thick, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and parsley. Mix well.
Spoon pasta into sprayed casserole dish. Put salmon on top. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Pour sauce over it, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 375 for 25 min or until hot and lightly browned.
NOTE: This doesn't make for a lot of sauce. To keep original proportions, double the butter, onion, flour, milk, lemon juice and parsley.

Apr 20, 2008
Back on topic...

Smoked Oysters Al Queso

An easy to assemble finger food. Bring your napkins, though, it's very oily!

Minutes to Prepare: 2
Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

Smoked oysters in olive oil, 1 can (3 oz)

Cheese sliced about 1/8 inch thin, about 1-2 inches rectangular/squarish slices.
Your favorite mustard. I use dijon

Slice the cheese so that you can use it as you would a cracker, enough slices for all the oysters in the can (8-10)
Spread mustard on slices
Drain the oysters a bit if

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Back on topic...

Smoked Oysters Al Queso

An easy to assemble finger food. Bring your napkins, though, it's very oily!

Minutes to Prepare: 2
Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

Smoked oysters in olive oil, 1 can (3 oz)

Cheese sliced about 1/8 inch thin, about 1-2 inches rectangular/squarish slices.
Your favorite mustard. I use dijon

Slice the cheese so that you can use it as you would a cracker, enough slices for all the oysters in the can (8-10)
Spread mustard on slices
Drain the oysters a bit if

images

Lion kills tiger an 5 other beast such as Rhino, Polar bear, sea lion, leopard an hyena
Storia di David Lazzaretti, profeta di Arcidosso
By Filippo Imperiuzzi, Davide Lazzaretti
I turn my eyes to this part, and I see a lion advancing at a slow pace going to meet the sea monster. This, he saw the lion, leaps from the midst of sparkling water, and is facing the formidable opponent. Then began a terrible fight the monster sends out loud barking, but the lion remains calm, the fights with value up to 1 'horrible monster drops landed snlla sea beach. He had just shot down the hideous monster that you see out of the forest a tiger is roaring to throw over the lion. The King of the desert without fear and without anger attacks tiger fighting a long time but finally falls dead, near the sea monster.
Neil 'istesso moment you see out again by the raging waves of the sea a marine bear the bellows of which resemble the sharp sound of thunder when it affects the sound of the forests and on the beaches of' ocean. It throws the lion and fought with fury, but very soon it still falls a victim of its peaceful enemy. While the bear 's marine blew the sand, my panther full of anger and fury out of the forest and also throws on' invincible lion. This warns, and attack this new enemy, and after a long and fierce battle, the fierce panther stramazzata likewise falls to the ground.
So you see again out by the waves of the sea a orri "bile sea-wolf whose enormous mouth let see two rows of long teeth, of which the bellows were thrilled to the bone. It even dares to compete with the lion, but it feels the same fate that the other.

When the sea-wolf fell in this gigantic struggle, he found himself out of the forest a terrible hyena. It begins to send out screams acute and go around the lion, you look everywhere to not get caught. Suddenly the lion jumps over and takes it by the neck.
The invincible animal shaking vigorously, it uproots from his grasp and threw it upside down on the sand away from him six or seven feet. The hyena gets up, and made more fierce by this defeat, rushes to the face of the lion, but he gives her a fatal blow on the head and the body lies beside the other wild beasts. The long duration of the combat had made me doubt the final outcome of the 'invincible lion which was victorious in the end of these six of his terrible enemies
http://books.google.com/books?pg=PA...ie=ISO-8859-1&ots=l7uQE-uEp2&output=html_text

Could be real could be fake...I really dont care, its from a latin book about the venatio blood match's so its credability is taken into consideration.

Epic feat though, there was a real one almost similar to that one in verona. Of a lion accomplishing killing multiple animals...

The Gentleman's Magazine
Fight In Italy Verona a lion defeats tiger

books

Mr. Bolton said that a friend of his saw, in the circus at Verona, a battle between a lion, and a tiger, a horse, and an ass. The tiger at first shewed symptoms of fear, and wished to decline the battle with the lion. He fought however at last with great fury j but, though he foiled the lion for a time by his alertness, soon yielded on a close contact to the other's matchless strength. The horse was dreadfully terrified from the first, and became an easy conquest. The ass, the last attacked, was all the time quite unconcerned, browzing on the ground, and when at length assailed, bit and kicked with great fury, but in the end fell. The lion chiefly used his paw, with which he struck tremendous blows..
http://books.google.com/books?id=y2...ue+lion+tiger+fight&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
~A. Dodd and A. Smith, 1834

So the other one killing a wolf, leopard, hyena, sea lion, polar bear, hippo/rhino an tiger is possible...hard to digest but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.