Lion Hunting gone bad. Lion almost gets even.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Am I the only one who was reminded of the south park episode where they go on a hunting trip?

"OMG ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!"

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I wish that lion would have owned that guy the same way that other lion owned those Hyenas in that other vid.
I was just gonna say that. Would be cool to see those scumbags get torn apart, limb by limb.

Sadly it looks like the Lion was shot 1 or 2 times, possibly more. I thought I heard a yelp when it pounced on the one guy. Also not sure if a shot brought it down in the grass...you couldn't see it anymore.

On a more funny note, they looked like a bunch of needle-dicked rich guys looking for a new way to reaffirm their masculinity who couldn't hit the side of a barn...I guess they forgot to sedate the poor lion before they threw the pricks in with it to get "take down" their "prize trophy." Hope that was $50,000 well-spent ya fvcktards!

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
question i have is what sort of hunting rifles are they using?
those things sound like lightning

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Aharami
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Well I am sure bambi would like Mr. Lion to leave his claws at home as well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Å

dude thats natural selection. whats to natural about using technology to hunt some helpless animal from 100's of feet away.

100's of feet away?!?!? That's pretty rare....most want a target at most 100 feet away, 200 feet it's harder and usually only done if the animal was targeted at 100 feet is on the run...at 300 feet or more (100 yards) you are being an idiot.

you are so ignorant it's pathetic....tell you what go read about hunting from hunter sources instead of your PITA and NAMBLA friends then come back with a reply based on facts.

Many hunters shoot close enough to be possibly gored if the shot doesn't take....bow hunters take about being 'spitting' distance. I don't think of modern guns and archery as any different, arrow heads or bullets are the same to flesh and organs, just make sure you can shoot accurate kill shots.

They aren't going out there with machine guns and RPG's....most try for a one shot kill.

The animals a hunter kills and eats usually live better lives and die better deaths than any grease burger you wolf down.

Å

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: kami
I wish that lion would have owned that guy the same way that other lion owned those Hyenas in that other vid.
I was just gonna say that. Would be cool to see those scumbags get torn apart, limb by limb.

Sadly it looks like the Lion was shot 1 or 2 times, possibly more. I thought I heard a yelp when it pounced on the one guy. Also not sure if a shot brought it down in the grass...you couldn't see it anymore.

On a more funny note, they looked like a bunch of needle-dicked rich guys looking for a new way to reaffirm their masculinity who couldn't hit the side of a barn...I guess they forgot to sedate the poor lion before they threw the pricks in with it to get "take down" their "prize trophy." Hope that was $50,000 well-spent ya fvcktards!

yeah it was a pathetic excuse for hunters...for one I don't see the 'game' in this as the damn beast is just staring back at them....they just want to kill something they should draw straws, smallest gets his rifle taken away and a 30 sec running start.

Plus I don't agree hunting near the top of a food chain unless there is 'over-predatorization' and risk of hunger/death is there.

If man were not 'civilized' he would die out if he did not use snares and weaponry to hunt with. Man has his brain, that brain lets him build the best claws, teeth, and other killing devices.

Å

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
That video just pisses me off. The only way I could shoot that lion is if it was attacking me. On the other hand, I don't think I would have any trouble shooting the non-african hunters.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I would have derived great pleasure from seeing at least one of the hunters lose a limb or two... at least.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
there is no profanity or nudes, just the depiction of a lion being shot to death.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Well I am sure bambi would like Mr. Lion to leave his claws at home as well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Å

dude thats natural selection. whats to natural about using technology to hunt some helpless animal from 100's of feet away.

What is so natural about it is that it is an offshoot of man's brain development. Maybe you shouldnt wear clothes when its cold out, that isnt natural. Natural selection gave man a big brain, thin/small flexible fingers, and small teeth. But, with the small, flexible fingers, man was able to make things that his brain told him would work... and these things usually work better than fast legs and sharp claws. I guess humans shouldnt use cars or other forms of mechanical transport to go places, or machinery to grow plants, or any technology, since this allows us to be the dominant species on this planet, which in turn lessens the available space for other animals.

whats the point of killing some animal for the "game". if you want an adrenaline rush, go do some drugs and leave those animals alone. cause harm to urself...not others. and dont give me BS like "well its ok as long as the hunter eats his game". screw that. humans can easily go out to the market and buy their food. the lion kills bambi cuz thats the only way he's gonna get to eat. its sick how barbaric some humans are

and i wish that lion had taken that guy's head off

Unless you care to argue vegetarianism, your "go buy your food" argument is pretty dumb. A cow died for the cheeseburgers at Burger King. Just because you didnt see it die on a computer video doesnt mean it didnt.

Originally posted by: KarenMarie
Leave your gun at home.
Or better yet.... live and let live. Stay out of their territory and I am sure they will stay out of ours!

Well, as I live in Ohio, I can say that the deer population is increasing, and to quote the ODNR, it is "increasing exponentially". Something has to be done about it. Man killed off all of deer's natural predators and replaced it with only one year round predator, the automobile, which is an inefficient and expensive way to kill deer. So, you can either
-hunt them
-sterilize them
-reintroduce their natural predators
-let them overpopulate even more, then starve and die after causing tremendous harm to their enviroment.

Pick.

jkats

Dec 30, 2003
Maybe they were hunting for food, not sport. Afterall, you don't expect them to eat beef nowadays, do you?

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: jkats
Maybe they were hunting for food, not sport. Afterall, you don't expect them to eat beef nowadays, do you?

IIRC, lion meat is pretty bad, taste wise... but since I've never had it personally, I am not certain.