Lion Hunting gone bad. Lion almost gets even.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gistech1978
i have no qualms with someone who hunts and is responsible.
i have no qualms with someone who hunts for food.

i have no respect for those guys in the video.
i wish that lion wouldve tackled that guy.
there is no sport or skill whatsoever displayed in that video.

Hey cool guy, since when is there any sport or skill involved in hunting with guns anyway? The pray never have a chance unless you completely suck at tuning your gun and aiming.
What kind of hunting do you not have qualms with? Spear hunting?

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: fumbduck

Hey cool guy, since when is there any sport or skill involved in hunting with guns anyway? The pray never have a chance unless you completely suck at tuning your gun and aiming.

Wow fumbduck, what do you know, you're a dumb fvck.
rolleye.gif

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Excelsior

rolleye.gif

You really proved me wrong there with the name calling, way to go, champ.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior

rolleye.gif

You really proved me wrong there with the name calling, way to go, champ.

Yeah, I figured it'd do the job.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Those guys are @#$%#@!!!!

I hate them. I wish they would get put in a huge cage with lions and no protection but their bare hands. there is NO NO NO reason for ppl to go game hunting for sport. It is barbaric!!

:| :disgust: :disgust: :|

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: KarenMarie

I hate them. I wish they would get put in a huge cage with lions and no protection but their bare hands. there is NO NO NO reason for ppl to go game hunting for sport. It is barbaric!!

Amen sister!

I don't even step on bugs.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000

I somewhat disgaree. Do it on the animals terms. Pack YOU bags, hike YOUR ass out to ITS ground and go at it. But that fly down there, get in the jeep with the tour guide who takes you out on a fenced area...FVCK THAT!

I would LOVE to go polar bear or girzzlt bear hunting sometime. Pack my bag, grab my gun and hike off into the yonder. No guides, no warm jeep, no cush little resort. Camp out and hike until I get my game.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Shockwave

I somewhat disgaree. Do it on the animals terms. Pack YOU bags, hike YOUR ass out to ITS ground and go at it. But that fly down there, get in the jeep with the tour guide who takes you out on a fenced area...FVCK THAT!

I would LOVE to go polar bear or girzzlt bear hunting sometime. Pack my bag, grab my gun and hike off into the yonder. No guides, no warm jeep, no cush little resort. Camp out and hike until I get my game.

I'll buy that to some degree with one exception.

Hunt them the way they hunt. USE YOUR TEETH.

Bring one down THAT way and I'd be impressed!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Personally I wish the lion would have killed every one of those SOBs.

Agreed!!! Let's throw those guys out in the wild, naked with no protection and let's take pop shots at 'em. See how it feels.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000

I'll buy that to some degree with one exception.

Hunt them the way they hunt. USE YOUR TEETH.

Bring one down THAT way and I'd be impressed!

If I could bring down a Polar bear with my teeth I think I'd be on Ultimate Deathmatch Fighting or whatever that stuff is!

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002

on their term? then leave your gun at home.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Real hunting means you hunt, real hunting means you don't always bag your animal also.

Real hunters sometimes are the hunted and have to flee.

A real hunter should also only take the shot when he knows it will be a kill shot (or of course is now the hunted and is about to be a snack for a bear).

Chances are this video was shot in a preserve with a docile (used to man) lion. A normal lion would not be sitting there as these guys loudly spoke and filmed him. Chances are also this was a fenced in environment and/or there were men in trucks to 'scare' the game back if it ran far.

There are 'hunting' parks in america that guarantee you a deer or whatever you want, they take a small section of forest, carve out the underbrush a bit, trim off any branches that would allow escape and fenced in as well....those are more like arcades than hunting.

I am not a hunter, I would not say I wouldn't be if I didn't live in the city though.

Å

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003

edit: I have been reading here about game reserves in this country (USA) That guarantees a kill. If someone wants to point me inthe direction on info of these places, I would appreciate it.
Leave your gun at home.
Or better yet.... live and let live. Stay out of their territory and I am sure they will stay out of ours!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapgoose

Well I am sure bambi would like Mr. Lion to leave his claws at home as well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Å

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000

Lets be a little realistic on the whole deal eh? I wouldnt fight a bear with my teeth, any more then I would go to a "hunting park" that assures me a kill.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Personally I wish the lion would have killed every one of those SOBs.

Agreed!!! Let's throw those guys out in the wild, naked with no protection and let's take pop shots at 'em. See how it feels.

ha! he'd probably cry like that fat kid from that video gettin shot at with paintballs

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
only wimps use guns!

btw- did the lion get away? i coulodnt tell after it went into the tall grass

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

I just don't see the need to hunt carnivores.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Well I am sure bambi would like Mr. Lion to leave his claws at home as well, but it ain't gonna happen.

Å

dude thats natural selection. whats to natural about using technology to hunt some helpless animal from 100's of feet away.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
whats the point of killing some animal for the "game". if you want an adrenaline rush, go do some drugs and leave those animals alone. cause harm to urself...not others. and dont give me BS like "well its ok as long as the hunter eats his game". screw that. humans can easily go out to the market and buy their food. the lion kills bambi cuz thats the only way he's gonna get to eat. its sick how barbaric some humans are

and i wish that lion had taken that guy's head off

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001

Amen sister!

I don't even step on bugs.

LMAO!!! THAT WAS BETTER THAN ALL YOUR JOKES COMBINED!!!!