Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For the anti-LP crowd—holy shit this show is vicious to Rick Wilson (and not entirely wrong!) While I definitely appreciate what LP is doing, I know I probably shouldn’t give them any of my money because their end game is eventually retaking the RNC and rebooting the Republican Party from the embers of Trumpism.

Nov 8, 2012
For the anti-LP crowd—holy shit this show is vicious to Rick Wilson (and not entirely wrong!) While I definitely appreciate what LP is doing, I know I probably shouldn’t give them any of my money because their end game is eventually retaking the RNC and rebooting the Republican Party from the embers of Trumpism.

Yeah I saw that earlier today hahahahaha

It's beautiful - at least someone spelled it out for all the toolbags here that think these are some kind of prestigious masterpieces when they are nothing more than tabloids.

But hey - go ahead and give them more money ;)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

It's beautiful - at least someone spelled it out for all the toolbags here that think these are some kind of prestigious masterpieces when they are nothing more than tabloids.

Hey now, everybody needs their useful idiots, am I right?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

someone here is having trouble with context and well, simply understanding the simplest of things.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Who in the hell said they were "prestigious masterpieces." They are tools for getting Trump and the GOP out of office, and effective ones at that. And they aren't especially dishonest, not as political adverts go. Yeah, I'll keep donating to them. Again and again.

Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Why, because you think they will use the money you donate for their future evil plot? LOL

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Judging by your antics fits and temper tantrums on here Id say they are working just fine. Maybe exactly as planned?

Feb 4, 2009

yup they sure are dumb
Speaking of tacky “ads”
1594849418669.jpeg

To see the ad go here:

Last edited:

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

That was awesome. I liked the face he made when he got close to the screen after the first question. It did show there is only a few degrees from them to tRumpanzeism.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That was awesome. I liked the face he made when he got close to the screen after the first question. It did show there is only a few degrees from them to tRumpanzeism.
Oh shit. That is so perfectly cutting to the bone. Never forget who never Trumpers were.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Mar 11, 2004

Er, that's kinda exactly what needs to happen, or they need to abandon the party and burn it to the ground. Turmp is just the festering hemorrhoids on the giant ass of Republican Party.

Not that I care, and I haven't and won't send any money to a political campaign, although I personally love that they're really getting to Turmp. I think its telling that, even if you think the people behind the Lincoln Project are shit as well, that even they can see quite plainly how irredeemably shit Turmp and the party is.

Judging by your antics fits and temper tantrums on here Id say they are working just fine. Maybe exactly as planned?

Meh, he does that for literally every single fucking topic anymore. Dude couldn't be more of a clown if he changed his name to Bozo.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Another thing to remember about LP—one of their principals (John Weaver) once registered as a foreign agent of...wait for it...Russia! He lobbied for removing sanctions just last year—but has since given up that work *I believe*.

Maybe Putin and the Russkies realized that as fun as it's been, a chaotic US is more troublesome than a trustworthy, but obstructionist, US. :p

Mar 11, 2004
Maybe Putin and the Russkies realized that as fun as it's been, a chaotic US is more troublesome than a trustworthy, but obstructionist, US. :p

I doubt it, but I could see 3 possibilities. One, its actually establishing a disinformation campaign. Those often start out building credibility so that when they start spreading the disinformation it makes it more difficult to discern that. Pretty sure that's how Fox News started for instance. The second one is that they realize they might have gone too far and could be looking at a major clapback (which is what happened when they were trying to get the sanctions removed around a decade back, they fucked up and it led to the sanctions not just not going away but actually brought more), and are trying to keep it from boiling over. The third is that, perhaps seeing how the pandemic is going is leading them to be concerned that it'll cost them (i.e. lots of Putin's money depends on American wealth, if America's economy tanks, Russia's isn't going to magically get boosted its going to get tanked as well and his personal wealth will take a huge hit), or possibly more directly - if America can't get the disease under control, it will spread and that means it could potentially get to them (especially since they're buddied up to Republicans who constantly refuse to do jack shit about it.

Perhaps they just woke up and realized just how horrible what they'd been doing was. That's not that unheard of. And sure they might go back. Time will tell.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
For years Putin has set up Russia to take a much harder hit than the west. If he has the opportunity to keep the pressure up he will most certainly do it. I think its more likely that Trumps survival instinct, due to events at home, may be subverting his desire to suckle Putins titties than anything else.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Have we seen this?
I "HAHA"-d at that post, but jesus. It's no laughing matter! Corona is...friggin' bad.

When all this started getting serious a few months ago, my dad asked me if I was worried about catching it myself (I'm only 48 so far, so not really old by today's standards), and I said no, not really.

But, you know, that's before we knew you can get your lungs totaled by this virus. Heart damage, nerve/brain damage, loss of sensation of smell, dizziness, blood clots and stroke... Probably more, I'm not totally up to speed on all the side effects this virus seems to have on people.

And then there's the possibility of lingering infection like hepatitis B/liver cancer or chicken pox/shingles. No evidence of anything like that yet from what I've seen, but we can't be sure for YEARS at least that there aren't any such surprises lurking about.

And even a "light" infection - which is medical terminology which non-educated people interpret their own way - can apparently feel anything but light. It can be friggin' rough, from what I hear, with severe shortness of breath and a lot more besides.

So if you ask me again if I'm worried, I'd probably say no, not really, again. But I'd really rather not, you know? Because...who fking needs shit like the above in their lives?

Feb 4, 2009
I "HAHA"-d at that post, but jesus. It's no laughing matter! Corona is...friggin' bad.

When all this started getting serious a few months ago, my dad asked me if I was worried about catching it myself (I'm only 48 so far, so not really old by today's standards), and I said no, not really.

But, you know, that's before we knew you can get your lungs totaled by this virus. Heart damage, nerve/brain damage, loss of sensation of smell, dizziness, blood clots and stroke... Probably more, I'm not totally up to speed on all the side effects this virus seems to have on people.

And then there's the possibility of lingering infection like hepatitis B/liver cancer or chicken pox/shingles. No evidence of anything like that yet from what I've seen, but we can't be sure for YEARS at least that there aren't any such surprises lurking about.

And even a "light" infection - which is medical terminology which non-educated people interpret their own way - can apparently feel anything but light. It can be friggin' rough, from what I hear, with severe shortness of breath and a lot more besides.

So if you ask me again if I'm worried, I'd probably say no, not really, again. But I'd really rather not, you know? Because...who fking needs shit like the above in their lives?

I haven’t been antibody tested I may be wrong. Early March I got real sick, real fast it went from the “oh crap” I might be getting sick to bedridden in about 24 hours. In the scale of pain from being sick this was easily 11 of a possible 10. Seemed to have a brief fever on and off, no appetite and pretty much slept for 3 days after that around 7 more days of discomfort.
I never felt my life was in jeopardy but breathing while laying flat was uncomfortable. Something way down deep in my lungs was rattling around. Same with the cough wasn’t a normal sharp almost painful cough it felt way deep in my body. I didn’t cough a lot but when I did there was no way to stifle it and the cough persisted for a few minutes.
I basically stayed at the other end of the house away from my wife. She got a little sick two weeks later but hers cleared up fast.
I am approximately your age.

Reactions: FaaR