Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
A new one.
I must say, their troll game is on point.
Knowing Trump, there is no way this does NOT go under his skin.
I am laughing my ass off.

Just mentally disturb the living shit out of him. He loves chaos doesn't he? How bout multiplying his paranoia. I love it.

• Love
Reactions: cytg111

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
These fuckers are not pulling any punches.
Blitzkrieg down their own former ranks. Its beautiful.
One has to be careful with these "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" types of situations though, because when it comes down to it these guys are still Repugnicons.

They're people who don't see everyone as having equal value, they're people who think it's OK that some people can't afford health care, schooling for their kids, or even a proper home, while a tiny fraction of society live in unlimited wealth and luxury of a kind none of us pleebs can even comprehend as they plot and scheme against the rest of us to keep us all down while they get richer all the time.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
One has to be careful with these "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" types of situations though, because when it comes down to it these guys are still Repugnicons.

They're people who don't see everyone as having equal value, they're people who think it's OK that some people can't afford health care, schooling for their kids, or even a proper home, while a tiny fraction of society live in unlimited wealth and luxury of a kind none of us pleebs can even comprehend as they plot and scheme against the rest of us to keep us all down while they get richer all the time.

Maybe they can grow up to be right leaning democrats and then the left leaning democrats can take Sanders, AOC and kin at create the green new deal party ... or something.
Deal?

Reactions: zinfamous

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Yea, don't let your guard down. Heard enough interviews with Bolton to know they still aren't there for the peoples interest. They just don't like his style.

Reactions: FaaR
Feb 4, 2009
Why can't the Dems put out hard hitting shit like this?

BTW - What happened to Bloomberg? I thought he promised to help?

I think he upsets the Bro’s too much and Biden more or less said he didn’t want the help but this is mostly a guess.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

The key is to guide them to the airlock while they argue with each other, then pull the lever and space them both at the same time.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Love to see Bloomberg put his money where his mouth is. He was outspoken on this.

Holding my breath...? Nah.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Maybe they can grow up to be right leaning democrats and then the left leaning democrats can take Sanders, AOC and kin at create the green new deal party ... or something.
Deal?
I'd buy that for a dollar. :)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

These are people who are not only trying to defeat Trump. They are trying to help the dems swamp the entire republican party in November across the board because they believe their party has gone off the rails. Under the circumstances, I will put my policy differences aside with them for the moment. We'll deal with that later. Right now, it is 100% necessary for the dems to win in November in a tidal wave. If not, the country is FUBAR for a long time if not forever.

Right now donating to organizations like that, or DNC, Biden campaign, volunteering, getting out the vote are needed to save our country.

I've donated to them twice before, and I'm going to do it again.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
As The Lincoln Project continues and continues to take on momentum, maybe they should have their own thread soon? Anyway, this is an hour long but riddle me if this is not going to increase another ten fold or more in the coming months :

A virtual town hall

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
As The Lincoln Project continues and continues to take on momentum, maybe they should have their own thread soon? Anyway, this is an hour long but riddle me if this is not going to increase another ten fold or more in the coming months :

A virtual town hall
I thought this is that thread.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
These are people who are not only trying to defeat Trump. They are trying to help the dems swamp the entire republican party in November across the board because they believe their party has gone off the rails. Under the circumstances, I will put my policy differences aside with them for the moment. We'll deal with that later. Right now, it is 100% necessary for the dems to win in November in a tidal wave. If not, the country is FUBAR for a long time if not forever.

Right now donating to organizations like that, or DNC, Biden campaign, volunteering, getting out the vote are needed to save our country.

I've donated to them twice before, and I'm going to do it again.

Yep...Donated 3 times. They’re a bunch of conservatives who realize Trump is hurting the conservative movement and want to disavow him. A lot of them genuinely thought, in the beginning, that Trump could be manipulated into behaving as a normal Republican. Many may have held off on disavowing him under that delusion. IIRC, What was their public position after Trump got the nomination and it became a choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton? - they all backed Trump. In ordinary times, I’d be an opponent of some of the positions advanced by members who comprise the Lincoln Project, but we’re far from ordinary times. I admire these guys and gals who have been willing to defy their party, step forward in actual, meaningful ways and say what is true.

It was only with the accumulation of proof that Trump was never going to adhere to the usual GOP pieties and policies, that they realized they couldn’t go on with business as usual. And I’d argue that the several disgraceful episodes of Trump kowtowing to Vlad, yucking it up with Kislyak in the Oval, etc., played a large role in that realization.

If you’re a liberal and they were running the show, I’m sure you’d still disagree about their positions on a lot of things but they’re against Trump’s wholesale demolition of our system of government and America’s standing in the world.

I understand the ads by the LP ore mainly for an audience of one. Mainly used to get under his thin ass skin. But, I would like to see some of these run on mainstream TV. Come on Bloomberg...step with some of that money and get these ads out there!

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Whatever the motivation it's always better to bring more friends to a brawl than less, even if they're just other drunks you met at the bar that night, and would never let in your home. I post their ads constantly on my news feed, I enjoy people telling me that I am the delusional one.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yep...Donated 3 times. They’re a bunch of conservatives who realize Trump is hurting the conservative movement and want to disavow him. A lot of them genuinely thought, in the beginning, that Trump could be manipulated into behaving as a normal Republican. Many may have held off on disavowing him under that delusion. IIRC, What was their public position after Trump got the nomination and it became a choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton? - they all backed Trump. In ordinary times, I’d be an opponent of some of the positions advanced by members who comprise the Lincoln Project, but we’re far from ordinary times. I admire these guys and gals who have been willing to defy their party, step forward in actual, meaningful ways and say what is true.

It was only with the accumulation of proof that Trump was never going to adhere to the usual GOP pieties and policies, that they realized they couldn’t go on with business as usual. And I’d argue that the several disgraceful episodes of Trump kowtowing to Vlad, yucking it up with Kislyak in the Oval, etc., played a large role in that realization.

If you’re a liberal and they were running the show, I’m sure you’d still disagree about their positions on a lot of things but they’re against Trump’s wholesale demolition of our system of government and America’s standing in the world.

I understand the ads by the LP ore mainly for an audience of one. Mainly used to get under his thin ass skin. But, I would like to see some of these run on mainstream TV. Come on Bloomberg...step with some of that money and get these ads out there!

A few points here. One, they aren't merely disavowing Trump because he is hurting conservatism. They are disavowing the entire GOP right now. They probably want the party to go into the political wilderness for awhile, meaning they are willing to tolerate dem rule for possibly quite some time. Two, most of the LP board are never Trumpers, meaning that they did not support Trump even initially (Conway is an exception who turned against Trump within months after he got into office). Three, these ads are being run on TV, in selected battleground states.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Rick Wilson is very open about the fact that they’re mainly for an audience of one. They have their finger(s) firmly on his psychology, and know exactly how to push his buttons. More power to them.

The main thing that makes the LP spots noteworthy is that it’s Republican on Republican violence. If they change their focus to Democrats, they’re just yet another right-wing PAC running attack ads. Iv'e read that GOP inside operatives admit to being very worried right now and that the Lincoln Project is taking its toll on their candidate. They consider the Lincoln Project gang traitors. I’d like to think that Trump has been so bad, that those who stand against him can engage in reasoned disagreement and mutual respect after he’s gone. Right now the enemy of my enemy is good enough for me.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
A few points here. One, they aren't merely disavowing Trump because he is hurting conservatism. They are disavowing the entire GOP right now. They probably want the party to go into the political wilderness for awhile, meaning they are willing to tolerate dem rule for possibly quite some time. Two, most of the LP board are never Trumpers, meaning that they did not support Trump even initially (Conway is an exception who turned against Trump within months after he got into office). Three, these ads are being run on TV, in selected battleground states.

Thanks for the correction...George Conway, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver & Rick Wilson (the founders of the the organization) have been outspoken about Trump since the 2016 primaries. It’s not as though they decided two months ago to start not liking the guy. I might have been thinking of Scarborough and Brzezinski being for Trump in 2016.

I think the Lincoln Project is targeting swing independents far more than hard core Trumpists. Independents went Trump in 2016 because they hated Hillary. The hard core Trumpists are unreachable. Schmidt and Wilson in particular are long time, seasoned Republican strategists. They understand this.