Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
I’d like to think that Trump has been so bad, that those who stand against him can engage in reasoned disagreement and mutual respect after he’s gone. Right now the enemy of my enemy is good enough for me.
Yeah, The Great Pumpkin Man has got to go, I'm not saying that's wrong. But these are the smart Repuggers. When the Orange Menace has been defeated and his filth has been flushed out of the halls of power, these people are going to coalesce back into the Repugnicon party and they're not going to want to share power with any Dems.

But, that's something to worry about another day I suppose. :)
(...And we'll see then what their true position on gerrymandering and voting suppression and whatnot is.)

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, The Great Pumpkin Man has got to go, I'm not saying that's wrong. But these are the smart Repuggers. When the Orange Menace has been defeated and his filth has been flushed out of the halls of power, these people are going to coalesce back into the Repugnicon party and they're not going to want to share power with any Dems.

(...And we'll see then what their true position on gerrymandering and voting suppression and whatnot is.)
Maybe its a country before party kind of thing?

Reactions: FaaR

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At this point it’s not redemption. They are trying to burn the current party to the ground and reboot.

I'm fine with this in theory....but there is also the realization that these are the people that still worship quislings like Reagan as if that kind of insanity was ever good for this country. If they back up into that same kind of nonsense, then they aren't doing anything for this country outside of torpedoing Trump and the toxic MAGAness.

It all has to be burned down. Those fucks probably don't understand that the direct line that gave us Trump pretty much started with that Reagan-"silent majority" nonsense. It began with evangelical recruitment. That tumor needs to be removed permanently. Their "religion" needs to be eliminated from public influence if any version of the GOP could ever be considered a legitimate, beneficial political party.

This country has gone way way way too far right in recent decades. Imagine if the actual conservative party (Democrats) are able to migrate back towards liberalism in response. Crazy!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why can't the Dems put out hard hitting shit like this?

BTW - What happened to Bloomberg? I thought he promised to help?
you mean a billionaire maybe reneged on his promise to donate $1 billion of his own personal wealth to a cause that will not likely benefit him directly?

nuts!

Reactions: iRONic

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Sure, but I think they want to remake the party. Their ads suggest, for example, that they support BLM and civil rights. These guys seem to represent the old George Romney wing of the GOP who opposed Nixon's southern strategy. They also seem to support democracy and ethics in government.

They are going to be bad on most other things. They'll be our enemies in an ideological and policy sense, but not the kind of enemies the GOP has morphed into. Which is a racist and authoritarian party who will stop at nothing to win elections.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Maybe its a country before party kind of thing?
They'll be our enemies in an ideological and policy sense, but not the kind of enemies the GOP has morphed into.
I hope you guys are right. Because we can all use a break, seriously... What happens in the U.S. affects us in Europe too, and the frankly scary radicalization that's happening on the far right in Merica right now is stirring up the hive over here as well.

A resounding defeat for the champions of hate in november could breathe new life in the resistance over here as well, and Grud knows we need it. There's elections in Poland coming up where the cryptofascist "Law and Order" party (which is anything but!) is trying to corrupt society from the inside out, and whose candidate has been running an openly anti-LGBT campaign. The situation in Hungary is even worse, and there's far right parties in both Austria and Germany too (and those countries kind of have a history in that regard lol...)

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
this one looks like it’s aimed at one very specific target. That is some weapons-grade gaslighting right there. I would love to be in the room when The Orange One watched that. I doubt he’s going to see it if it isn’t aired during Fox and Friends . The Lincoln Project people know that Trump can’t leave shit alone. So they hope to cause a meltdown on a mental and/or physical level that would take him out of the game.

So, hopefully they run the ads during times/channels Trump will be watching and maybe Trump “melts down” but, even if not, he’ll probably waste a day rage-tweeting or yelling at his staff about shit rather than getting his act together for reelection. It’s all head games at this point.

Reactions: FaaR

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I hope you guys are right. Because we can all use a break, seriously... What happens in the U.S. affects us in Europe too, and the frankly scary radicalization that's happening on the far right in Merica right now is stirring up the hive over here as well.

Affects us???
If the US falls. So do we. Plain and simple.
It will be all

Financed from Russia and yea, by then, the US.
As western democracies go. If the US falls. We all fall.

Its that simple

Reactions: Perknose

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
The LP needs to make this video an ad as soon as possible
lol Other than the absolutely hilarious(ly frightening) levels of coughing in that video, what I really "love" is the bit where he goes, 'we have to remind people what a caring presiderp we have. He stopped the immigrants from stealing our welfare!'

Yes yes, I realize it's an edited video. I doubt he said those two sentences in the same breath. Still, it shows the Repugnicon idea of what the concept of "caring" is to them.

In all, not exactly Goebbels-level skill of propaganda, but hey, give him some credit. He IS trying, inbetween all those coughs! lol

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It all has to be burned down. Those fucks probably don't understand that the direct line that gave us Trump pretty much started with that Reagan-"silent majority" nonsense.
That was Nixon.

Reactions: Meghan54

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Just released:

Courage can be found in America, just not in Washington.

Walk of Courage
7-14-20

Reactions: DarthKyrie