Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
About time. Ad is pretty clear. Like the orange menace, MoscowMitch is using his political seat
for personal enrichment. When he came in 35 years ago, he had not much money. Now he's worth
34-35M, while the citizens of Kentucky wallow near the bottom in many economic categories.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Here's the latest from the Lincoln Project on the orange menace.

The Flag of treason: 6-1-20

War Zone 6-3-20
Post 35
Only allowed two media links in a post.

Mattis 6-6-20
Post #40
Titled Mattis

6-16 and 6-17
Post #44
Titled
Trump is not well
and
Tulsa

6-21-20 Shrinking
On post 97

6-23-20
Truth
Post 126

6-25-20
Post 129
How a President Leads

6-28-20
Post 130
Debt

6-30-20
Betrayed

7-1-20
Which Side of History

Post #181

7-1-20
Fellow Traveler

7-2-20
Mount Rushmore

Post #182

Post #197
Historic
7-5-20

Post 224
Names

Post #268
Law and Order
and
One Day

Post #274
Walk of Courage

Post #322
Fauci and Story Hour

Post #323
Story Hour Episodes 2 and 3

Post #324
The Wall

Post #330
Wake Up! and How it Starts

Post #342
Trumpfeld

Post #355
Failure

Post #383
Conservative

Post #386
Memories
Trump Stooge

Post #393
Wake Up

Post #393
We Will Vote

Post #406
Nationalist Geographic

Post 416
Moms and Care

Post #415
Secretary of Failure

Post #423
Moving Day and Kamala

Post #428
Unprecedented

Post #439
Goodyear and Ready

Post #440
Evil and Mourning in America

Post #442
Adultery

Post #443
Decency and Daughters

Post #444
Chyna and Doc

Post #446
School

Last edited:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I’m actually curious to see what his net worth was before being elected and where he made a majority of his money from.

It's hard to say. His wife is heiress to a literal fortune from a family owned Chinese trading company. I'm sure there's some overlap in finances there.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Is there hope he’d lose his seat? He has a negative approval rating apparently in all but one state. But would be sweeter punishment for him to retain his seat but sit under a super majority dem senate. Make him totally a lame duck is worse that him just simply losing his seat.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Is there hope he’d lose his seat? He has a negative approval rating apparently in all but one state. But would be sweeter punishment for him to retain his seat but sit under a super majority dem senate. Make him totally a lame duck is worse that him just simply losing his seat.

The only redeeming thing Kentucky has done in the last 10 years is kick Bevin to the curb. And that was just barely. McGrath couldn't win a congress seat against an empty chair in the way of Andy Barr in the most liberal county in the state. She's a shit candidate in a shit state. Good luck dumping Mitch. Him having to ride the bench if Dems somehow take back the senate would be an even sweeter victory.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I like that Kentucky twang. Should give Kentuckians a homey feeling. They need to run that ad 24/7 until 11/3. That should appeal to the coal miners and people living on a hill, or at least make them think?

The Lincoln Project needs to be pushing harder.

May 13, 2009
Probably could play this same ad with ____ democratic politician and it works as well. I'll vote democrat this fall but I'm not under some illusion they are the going to save us all. Hopefully they won't be actively trying to kill us like the Republicans are.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Probably could play this same ad with ____ democratic politician and it works as well. I'll vote democrat this fall but I'm not under some illusion they are the going to save us all. Hopefully they won't be actively trying to kill us like the Republicans are.
They will save us all from Trump!!

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So typical.
Mitch McConnell isn't the only millionaire republican senator pulling this crap....

In iOwa for example, another long term republican senator Chuck Grassley has also cashed out. And continues to cash out. Just look at the photos when Grassley first began his senate seat, and Grassley now today. I truly doubt the founding fathers intended for public service to be a life long job. Or, to make these political crooks into self serving millionaires.

Untitled.jpg

Every election cycle, old millionaire Grassley returns to his iOwa farmland roots, exchanges his fancy senate suit for old worn farmer overhauls, then dusts off his old faded blue chevy truck, and travels around the state in that broken down chevy campaigning for re-election. Trying hard to come off as "THAT SIMPLE GOOD OLE BOY FROM FARMLAND IOWA". And they fall for it every time. Those iOwa farmers re-elect this con every time. Over and over. Some 40 years now....

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

I look at it this way: even if you're cynical about it, you're still voting for the "Return to a Baseline Level of Competence and Integrity 2020" campaign.

That and Trump knows he'll likely face state charges the moment he's out of office, and that there's a real chance they'll stick.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Lincoln Project did a nice job with the ad, and they're going a good job with all of them. I don't understand allocating resources to this one, however, as the chance of ever getting Mitch out of office in KY is essentially zero.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Lincoln Project did a nice job with the ad, and they're going a good job with all of them. I don't understand allocating resources to this one, however, as the chance of ever getting Mitch out of office in KY is essentially zero.

Quite possibly, but one thing's for sure: if it looks like McConnell will lose, that's when Republicans will go into a full-on panic. It'd mean a likely overall rout for the GOP in the Senate, and that Trump would likely be removed from office even if he won the election.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Quite possibly, but one thing's for sure: if it looks like McConnell will lose, that's when Republicans will go into a full-on panic. It'd mean a likely overall rout for the GOP in the Senate, and that Trump would likely be removed from office even if he won the election.

Sadly, Kentucky is a red state with a couple of blue islands. I suspect there's too much Republican inertia to get Mitch out.

Reactions: iRONic

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

If McConnell is even anywhere near losing, it means a national blue wave bigger than 2018. Trump would lose by 10+ points nationally. In other words, there is no scenario where McConnell loses, or even nearly loses, where Trump wins.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If McConnell is even anywhere near losing, it means a national blue wave bigger than 2018. Trump would lose by 10+ points nationally. In other words, there is no scenario where McConnell loses, or even nearly loses, where Trump wins.

Oh, very likely, just saying that Trump would still be doomed in that scenario in the off chance he defied the odds and won.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
In 2012, how did Obama win but dems lost the house and senate?

2012?

The 2012 United States Senate elections were held November 6, 2012, with 33 of the 100 seats in the Senate being contested in regular elections whose winners would serve six-year terms beginning January 3, 2013, with the 113th Congress. Democrats had 21 seats up for election, plus 1 Independent and 1 Independent Democrat, while the Republicans had only 10 seats up for election. The Democrats gained Republican-held seats in Massachusetts and Indiana and one from an Independent Democrat in Connecticut, leaving them with a total of 53 seats. Additionally, they held open seats in Hawaii, New Mexico, North Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin. The Republicans, despite losing two of their seats, picked up an open seat in Nebraska and retained open seats in Arizona and Texas, ending with a total of 45 seats. The Independents retained a seat in Vermont and gained an additional seat from the Republicans in Maine, bringing their total to 2 seats. Both Independents would caucus with the Democrats, forming a majority caucus with a combined total of 55 seats.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
McConnell/Graham see's Trump is starting to circle the drain and they need to create a third “legislative” branch out of the judicial system by November, in the event Democrat’s win the White House and possibly the Senate. The GOP knows that the only way to fight the same tactics they use are lawsuits.

Reactions: hal2kilo