Info Life expectancy calculator

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
news flash, the average life expectancy is pretty high these days, even if you make bad decisions.

I made accurate answers and it gave me 98 years.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Never eat hotdog again and maybe you could be 100!
Good thing I don't eat hotdogs, however I do eat some processed meat (probably 1-4 servings a week). I suspect even if you pick the absolute worst options, most people will have a life expectancy around 80 years.

Jul 27, 2020
It has me at 95, but I'm aiming for past that.
Is there something you have planned for which you specifically need to live that long? Some mission or passion project that you must complete and that will require you to be alive for a long time? You do realize that past 80, you will just get more and more feeble and really unable to take care of yourself, much less do anything else.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Is there something you have planned for which you specifically need to live that long? Some mission or passion project that you must complete and that will require you to be alive for a long time?
There's a lot of living I haven't done, and I plan to do it.
You do realize that past 80, you will just get more and more feeble and really unable to take care of yourself, much less do anything else.
This is not a universal truth, and evidence dictates we're likely to continue making medical breakthroughs in the next 50 years.
Look at Jimmy Carter.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Only 79 for me. Both of my parents got taken out by Cancer. Dad lived until late 80's though. Mom only early 70's. I was shooting for mid 80's, as I still have things on my bucket list.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I don't put much stock into these type of things besides for just a quick laugh. There are way too many variables in life that can take us out easily. For example, my mom was feeling great until one day she had difficulty breathing. She went to the doctors and after extensive testing she found that she had an auto immune disease with her lungs that was heredity. When she was in her 20s she smoked occasionally, but had quit smoking in her early 3os. She died 5 years later. My father is nearing 80. He eats decently. What is keeping him alive and healthy is he sells icecream on the beach in the summer. He walks like 5-10 miles per day on sand. But, OTOH he is subjected to the intense rays of the sun. Especially from 10am- 3pm. And, he doesn't wear sunscreen.

In conclusion, much of our longevity is part eating healthy and getting enough exercise, but the other part is luck. Your genetics. The danger with these life expectancy calculators is it can lull you into believing that you are invincible, and that you'll live to 100. The truth is there are many things that are outside our control that can easily take us out.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I don't put much stock into these type of things besides for just a quick laugh. There are way too many variables in life that can take us out easily. For example, my mom was feeling great until one day she had difficulty breathing. She went to the doctors and after extensive testing she found that she had an auto immune disease with her lungs that was heredity. When she was in her 20s she smoked occasionally, but had quit smoking in her early 3os. She died 5 years later. My father is nearing 80. He eats decently. What is keeping him alive and healthy is he sells icecream on the beach in the summer. He walks like 5-10 miles per day on sand. But, OTOH he is subjected to the intense rays of the sun. Especially from 10am- 3pm. And, he doesn't wear sunscreen.

In conclusion, much of our longevity is part eating healthy and getting enough exercise, but the other part is luck. Your genetics. The danger with these life expectancy calculators is it can lull you into believing that you are invincible, and that you'll live to 100. The truth is there are many things that are outside our control that can easily take us out.

Like a giant meteor?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Sometimes, the results provided by a calculator...
Sometimes, the remarks provided by ChatGPT are super obvious. Seriously, who talks like that if they're not writing a paper? :rolleyes:

As for the OP... 70 years? Calling shens on that.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
A Joke:

Man goes to his doctor. "Doc, I want to live to a 100!"

"Ok" says the Doctor "Let me ask you a few questions. Do you drink?"

"No, haven't had a drop in my life" beams the man.

"Do you smoke?"

"No" says the man "wouldn't touch the stuff"

"How about sex? How often do you have it" asks the doctor.

"Celebrate" says the man "My body is pure".

"Well God damn" says the Doctor "What the hell do you want to live to a 100 for?!"

Anyhow calculator says I'm making it to 85...

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
102 for me. I'm guessing it weighs heavily on your extended family and cancer. Then likely red meat and dairy, and existing diagnosis of diabetes, or high blood pressure, or previous heart attack.

• Wow
Reactions: Ken g6