Lieberman Choice for President Dangerous?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: xuanman
he's a conservative liberal. he's probably moderate enough to get a lot of votes in a general election. but he probably isn't electable b/c he would have a hard time winning in southern states that most likely won't vote for a jew.
Even moderate Democrats, Clinton being the best example, have a virtually impossible task of defeating the GOP Southern Strategy (Clinton picked up a few states in 1996 but not a majority, while he romped everywhere else). In this sense, it wouldn't matter if a Democratic presidential candidate got 2% of the popular vote in the South, as long as he cleaned up in all the big states and the Midwest (e.g. Gore ran a disaster of a campaign and would still have won with just a few more electoral votes).

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: PG
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
I would never ever vote for a jewish president. if you think we have enough problems with the terrorists now, just wait until we get a jewish president. There is also no way that he could come across with doing anything positive in the middle east. He would always be a zionist to that region and they would be unwilling to work with us for any sort of peace.

I'm certainly glad to see that you are a much better person than him and aren't racist.

:|
I wouldn't get too riled up; he's just expressing a fairly common subconscious opinion that most people would be embarrassed to publicly admit.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Heh, I hope he doesn't get close to becoming president. His veiws are far to extreme IMHO, espically on the Music and Video Game Industry. Not to mention, he is very religious and we need to have seperation from church and state.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I don't think he has it to get the Nod. I am still hopeing for a Kerry/Edwards ticket.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: PG
I would never ever vote for a jewish president. if you think we have enough problems with the terrorists now, just wait until we get a jewish president. There is also no way that he could come across with doing anything positive in the middle east. He would always be a zionist to that region and they would be unwilling to work with us for any sort of peace.

I'm certainly glad to see that you are a much better person than him and aren't racist.

:|

How is that racist?

Last I could remember, Judaism was a religion not a race. I know what you mean though.

Like Linflas said, people were the same way about Kennedy.

QTPie

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Liberman being elected would be just as bad as Bush getting re-elected. Bad in a completely different way mind you, but still bad. I hope Edwards gets the nod and the win.
Agree. i'm not gonna vote for him bcuz: he's Jewish, look funny and .... hmm... I just don't like him

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: schizoid

God bless America.

To think, I can live in a country so great where morons like this can roam freely without being herded up and stuck into camps.

PS: I'm being serious here. In other parts of the world, they have "stupid camps", where the ignorant, the moronic and the just plain annoying are rounded up and forced to do menial labor and watch reruns of "Mama's Family". Not in this country though. We let our morons have computers and access to the internet! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

he had a point

it's interesting how being PC only comes into the equation with certain religions/races.

But when shaq goes off mocking Chinese...we are to just laugh and accept his stupidity?

I think you're quite naive to think the rest of the world wouldn't question Pro-zionist decisions made by a...Jewish President?

I mean, if the USA wants to steal Mid-east oil, and completely screw arabs in the process, they might as well do it in disguise..

Anyway..maybe we should send YOU to those backward countries where they isolate the stupid?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Lieberman is a decent man. He would be one of the few who could run for President without any dirt hanging over him. And how can anyone judge how he would be as President when you haven't heard a thing he has to say about our country and what he would want to accomplish as President. And his being Jewish shouldn't matter. If we can have a "reformed" alcoholic and drug user (Bush) as President, as well as a President (Clinton) carrying on an affair, I think his being Jewish should not even be a concern.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: schizoid

God bless America.

To think, I can live in a country so great where morons like this can roam freely without being herded up and stuck into camps.

PS: I'm being serious here. In other parts of the world, they have "stupid camps", where the ignorant, the moronic and the just plain annoying are rounded up and forced to do menial labor and watch reruns of "Mama's Family". Not in this country though. We let our morons have computers and access to the internet! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

he had a point

it's interesting how being PC only comes into the equation with certain religions/races.

But when shaq goes off mocking Chinese...we are to just laugh and accept his stupidity?

I think you're quite naive to think the rest of the world wouldn't question Pro-zionist decisions made by a...Jewish President?

I mean, if the USA wants to steal Mid-east oil, and completely screw arabs in the process, they might as well do it in disguise..

Anyway..maybe we should send YOU to those backward countries where they isolate the stupid?

I normally vote republican, but even if the republican presidential nominee was jewish I wouldnt vote for them. Based on our current problems with the middle east, things would only get worse. I have plenty of jewish friends and I have nothing against people who are jewish. I just think that it would be a very bad idea if he became president.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I guess you can put me down as a racist.

With the problems in the middle east I don't see any need to fan the flames by putting a Jew in the White House. If he was vp right now do you think we would have near the support we currently have over there.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
the people that wont vote for him because he is jewish need to look at the statue of liberty. you know the part that mentions that we
are a melting pot. man you might as well say all middle eastern's are terrorists

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: woodie1

With the problems in the middle east I don't see any need to fan the flames by putting a Jew in the White House. If he was vp right now do you think we would have near the support we currently have over there.

I almost wish Lieberman would become president just so all of the neo-Nazi, skinheads and a few radical fundamentalist Al-Queda members would choke on their own bile.

That's the only reason. I don't agree with his politics and would not vote for him but the religion(or lack of) of a person is not the reason I would or would not vote for them.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
he's a weenie..

un-electable

At least you have a valid reason, unlike some peeps who won't vote for him just because of his religion.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Lieberman is too soft spoken. Definitely not a guy I want to be the first Jewish president.
I think Edwards is going to be the guy. From the South, and sex appeal with the women won't hurt.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Politicians are, by nature, professional liars. Bush is a rare exception. Lieberman is a career politician.

OldSpooky

Nov 28, 2002
I don't know if Lieberman is dangerous per se, but he sure looks like Senator Palpatine, and we all know what happened when he got in control of things... ;)

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Yes, he is very dangerous. He is not only a tax-and-spend liberal but a damn social conservative! He wouldn't be President; he'd be Dictator.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: woodie1

I almost wish Lieberman would become president just so all of the neo-Nazi, skinheads and a few radical fundamentalist Al-Queda members would choke on their own bile.

That's the only reason. I don't agree with his politics and would not vote for him but the religion(or lack of) of a person is not the reason I would or would not vote for them.

oh and i'm sure if an arab were considering running for president...you'd be just as eager for him to get elected
rolleye.gif