LG 38" Curved 3840x1600 Ultrawide FreeSync

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I have no doubts about that, I don't do any of that though. The only thing I use my computer for is gaming, browsing internet, and some school work, which I graduate this coming May. Kinda a waste, but I really like it.

x3sphere

Jul 22, 2009
www.exophase.com
vFVE-QgzuXuPr6T_mvCiNeGx2KbX4MWrSdwRHR3r2I4.png

Got one of these recently. Given how wide this monitor is, I think the curve helps a lot with being able to see the sides better. Also the curve radius is more aggressive than on the X34 and PG348Q.

Very happy with the 75 Hz. I notice a big difference from 60 to 75. Had a 100 Hz X34 before and couldn't go back to 60, even after trying to adjust to it for a week, but 75 feels fine.

Loving the extra vertical res. That was my only gripe with the X34 and other 34" ultrawides, probably because I had a Dell 30" before.

I also sold my Titan X Pascal and bought a Fury :p Massive downgrade in GPU but I'm not really running anything the Fury can't handle at the moment and already played most of the demanding games this year. It'll tide me over till Vega.

That said I would have kept the Titan if Nvidia supported FreeSync, tbh don't think I'll ever buy another one of their GPUs as long as they only support g-sync. Too many interesting options in the FreeSync market coming out to lock yourself into one vendor I feel. I don't see much on the g-sync front being released or even announced lately, unless they are saving it all for CES.

Reactions: moonbogg and Bacon1

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
Dang that is a nice looking monitor :). I finally picked up a 27" 1440p to go with my XR34

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Given how wide this monitor is, I think the curve helps a lot with being able to see the sides better. Also the curve radius is more aggressive than on the X34 and PG348Q.
I prefer monitors with an aggressive radius myself which does improve readability towards the edges of the display. Working with documents has never been easier using a curved monitor and having several side by side is just fantastic when compared to my old 27" 1200p monitor. I'd dearly love to have a taller curve than what my HP Envy 34C offers but I am still very happy with this unit and the performance of its VA panel..

Nomanor

Jun 5, 2009
I got this monitor and I also got Asus 34" widescreen 100Hz.

I prefer the 38" LG better because of the more real estate. I just can't get used to 1440p after using 30" dell with 1600p.

The curve is not a thing at all, you hardly even notice it.
I got two TitanXP cards and they tear down anything I can throw at them on this LG.
The thing is, i can only use it at 60Hz because I got nVidia cards.

Having tried 100Hz on 34" Asus - it's good but i can easily trade some refresh rate for the extra screen space. Bigger is better.

Here's a comparison pic i took:

LhZfRDN.jpg

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
^ Awesome comparison. I'm glad you did that. 38" looks awesome and seems like the perfect size. Enjoy that beast.