let's pretend anandtech was a street...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
RossMAN for deals and webhosting
Notfred, NFS4, and mad indian for car talk and advice
shuttleteam - for all things computers most people don't know about
Anand - Maybe he'd let me drive the car he mentioned in CPU magazine in December ;)

what car did he mention?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I'd like to have all of the gun freaks on one side, I get along well with them.
I'd like to have the math/physics freaks on the other side, I get along well with them.

I'd have BBQs everyday and they could argue over ballistics. It would be the safest neighborhood, with high property value and few kids.

Sounds great!

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
i would drive up and down the street wardriving and hacking your wireless networks.

all your networks belong to us!

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
i would like moonbeam. i know he's crazy but he keeps things interesting. i would like rossman because he could notify me of all the hot deals, and remind me when to send in my rebates. i would like no more men than this. the rest of my street will be filled with the hottest women that AT has to offer...which isn't probably saying much (sorry girls!), but still....

(._)(_.) Woohoo!

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: xmellyx
who would you want as neighbours? describe your contribution to the community and/or how you view someone else as fitting in.

i view ameesh as the one to have people always dropping by and having a beer and/or bbq's. i picture zenmervolt working on a time machine in his garage, and m4h leaving bags of poo on someone's door, ringing the doorbell, and running away. :p
I tried the time machine thing once. But Linuxboy stole it, went back in time, destroyed the plans, which made it so the time machine never existed, which meant that he couldn't go back in time to destroy the plans, which meant that I made it, which meant that he stole it...

We're still trying to sort things out.

I'd want to live between Russ and Linuxboy and across the street from Notfred. Diagonal from ViperGTS and Osorum (sp?) would be nice too.

ZV

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
As long as no one touches my car and there's free WiFi, I'll move in.
You might want to add your wife to the list of things you don't want people here touching. This is ATOT after all. :p

ZV

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd share a house with my certain favorite AT member, and live next to Zenmervolt so I could walk over and be a PITA to him in his open garage on nice days. Amanda would live kitty corner across the street so I could go visit and PAB would live on the corner (close enough to talk to and visit with but far enough away that I wouldn't irritate him to death). ViperGTS would live on the other side of my house. Russ' shop would be a few blocks away (walking distance) and crab would live across the street.

{edit} Oh yeah! And Ross and MrsHoneybee on the other corner (across from PAB) and Ororum nearby.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Originally posted by: RossMAN
As long as no one touches my car and there's free WiFi, I'll move in.
You might want to add your wife to the list of things you don't want people here touching. This is ATOT after all. :p

ZV

I think Susan can defend herself but good point, I'll tell her "swift knee kick to the groin if any male AT'er so much as breathes near you".

:)

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
i nearly forgot. i would be neighbors with dezign. so i could hook up with her younger sisters. all of them. :p

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
How about ATOT as a TOWN?!?!

From WombatWoman:

AnandTalk: The Gossip Gazette

The sun is rising on a typical day in Offtopicana, a suburb of the busy metropolis AnandTown. Mayor Russ is chain-smoking (using real chains!) while preparing for his impeachment hearing, after having been accused of understanding Moonbeam.

Red Dawn is spending a leisurely hour at the spa, enjoying an esteem bath while having his fangs sharpened and his vitriol tank refilled, unaware that his arch-enemy Texmaster is plotting to destroy him by boring him to death.

In the afternoon, sexy shenanigans reach a crescendo (what is that 'fapping' sound???) as Perknose, happykitten, baffled2, hzl_eyed_grl, and the late Thunderbooty engage in a public flirting exhibition, only to be upstaged by the last-minute entry of Jerboy, whose arrival causes the audience to stampede for the exits, injuring many, including Jerboy himself. He will be OK as soon as his swollen ego goes down (unlikely.)

Gossip abounds regarding eakers' new baby. Rumors say that the child may have been fathered by everybody. However, the pink-haired, nekkid infant bears a distinct resemblance to Adul (who, in a startling revelation, may not be a woman after all.) There is shocking news that Paulson and Hubbs were switched at birth; the always diplomatic and wise Harvey suggests that the situation can be remedied by cutting them in half, then reassembling the pieces and changing their usernames to Haulson and Pubbs.

The AnandTech Moderators decide to crack down on posts that promote copyright violation, drug use, sexual themes, and personal attacks, and the subsequent drastic downsizing of the forums results in massive moderatorial layoffs. The one remaining Mod is required to be The Fun Mod, The Mean Mod, and The Watchful Mod all at once. The stress causes him to fall into modness, and the poor fellow is carted off to the modhouse, shrieking "Ban 'em into the Stone Age!"

The sun is setting now in Offtopicana, and the cool evening is punctuated by intermittent cries of "pics!" Occasionally you can hear a nonexistent Fusetalk Forum bug droning amid the steady buzz of nefs nattering about religion, LOTR, cars, politics, Bruce Lee vs Coke, and butter. As we settle in for the night, we hear the comforting sound of threads being locked, to keep the trolls out. All is well in AnandTown, where the deals are hot, the dudes are cool, and the women are above average (all eight of them.) Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the Best Buy bite.
And the sequel:

A new day beings in Offtopicana, a suburb of the bustling urban hub AnandTown. An ***OFFICIAL*** and ***CONFIRMED*** survey has revealed what Offtopicanans typically eat. Starting with breakfast...

A clueless youngster has accidentally wandered into Red Dawn's lair (known to survivors as "Club Red,") and the ferocious RD is gnawing the meat from the newbie's bones. A cluster of scrawny, cowering wannabe-Red jackals lurk nearby, hoping to snatch a scrap of partially masticated newbie meat that drops from the jaws of the Master.

The Giggly Grinch is enjoying a breakfast of hzl_nuts (imported from another forum,) baffled2 is having fresh carrot-top, and yakko and Adul continue their cereal rivalry of Postcount Toasties. LordMaul is happily noshing on his seventh PhotoChomp.

Roger, blade, and TonyH often forgo breakfast so that they will be lean and hungry for the daily troll hunt. On this morning, however, Roger and TonyH are sharing some freshly nuked troll-house cookies, while blade enjoys a few bytes of PotatoChip Abusers.

Mayor Russ has his usual repast, a cigarette dunked in chocolate pudding.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a geneticist... and hey presto, it's noontime in Offtopicana. What's for lunch? In kami's case, it's always brown-baggins. Perknose opts for a tongue-in-cheek sandwich slathered with Miracle Wit. Moonbeam munches marinated mushrooms and karmal corn. Harvey, the six-foot-tall-rabbit (or is that 'rabbi'?) has a taste for greenery, which he demonstrates by nibbling on the verdant Chia Head of WombatWoman. Young linuxboy, the Poster Child of Sesquipedalianism, eats a dictionary and happily belches his usual "Cheers!"

Down at the Nefeteria, the many-headed AnandTech Moderator indulges in some jellybeans and a nice Chianti. Zuni clears the cache of cookies and sips some refreshing cold fusion. Anand Lal Shimpi orders the catch of the day, "See Boss."

And as we approach nighttime in Offtopicana, the trolls come out to prey. There is not much nourishment in these vile creatures, since they are full of crap; but nevertheless, one by one, the trolls are killed and consumed by the Mod Squad and the terminators from Whack-a-Troll. No source of protein is ever wasted in AnandTown, although there is occasional disagreement among the Moderators regarding who should be eaten (hence the famous saying, "One Mod's Meat is Another Mod's Paulson.")

It's midnight in AnandTown, and tasty snacks abound. Rantmeisters jonnyGURU and Windogg share a rare beef. Race-baiters indulge in a little white whine. And many who should be eating crow are, instead, shooting the bird. Ah, yes, this is Offtopicana, the finest all-night-greasyspoon of the Information Superhighway, where the threads may be locked, but the front door is always open, where almost everything is either raw, half-baked, or flame-broiled, and where the favorite menu items are butter...

Coke...

and Bruce Lee

xxAgentCowxx

Jan 26, 2003
Nobody would want to live next to me cause the bass and flashing lights would disturb people all night for miles. Not to mention all the half-naked people on drugs making out on my front lawn, people dancing on my roof, and guys chasing your cars down the street yelling something about a 10 foot chocolate chip cookie running away. And then theres the crops...

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
I dont know anyone well enough to pick neighbors, but i'd be around to ...erm..i dunno.

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: marquee
anytime anyone said hello, people would shout 'Repost!'

hahah, yeah anytime anyone anyone said pretty much anything, someone would make a strange noise 'RRRRRR'.