Let's gooooooooooooooooooo YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! Game 2!!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
METS IN 3000

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

[edit]

If you're not watching the game, that wasn't a flame. When they were cutting to a commercial, there was a balloon in the Yanks' dugout that said that. :)

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Same reply as yesterday: Is anyone surprised? Didn't think so...

[edited]
I didn't watch the 9th inning....didn't realize the mets got 5 runs.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< To be honest though, I was very surprised at this one. I thought the mets would at least get 1 run >>

I don't quite understand? Could you elaborate a little.

Slap

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
All these Clemon's bashers are obvisouly not true fans of baseball. If you wee you would realize that he is one of the greatest pitchers ever in the game. He had no intentions to hit Pizza with the barrel of the bat. Trust me, he could have hit him if he had wanted to. The only way it would have hurt Pizza anyway is if it had amazingly bounced up and poked his eye out. He simply tossed the thing over out of the way. Why was Pizza running anyway, the ball went straight in the dugout.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I agree with Slap. It's pretty obvious the bat was being aimed downwards. If he really wanted to hit Piazza he would've aimed upwards more and had to have used more force. He (Piazza) shouldn't have been running, but Clemens should've waited for him to stop, just to be safe.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< All these Clemon's bashers are obvisouly not true fans of baseball. If you wee you would realize that he is one of the greatest pitchers ever in the game. >>

So, just because you're going to be a Hall of Famer, mean you can't have a temper?

<< He had no intentions to hit Pizza with the barrel of the bat. >>

Look, I'm a Yankee fan of 12 years, but I think this incident had something to do with the situation earlier in the season. Roger's had a history of head-hunting those who have hit him well. Even in ALCS game 4, A-rod had to hit the deck twice because of high &amp; inside pitches.

<< Trust me, he could have hit him if he had wanted to. >>

Yeah, and get ejected in the first inning of World Series game 2? He's too smart to do that.

<< Why was Pizza running anyway, the ball went straight in the dugout. >>

He must've remembered what happened in game 1 with those 2 foul ball incidents. He probably didn't want to take a chance on this play.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I turned the TV on at the bottom of the 8th, saw the score was 5-0 and turned it off... never thought it was going to be such a close finish!

Both games have been real close... so the Mets still have a chance! Watch out Yankees!

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< So feel free to believe Clemens' explanation for firing a jagged piece of bat at a hitter who has openly professed to dislike him. >>

I see this is going to be a very unbiased article.

<< And while you're at it, feel free to believe that Ed McMahon is dying to come to your house and give you a million dollars, too, even if you don't subscribe to &quot;Modern Computing and Home Decorating.&quot; >>

It's been proven, you don't need to subscribe to magazines to win. ;)

<< &quot;You guys ask me questions. Somebody answer my question. Why would he do it?&quot;
Well, if we could answer that question, we might win a Nobel Prize. There are certain unexplained phenomena in this world. And Clemens is high on the list, right up there with what happened to the Brontosaurus.
>>

The brontosaurus went extinct a few hundred million years ago. Now, who wants to answer the original question?

<< But does Clemens' explanation -- that he was just so overpowered by his own emotions that he immediately felt the urge to heave this bat &quot;towards our on-deck circle, where our batboys were at&quot; -- make any better sense?

In fact, Clemens couldn't keep his own story straight --
>>

What's the problem here. Generally people who did things while under emotional stress can't remember exactly what was going through their head.

<< &quot;He came a lot closer to hitting him than I originally thought,&quot; Hamilton said. &quot;You never know how that bat could have bounced. It could have bounced up and hit Mike in the leg. If that had happened, all hell probably would have broken loose.&quot; >>

Sure, had Clemens actually been aiming at Piazza, that could've happened.

<< Jayson Stark is a senior writer at ESPN.com. >>

I'm guessing either this guy was a relative of the boss, or ESPN has some lenient hiring standards.