Let's gooooooooooooooooooo YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! Game 2!!!!!!

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
Seriously, it would have been awesome if Piazza shoved the end of his bat through Clemens' neck.

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000
no TV or radio, but an internet connection...??? I'm sure the game's being broadcast over the internet-i hope you at least have speakers

<edit>i know yahoo has some feature that updates the game pitch-by-pitch, try that. </edit>

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
I still think it'd be much more interesting for him to sit here watching us whine and complaining because the freakin Mets can't score a run. ;)

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000
when piazza was up in the first inning, he swung at a pitch and broke his bat. the handle of the bat came back to clemens, and he threw it at piazza as he ran down the baseline...somehow, he didnt get thrown out

<edit> clemens just hit the batter (alfonso) up before piazza. here we go. </edit>

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Maybe the camera angle was deceiving, but it looked like clemens was just lightly tossing the piece of the bat towards the baseline to get it off the field. Granted, it's not a smart thing to do, but it didn't seem maliciously intended to me.

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000

<< Maybe the camera angle was deceiving, but it looked like clemens was just lightly tossing the piece of the bat towards the baseline to get it off the field. Granted, it's not a smart thing to do, but it didn't seem maliciously intended to me. >>

Tough to argue that, especially in light of the history these two players have. Plus, clemens has a history of having a bit of a temper. Besides, Clemens didnt have the ball (it wasn't even in play). Even the yankees fans here seem to admit that it was intentional.