Lets assume Manafort is convicted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well he's only facing his financial crimes right now. If we head down that road, it suggests there would be plenty to charge him with as a conspirator in Russian election interference. I'm not too concerned that Manafort will escape justice completely, but if he does to end the Trump nightmare I'm ok with that.

That trial starts in a few weeks. (No joke)

His financial crimes and his Russia conspiracy crimes were originally going to be part of the same trial but they were split up.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Maybe Manafort is playing the game of Pardon Chicken hoping that a pardon is coming instead of flipping. If it's the choice of jail vs accidental suicide via 6 bullets in the back of the head, jail may sound like a better option.

Ever read about how horribly a person dies from radiation poisoning? I bet you Paul Manafort has.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe Manafort is playing the game of Pardon Chicken hoping that a pardon is coming instead of flipping. If it's the choice of jail vs accidental suicide via 6 bullets in the back of the head, jail may sound like a better option.

As stated before, the states probably have their own charges, which are not pardonable. He doesn't need to flip on Trump. He's fucked, every way to Sunday. Trump can't help him. In the end, he'll be the victim of his own doings.

Feb 4, 2009
As stated before, the states probably have their own charges, which are not pardonable. He doesn't need to flip on Trump. He's fucked, every way to Sunday. Trump can't help him. In the end, he'll be the victim of his own doings.

Good to see you not defending Manafort, he is a dirt bag.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
In an attempt to find information about my previous question, I found this semi-related nugget:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e0979f5b2ed3

Emphasis mine. Surely there has to be some back-channel stuff going on there?
And about that time Manafort wrote his minion on Vlads main oligark(that he owed millions and said oligark was suing manafort), how do we use this to get whole(with oli and puti)... Soon there after, Manafort working campaign for "free", charges were dropped.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What, you don't find it normal for someone drowning in debt in a state of complete desperation to take a high profile potentially high paying job for no money out of the goodness of his heart?
Yea, people keep saying he was just expanding his prospects. He was literally out of time and money! Something else was in the deal somewhere.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That trial starts in a few weeks. (No joke)

His financial crimes and his Russia conspiracy crimes were originally going to be part of the same trial but they were split up.

Correct. This trial is the warmup for the main event, scheduled to start Sept 17 in DC.