Legend of Grimrock (Real Time RPG) - April 11, 2012 release

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Had my eye on this game for a little while after the devs posted a thread over on the SA forums. If it's in the $20-25 range then I'll definitely get it. Definitely seems like a great modernization of the old dungeon crawl game.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
/sadpanda

Thought the title said "Legend of Grimlock"

I wanted to rape the world as a dino-transformer.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Based on the couple of screenshots I saw, it has an Eye of the Beholder feel to it. Definitely like.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Looks interesting! Plus there's a music sample on their website which I really enjoyed!

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
The video on the site really reminded me of some old game I played before... maybe it was Eye of the Beholder series or something. The game play looks old though, if that is possible.

To be more clear about what looks old: the party movement, the mouse click interaction with the environment, the way the weapons etc lay around the environment, etc.

Last edited:

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
They've announced that they have the "Gold" build now.

For those interested, they've been adding weekly updates on their main page - a few interesting bits in the process.

Scuttlebutt is that this is going to be available on Steam, but not a Steam exclusive . . . really hoping for a GOG connection on this one myself, or at least a direct download option.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
That's an awesome news! Been waiting for this game for a long time.
Can't wait!

It'll remind me of Crusaders of the Dark Savant...which was pure amazing!

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
This game would have been so much better if it had been about the Transformer Grimrock.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
In case you missed the announcement on the GOG thread, this is now available for pre-release @ $11.99 vs the normal $14.99.

You can pre-order on GOG, or their home page (which is essentially the Steam version).

It doesn't seem that Steam is doing the pre-release sale/pricing at this point.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Pre-ordered from GOG too!
I've been following this game for a few months and it look promising!

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
That's an awesome news! Been waiting for this game for a long time.
Can't wait!

It'll remind me of Crusaders of the Dark Savant...which was pure amazing!

Doesn't look close to CSD. It looks a hell of a lot like Eye of the Beholder or Lands of Though though. I'm not a big fan of dungeon crawls with real-time combat. Once you get beyond 2 party members it's more of an action game click-fest than a true D&D game where you have to think your way through battles.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Ordered directly from their site so they don't have to pay a cut to Steam or GoG. Right now officially i just get a Steam key for it, hoping they offer a standalone, DRM free version to people who bought direct as well tho.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The video on the site really reminded me of some old game I played before... maybe it was Eye of the Beholder series or something. The game play looks old though, if that is possible.

Stonekeep?

Edit: Stonekeep was mentioned in the OP, goddamn I'm retarded

Last edited:

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
I guess I don't see the point in everything moving around on a grid like that. What am I missing?

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I guess I don't see the point in everything moving around on a grid like that. What am I missing?

Old school! I agree it's probably a bit obsolete these days, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'd love for some old school turned based combat like Might and Might 6 though.