Legend of Grimrock (Real Time RPG) - April 11, 2012 release

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Aaaannd my pre-order is in. Bought it directly from the developer's website, so I get both a Steam key and a DRM-free copy as well when it releases. And $11.99 is a fine price.

The game looks fantastic. I'll be looking forward to this one.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Aaaannd my pre-order is in. Bought it directly from the developer's website, so I get both a Steam key and a DRM-free copy as well when it releases. And $11.99 is a fine price.

The game looks fantastic. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Really?

So why would anyone buy it from Gog then?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Really?

I guess just people who are anti-Steam or absolutely hate Steam for whatever reason (they do exist).

Or, maybe it's people who like the convenience of having all their DRM-free downloads from one place. In other words, if you buy it from GOG, you'll always have it there on your account alongside your other GOG titles. Kinda similar to how ardent Steam users prefer to have every one of their games available on their Steam account.

Compare that to ordering it directly off Grimrock's website; you'll have to go straight to the website everytime you want to download your DRM-free copy, it's not included in your "GOG basket". So it's considerably less convenient for those who prefer the DRM-free version over the Steam version.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
Or, maybe it's people who like the convenience of having all their DRM-free downloads from one place. In other words, if you buy it from GOG, you'll always have it there on your account alongside your other GOG titles. Kinda similar to how ardent Steam users prefer to have every one of their games available on their Steam account.

This, and the fact that at first it wasn't known if the stand alone would be available directly or not.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Really?

Why not? Same price, but you get it integrated into your gog account? Seems like a plus.

I've wsasted enough money on games I never play so I am not preordering this game right now, but if I do decide to get it there is no question that I would buy it from gog.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
For 12$ i'll give it a go, loved the eye of the beholder games, dungeon master etc

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I bought it off GOG.
Simply because I like GOG and want to support them and I love what AlmostHuman did with LoG and wanted to support them.
And the game is attached to my GOG account, receive lots of goodies and well, i'll repeat myself, I support both awesome places.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I guess I'm the odd one out but I think the game looks boring as shit. I can see it being a game that invokes memories of oldschool dungeon crawlers, but my feelings on this game is similar to how I feel about Pong or Space Invaders.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I guess I'm the odd one out but I think the game looks boring as shit. I can see it being a game that invokes memories of oldschool dungeon crawlers, but my feelings on this game is similar to how I feel about Pong or Space Invaders.

Well, it is personal preference isn't it? Not all of us like Call of Duty 23: Enhanced DLC Super Edition.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Placed a pre-ordered after reading a few reviews. I think it's my first pre-order EVER.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I'm in. Reviews have been good and I (for the most part) enjoyed Stonekeep and the game looks fine.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
someone set this up:

Nice, thanks. I have to admit I checked soon after midnight.

They're a tease - they have the game showing a button for 'owned, re-download?', but when you click it, it goes to your lbrary of games, with the graphics for every game.

This one is there, but has a little 'soon' above it.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I input the Steam key early and it shows up as Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order but it says "coming soon". I can't seem to play it.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
I input the Steam key early and it shows up as Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order but it says "coming soon". I can't seem to play it.

Yeah, there's talk on the GOG forums about Steam having some issues even though they released the download about 10 minutes early :\

I've already installed it on my Desktop and will play in a few hours after I'm done with work.

The Grimrock site has gone into meltdown . . . so right now it sounds like GOG's the way to go.

Steam info:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2645290

Lots of unhappiness . . . .

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Impressions, people, impressions!!!

I won't be able to get to it until about 7cst tonight, gaaaahhhhh!