legalizing marijuana

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Biden could legalize tomorrow so shops can work with credit

Be nice if something could actually get done. :(

I swear Biden and the other senior-citizen Democratic leadership down in Washington are so freaking clueless its unreal.

A strong "legalize weed nationally" push ALONG WITH loudly calling out the folks by name who are responsible for relegating women's reproductive rights to the trash-heap MIGHT actually get younger voters to the poles and vote those old, white men PIGS out!

But no.... MUCH better to keep pretending its the distant past and not hurt anyone's feelings by naming names.

Democratic leadership needs a swift kick in the rear right now! (and we need a better nominee then Biden in '24 sorry to say unless there's a MAJOR change)

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Was passing through Chicago Saturday returning from a family trip to northern Wisconsin and stopped at RISE, I could have paid with a card there but did not know that so hit up their ATM before checking out and paid cash.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Was passing through Chicago Saturday returning from a family trip to northern Wisconsin and stopped at RISE, I could have paid with a card there but did not know that so hit up their ATM before checking out and paid cash.
Illinois has terrible prices, Michigan is much cheaper.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Illinois has terrible prices, Michigan is much cheaper.
Lol it's also on the other side of a big ass lake, not exactly on the way if you're driving south from Wisconsin. But yeah our prices are ridiculous, they've come down a little but are still like double what I've seen in other states.

They take debit cards, I've done it before but they let you pay online now so I just do that usually.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Connecticut prices have actually come way down from when I first got a medical card.... I can get a decent quality 8th at my local dispensary for +/- $25 and they frequently have OZ's in the $180 range.

EDIT: Curaleaf is having a 15% off sale on their brand bud and 10% off everyone else's.... ends on the 30th. (this is in Connecticut I have no idea if the sale is national)

Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I price-checked the website of the dispensary I used to have on my card in Connecticut. Thames Valley Relief…

They got bought out by a large conglomerate called the Botanist! :oops:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The jersey program sucks - overpriced, limited products, barely any edibles - but I guess it's a start.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Minnesota republicans accidentally legalized edibles and THC beverages.

That is kind of amusing, thought they were tightening controls on delta 8 (which they did) but left the door open for delta 9.
Limiting it to 5mg is kind of like selling only 3.2% beer, but whatever.
The dispensaries around here let you just pay with your debit card.
I suppose they might here too, I haven't tried yet, and I won't need to make another trip for a few months probably.

andy2000

Jul 5, 2011
Hemp derived THC was federally legalized as a side effect of the 2018 farm bill. Even here in Texas, you can legally buy hemp THC products in stores. A few states have made it illegal (including some that have legalized marijuana), but for now it's legal in most of the US.

The law defined hemp and hemp products as having no more than 0.3% THC, which isn't strong enough to smoke, but it's plenty for making edibles...

Reactions: Captante

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Connecticut prices have actually come way down from when I first got a medical card.... I can get a decent quality 8th at my local dispensary for +/- $25 and they frequently have OZ's in the $180 range.

EDIT: Curaleaf is having a 15% off sale on their brand bud and 10% off everyone else's.... ends on the 30th. (this is in Connecticut I have no idea if the sale is national)
Lately, they have been having 30% off OZ's on Sunday at the place I shop at. I think I paid $110 for some 24.9% total THC Ole Man Lemons sativa last purchase. Must do some shopping, cupboards getting bare again.

Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Does "Full Spectrum" CBD have THC?? Many are of the opinion CBD is largely useless without THC...THC may be the key that unlocks the effectiveness of cannabinoids in CBD? I have a friend that has rheumatoid arthritis..she needs something other then hydrocodone for pain relief. As far as treating RA...there seems to be no good answer..(Infliximab and similar)...

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
You are right! When there will be more young and open-minded people in congress, it will surely be legalized
That isn't an automatic given imho. It was criminalized a century ago for debatable reasons and plenty of outside influences (textiles industry, big oil, big pharm, gov. income from taxing alcohol, etc.). After a century...why didn't it change? Don't count on successive generations becoming smarter or more open than their idiotic parents. Stupidity gets passed down.
Does "Full Spectrum" CBD have THC?? Many are of the opinion CBD is largely useless without THC...THC may be the key that unlocks the effectiveness of cannabinoids in CBD? I have a friend that has rheumatoid arthritis..she needs something other then hydrocodone for pain relief. As far as treating RA...there seems to be no good answer..(Infliximab and similar)...
'Full spectrum' usually has trace amounts of THC, as opposed to 'CBD Isolate' which is only CBD. There are considerable studies that show that CBD indeed works better in conjunction with THC and other Cannabinoids to create a more productive 'synergistic' effect.

For your friend, the full spectrum option will be better, but it will not contain much THC in it. Not even enough to throw a positive on a UA. It might show traces in a blood test, but idk. If she has access, I'd suggest an edible or product that incorporates higher levels of THC together with the CBD. I think it would do more for her in reducing inflammation, and pain as well. This is simply IME.

Reactions: iRONic and IGBT

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I haven't had much luck with the stuff made from hemp. Did much better with 1:1 capsules (5mg THC/ 5mg CBD) and syringes (RSO).

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Don't count on successive generations becoming smarter or more open than their idiotic parents. Stupidity gets passed down.
Personally, I don't think it is the younger generations that are going to legalize it. It is the boomers. I live in Texas where it is nearly impossible to get medical MJ. Yet, nearly every boomer I know uses it for arthritis and other age related pains. They want it legalized.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Has the person thought about kratom. I have really bad hand arthritis and taking nsaids on a daily basis really disturbs my digestive system. Noticed a number of asian owned mini marts around here selling the stuff. May give it a try. Can cause face flushing and mildly addictive, plus varying quality of product since it's not controlled.

Reactions: Pohemi and IGBT

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That isn't an automatic given imho. It was criminalized a century ago for debatable reasons and plenty of outside influences (textiles industry, big oil, big pharm, gov. income from taxing alcohol, etc.). After a century...why didn't it change? Don't count on successive generations becoming smarter or more open than their idiotic parents. Stupidity gets passed down.

'Full spectrum' usually has trace amounts of THC, as opposed to 'CBD Isolate' which is only CBD. There are considerable studies that show that CBD indeed works better in conjunction with THC and other Cannabinoids to create a more productive 'synergistic' effect.

For your friend, the full spectrum option will be better, but it will not contain much THC in it. Not even enough to throw a positive on a UA. It might show traces in a blood test, but idk. If she has access, I'd suggest an edible or product that incorporates higher levels of THC together with the CBD. I think it would do more for her in reducing inflammation, and pain as well. This is simply IME.
Pushed by Hearst media. Damn Mexicans.

Reactions: Pohemi

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005