Left Wing Groups Call For Limitations On Speech

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
What you really fear, or course, is that their complaint is right on target. Many of you offer perfect examples of how effective the hate-mongers are at manipulating bigots and fools. Heaven forbid there should be non-regulatory efforts to mitigate your brain washing.

No What we fear is people like you who think fringe groups who have their own agendas order "studies" to wipe out what could be the last form of media that does not have the taint of Liberal Progressives all over it by calling it Racist. You call people hate mongers that want Liberty? You say Bigots like black race pimps like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton say Racist. If you think that only right wingers can be bigots you are sadly mistaken. The Bigotry in here on AT in more focused on Christians than any other group. Sure you'll deny it. It has been rampant here for years and one of the reasons ATPN spun off from OT.

Here is a study: Why can't liberal radio make a buck?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
EXman said:

I was going to offer this in the 'Oliver Stone' post, but I'll do it here (with his last film) - and "liberal radio" can't make a buck is simply because: liberals aren't rage junkies looking for a fix....

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I was going to offer this in the 'Oliver Stone' post, but I'll do it here (with his last film) - and "liberal radio" can't make a buck is simply because: liberals aren't rage junkies looking for a fix....

AND NPR is just fucking correct.

Today I had it on pacifica radio for a minute and the story about the israeli thing was so slanted against israel I really did think about the liberal media bias but NPR they were correct later in the day speaking what few facts they knew and nothing else. I leave it on npr 99.9999% the pacifica was just by accident as its one seek above my npr station.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
AND NPR is just fucking correct.

Today I had it on pacifica radio for a minute and the story about the israeli thing was so slanted against israel I really did think about the liberal media bias but NPR they were correct later in the day speaking what few facts they knew and nothing else. I leave it on npr 99.9999% the pacifica was just by accident as its one seek above my npr station.

I can't listen to Pacifica anymore without getting pissed. Almost as bad as right wing radio.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

Because they do it in public as activism/protest? Sorry most right wingers are working and not taking off the summer from school or their teaching positions to go protest and chant "What do we want? _______! When do we want it? NOW!

btw when left wing activists get together they bring chaos and when right wingers do it they even pick up their trash. :)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
No What we fear is people like you who think fringe groups who have their own agendas order "studies" to wipe out what could be the last form of media that does not have the taint of Liberal Progressives all over it by calling it Racist. You call people hate mongers that want Liberty? You say Bigots like black race pimps like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton say Racist. If you think that only right wingers can be bigots you are sadly mistaken. The Bigotry in here on AT in more focused on Christians than any other group. Sure you'll deny it. It has been rampant here for years and one of the reasons ATPN spun off from OT.
While that's a lovely -- and properly faux-outraged -- rant, it has nothing to do with the OP or anything I actually suggested. It's just a spew of exactly the sort of emotional, disinformed nonsense you've been indoctrinated to believe by wing-nut propagandists masquerading as news sources.

They're able to think for themselves?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I see the usual nutters have their daily dose o'rage boiling. It is therefore with great amusement that I will point out you've been duped again by the wing-nut propaganda machine. It preys on weak-minded ragers just like you who are too lazy to actually check sources and too insecure to step outside your echo chamber and expose yourselves to credible sources of information.

Contrary to the OP's title, they are NOT calling for any limitations whatsoever. They are asking the FCC to study the issue, to gather data. (Data is what thoughtful people use to assess the world and make informed decisions, FYI.) In fact, not only do they NOT call for limitations, they clearly and explicitly state they are only requesting a study. From the filing none of you read:
"To be clear, NHMC et al. is not asking – and will not ask – the Commission to compose any sort of content regulations pertaining to hate speech in media. Rather, NHMC et al. respectfully request that the Commission initiate an inquiry into the extent and effects of hate speech in media and to explore non-regulatory means by which to mitigate its negative impacts."
But don't let such inconvenient truths slow you down. The more you act like buffoons, the more you'll be dismissed as irrelevant.

What you really fear, or course, is that their complaint is right on target. Many of you offer perfect examples of how effective the hate-mongers are at manipulating bigots and fools. Heaven forbid there should be non-regulatory efforts to mitigate your brain washing.

Damn. I think Bowfinger straight up dismissed faux-ragers for the rest of the day!

nice.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I see the usual nutters have their daily dose o'rage boiling. It is therefore with great amusement that I will point out you've been duped again by the wing-nut propaganda machine. It preys on weak-minded ragers just like you who are too lazy to actually check sources and too insecure to step outside your echo chamber and expose yourselves to credible sources of information.

Contrary to the OP's title, they are NOT calling for any limitations whatsoever. They are asking the FCC to study the issue, to gather data. (Data is what thoughtful people use to assess the world and make informed decisions, FYI.) In fact, not only do they NOT call for limitations, they clearly and explicitly state they are only requesting a study. From the filing none of you read:
"To be clear, NHMC et al. is not asking – and will not ask – the Commission to compose any sort of content regulations pertaining to hate speech in media. Rather, NHMC et al. respectfully request that the Commission initiate an inquiry into the extent and effects of hate speech in media and to explore non-regulatory means by which to mitigate its negative impacts."
But don't let such inconvenient truths slow you down. The more you act like buffoons, the more you'll be dismissed as irrelevant.

Sorry that you are too naive to see the implications of this 'study'....

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Sorry that you are too naive to see the implications of this 'study'....
Sorry that you are too brainwashed to see the true implications ... or to understand how easily you're being manipulated by the fear-mongering, misinformation, and outright bullshit spread by the wing-nut propaganda machine. Every time you open wide and swallow a story like this you've been played, but you keep coming back for more.

Danube

Banned
Dec 10, 2009

They want limitations - severe ones. I know the whole agenda of these groups and the admin. If you read Cass Sunstein's writing about limiting "rumors" on the internet, forcing opposing links etc,, along with with Mark Lloyds ideas for using diversity in the media it's clear where Obama wants to go. This is why they began defaming protesters as terrorists even while excusing actual terrorists and refusing to use the term.

These groups are just doing the kabuki show and "crying out" to a gov who already wants to do the same thing. Study my eye - they know what they want and so does Obama. his been a whiney beetch about media since day one because he's a snow job artist.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Sorry that you are too brainwashed to see the true implications ... or to understand how easily you're being manipulated by the fear-mongering, misinformation, and outright bullshit spread by the wing-nut propaganda machine. Every time you open wide and swallow a story like this you've been played, but you keep coming back for more.

Then what is the study for smart guy?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Thank you for demonstrating my point You guys see a propaganda piece like this from unverified sources, at best carefully edited using cherry-picked, worse-case behaviors, and you sincerely believe you've just seen something meaningful. You're so ignorant, so indoctrinated, so deficient in critical thinking skills that you actually accept it at face value and believe it's representative. Hint: it isn't. It's tripe. It's a low-rent commercial for really gullible partisan hacks who can't think for themselves. And you just showed how effective it is.

That's not to suggest there aren't dumb people on the left too. Of course there are. The difference is scale. A few gullible idiots on the left just don't offer the same kind of lucrative market as the hordes of gullible idiots on the right. There are effective ways of delivering propaganda to lefties. Loud-mouthed, raging hate-mongers on the radio isn't one of them.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
They want limitations - severe ones. I know the whole agenda of these groups and the admin. If you read Cass Sunstein's writing about limiting "rumors" on the internet, forcing opposing links etc,, along with with Mark Lloyds ideas for using diversity in the media it's clear where Obama wants to go. This is why they began defaming protesters as terrorists even while excusing actual terrorists and refusing to use the term.

These groups are just doing the kabuki show and "crying out" to a gov who already wants to do the same thing. Study my eye - they know what they want and so does Obama. his been a whiney beetch about media since day one because he's a snow job artist.
Maybe they want them, but they did NOT call for them. The OP is a lie.

By the way, it must be really handy to be such a great mind reader that you KNOW exactly what these groups are plotting and the true agenda of the Obama admin, no doubt against you and all true Americans. A more rational person might recognize this as the hysterical paranoia of someone who's spent way too much time in the echo chamber, but hey. YOU know the real story because you heard it from that really angry entertainer on the radio ... who just happens to make millions of dollars stoking the fears of gullible fools.

Carry on.

Danube

Banned
Dec 10, 2009
A more rational person might recognize this as the hysterical paranoia of someone who's spent way too much time in the echo chamber, but hey. YOU know the real story because you heard it from that really angry entertainer on the radio ... who just happens to make millions of dollars stoking the fears of gullible fools.

Carry on.

More rational people would not have voted for a guy that couldn't pass a FBI background check. More rational people would see something was wrong with all the Marxists and radicals Obama appointed to the admin. More rational people would understand Obama nuked (NUKED) the Dem party. Dems have to go more radical now because without shens and illegals voting they are toast. Notice todays historic GOP lead in generic ballot - and the real impact of most of Obamacrats shens haven't hit home yet. The psycho is now getting ready to cap speech - and rational people know it.

DanDaManJC

Oct 31, 2004

I must applaud your reply.

Thoroughly punked. Took the wind right outta their sails.

Last edited:

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I am totally against this

I want to be able to recognize all you thoughtless dittoheads ... thank you very much