Leaked Llano socket shots.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Such as?
Internet explorere useing GPGPU? has it.
Flash video acceleration useing GPGPU? has it.
Dvd/bluray playback acceleration useing GPGPU? has it.
Video editing acceleration useing GPGPU? has it.
Microsoft office 2011 accelerated via GPGPU? has it.

list goes on and on. What type of program do want thats not GPGPU accelerated atm?
The point is... the Ecosystem is there, or being buildt up now. People are jumping on the APU bandwagon.

Im guessing there's 100's of programs that can use directcompute/APP/OpenCL/OpenGL by now, and AMDs Fusion APUs can do that.

x86 has an eco-system.
CUDA has an eco-system.

Show me what AMD has (eco-system) for GPGPU?

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
x86 has an eco-system.
CUDA has an eco-system.

Please define eco-system, and explain why it's important to have an eco-system and why it isn't good enough to have numerous essential pieces of software use GPGPU.

piesquared

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2006
x86 has an eco-system.
CUDA has an eco-system.

You call the Fusion Developer Summit a PR stunt, then request evidence that AMD has an eco-system. So I assume your question is rhetorical, else click on the link. Industry titans from Microsoft to Apple seem to disagree with your sentiment. CUDA is dead, it's just a matter of time. Some eco-system. ;)

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
There wasn't an "ecosystem" for the X86-64Bit when AMD launched the Opteron and Athlon64.