Latest CNN/ORC Poll: Trump crushing the field with 36%

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
um, dingus, you said I want more illegals, I countered that by saying find one post of me actually saying that, and you spun it. I am calling you on your lie, not deportation. try to keep up.
Then you show me where I said no immigration since that is what you implied by posting the poem.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump's agenda is actually pretty straightforward. He's a real estate guy with a long history of shady deals, especially of using the government to take people's property if he can't get it at the price he wants.
In the meantime, Cotton is once again pushing his unconstitutional "Liberty through Strength" Act in the Senate which would, among other things, redefine sedition and subversion as treason and implement attainder.
Trump wants to be President so he can have a front row seat at the biggest government land grab since the Indian wars.

Jesus, Vic, you scare me.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, he has said we need to be a sovereign nation thst protects it's borders and is a land of laws.

Tell me, since every other country on the planet has more strict immigration laws, are they racist? What about mexico? Come there illegally and they deport your ass quickly. Same with australia, canada, all of Europe.

But hey, it is only whitey that can be racist.

You can be an advocate for restrictive immigration laws and not be a racist. You can also be a racist like Donald Trump and advocate for restrictive immigration. See how that works?

Interesting how conservatives have a sudden fascination with foreign laws when it comes to immigration, but think it's totally irrelevant when it comes to, say, health care.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Jesus, Vic, you scare me.
Cotton introduced in the Senate his latest attack on the Constitution at almost exactly the same time that Trump started shouting about going after the terrorists' families.
How much valuable real estate in NYC would you speculate is owned by Muslims and Jews?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'm glad and hope Trump wins the nomination, it means an almost sure loss (for the repubs) in the general, If I were republican, I'd be worried about yet another loss for President.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Cotton introduced in the Senate his latest attack on the Constitution at almost exactly the same time that Trump started shouting about going after the terrorists' families.
How much valuable real estate in NYC would you speculate is owned by Muslims and Jews?

I don't know but I would imagine quite a lot. I just can't comprehend that kind of evil and only hope you're seeing an outbreak, not of cunning opportunistic hideous greed, but a manifestation of fear produced by current events induced fear. What bothers me most is that I find your posts to be regularly tremendously insightful and that I may be profoundly naïve.

Feb 4, 2009
Here's my perspective (from a guy who is unlikely to vote Trump).

He's doing what Romney tried to do twice, he's just better at it. Over the years I've heard him talk with Howard Stern (I know but they were tea discussions) and his various interviews over the years. Trump isn't that conservative of a guy he simply wants to delegate and have shit get done. His Romney play is go to all the conservatives fears because most of the early primary states for Republicans are very conservative. Once he wins those which he has to do to be nominated he'll move to the center its just how the Republican primaries work.
Pros:
I'm all for a discussion about immigration build a wall if it makes people feel better I don't think it would work however I'm fine with the idea
He doesn't accept money from other rich guys
He's effectively kept the Koch brothers agenda away great work!
He doesn't do the random shit like serve BBQ at some god awful fair somewhere
He has supported single layer health care in the past
cons:
He currently says some pretty out there shit who knows what he's serious about
His budget is a joke again who knows what he's serious about
God knows what he'd say after a tragedy imagine a Newtown type event
Big league narcissist

Sorry for the poor grammar this is a big rant on a small mobile screen

Last edited:

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Dang, he's building a significant lead. Expect smear campaigns by the left / media to kick into high gear soon.

Are you kidding??

The Democrats are LOVING Trump! The only thing that could better assure them of a presidential victory next year is if Trump narrowly loses the Republican nomination and runs in the fall as an independent. He'll garner more than enough of the mouth-breather vote to give the Democrats a landslide in November.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Are you kidding??

The Democrats are LOVING Trump! The only thing that could better assure them of a presidential victory next year is if Trump narrowly loses the Republican nomination and runs in the fall as an independent. He'll garner more than enough of the mouth-breather vote to give the Democrats a landslide in November.

Yeppers. It's been fun watching Trump slap the smug right off the faces of the big money Repub leadership. They thought they had the base right in the palm of their hand until Trump grabbed the mic & told the chumps what they really want to hear. Now they're his chumps.

Maybe the leadership will reflect on just how the base has been so radicalized over the last 40 years or so that they go that way... The base has been led on for decades with promises of impossible action & they're fed up with it. But they still believe, believe, believe... that they're right about all the stupid shit they've been taught & that they really are the majority.

So bring it on. The part that none of them have figured out is that the rest of America, the real majority, is sick of their shit & ready to cast them into the political wilderness where they belong.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Uhmm, I've said repeatedly that I don't vote. It's a pointless exercise.

Then don't bitch about what we get. I don't listen to people who complain about who we elect, if they didn't vote.

BTW, my mother, a long term Democrat said that if it starts to look like the Dems are going to lose, she will be voting for Trump. I know a few people who feel like Obama let us down and are ready for a change named Trump, yes, even Democrats. Mom can't stand Hillary and doesn't trust a word out of her mouth. Loves Bernie, but says he's got little chance.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I don't know but I would imagine quite a lot. I just can't comprehend that kind of evil and only hope you're seeing an outbreak, not of cunning opportunistic hideous greed, but a manifestation of fear produced by current events induced fear. What bothers me most is that I find your posts to be regularly tremendously insightful and that I may be profoundly naïve.
I will admit that it's a highly unlikely scenario. But powerful people are in fact pushing for legislation to make such things possible.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Then don't bitch about what we get. I don't listen to people who complain about who we elect, if they didn't vote.

BTW, my mother, a long term Democrat said that if it starts to look like the Dems are going to lose, she will be voting for Trump. I know a few people who feel like Obama let us down and are ready for a change named Trump, yes, even Democrats. Mom can't stand Hillary and doesn't trust a word out of her mouth. Loves Bernie, but says he's got little chance.

She'll vote for Hillary when Bernie gets the VP nod.
In the meantime, Obama isn't running and the RNC isn't going to support Trump.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm terribly sorry you aren't going to listen to me now, because you totally listened to me before, haha.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Uhmm, I've said repeatedly that I don't vote. It's a pointless exercise.

Yeh, if more sensible people did the same we could abandon the voting booths to the Repub base who vote in every election like punching in at the job.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Not really necessary, and why rely on the estimate of someone who is a known serial liar?

A guy like Trump benefits not only in the amount of his inheritance but in the value his name has in the inheritance. Guys like him often don't need to put up much if any of there own money and that's not an advantage the average Joe has.

Given the advantages he had he's not demonstrated much to me above what could have been achieved by giving his money to a good money manager.

Brian

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005

Doesn't trust Hillary, but trusts Trump more? Sophie's choice is the theme of this election cycle it seems.