Laptop with Vista

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: googly
This Toshiba's Specs say 2GB memory maximum, else I'd have sprung for 2 x 2GB sticks. why is it so difficult to get proper information about compatability? Grrrrr....

It might be more, it really depends when it was made. Sometimes, notebooks put their max RAM amount as what was available at the time of release - so a notebook that was released when 2GB sticks were extremely expensive might have just listed it's max RAM as 2GB. My notebook's max supported RAM amount is 2GB (2x1GB), but I have 2.5GB running in it.

VinDSL

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.lenon.com
Originally posted by: googly
This Toshiba's Specs say 2GB memory maximum, else I'd have sprung for 2 x 2GB sticks.

Yep, that's how they stay in business!

All laptop vendors do this! It's called planned obsolescence - also built-in obsolescence (UK).

Oh, well, 2GB RAM sticks are cheap, and they work okay...

I certainly wouldn't run less that that with Vista! ;)

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I've worked on dozens of laptops now with various flavors of vista. Will 1 gb do? Certainly, but based on my experience, 2gb is really a good balance. 1gb just seems slow on some systems.