Ladies: What's worse, giving birth or breaking a bone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aeroguy, Jun 29, 2003.

1. aeroguy

aeroguy Senior member

They gave me 2 doses even before I had x-rays. But I was in so much pain I couldn't even tell they gave me anything.

2. Skyclad1uhm1

Skyclad1uhm1 Lifer

Wuss

3. Nyical

Nyical Golden Member

:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q

/gets a mental picture of a gun barrel plugged then exploding

4. anno

anno Golden Member

it's a tough question. I've only broken one bone, and it was a little one..
    giving birth (unmedicated) is very intense pain to the exclusion of all other thought!
    but it's over pretty quickly.. and much more rewarding than breaking a bone.. plus
    there's the whole "I meant to do this" factor..

but.. I remember how much delivery hurts (labor isn't much fun.. after is sore.. but actual
    delivery.. that hurts.) and I don't remember how much that broken bone hurt.. just that it did.
    but.. as I said.. it was a little bone.

I'd compare setting those broken bones (if they were displaced) with no meds to giving
    birth with no meds. other than that bit of intensity.. the last stage of labor and delivery
    compared to the bone setting.. broken bones of the sort you have probably hurt more..
    and longer. and you don't get that rush of euphoria or that cute baby after.. all you got
    to look forward to is when the cast comes off and you can finally scratch. heh.

5. notfred

notfred Lifer

I broke both bones in my right forearm. MY whole arm was bent in the wrong spot at about a 30 degree angle. It was kinda sore for about a week, but really, it didn't hurt very much.

6. rahvin

rahvin Elite Member

Try both and you will know what he's talking about. Although it varies person to person I would wager in most cases kidney stones are more painful than childbirth.

7. yukichigai

yukichigai Diamond Member

Admit it, you were keeping yourself awake so he'd give you more pills later.

8. aeroguy

aeroguy Senior member

No pills, just injected straight into the blood... works faster that way. And that's not true, I wanted to be knocked out as fast as possible.

9. Yax

Yax Platinum Member

THe answer is, breaking a bone while giving child birth; especially if you're a guy.

10. Rudee

Rudee Lifer

I've broken my tib/fib before. The most painful thing I've every experienced. I lived on Percocets at home and Morphine while at the hospital. no fun.

11. Rudee

Rudee Lifer

I've broken my tib/fib before. The most painful thing I've every experienced. I lived on Percocets at home and Morphine while at the hospital. no fun.

12. Nyical

Nyical Golden Member

Your going to have a broke bone alright :Q

13. bradruth

bradruth Lifer

Technically that's not applicable. Babies aren't birthed through the urethra, kidney stones are.