Kony 2012, another classic limousine liberal cause with big profits for all involved.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
You're linking to Alex Jones? Really?

FYI everyone, Alex Jones is a 9/11 truther and believes that the US government was behind the Oklahoma City bombing. For a good time, check the comments on the video, they are impressively crazy.

Impressive I see character assassination instead of actual debate of facts... but if thats how you sleep at night, more power to you. Some things Jones is wrong on, some he's very right. Believe it or not, he has a pretty good record of predicting stuff like this happening.

But hey, if you wanna disregard an entire source of information because it scares you or you disagree with it, thats your life.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
well one thing nobody can deny is that this kony movement has a deadline. the whole point is to get this done this year, or we lose. sure, it might extend after that if kony doesnt go down, but at least they are putting a deadline on it and not telling people to donate for all eternity like 9/11

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Impressive I see character assassination instead of actual debate of facts... but if thats how you sleep at night, more power to you. Some things Jones is wrong on, some he's very right. Believe it or not, he has a pretty good record of predicting stuff like this happening.

But hey, if you wanna disregard an entire source of information because it scares you or you disagree with it, thats your life.

Mind listing a far representation of Alex Jones 'predictions' and pointing out how many he got right?

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
You know what is sad. Don't get me wrong this is a good cause. But it seems like other problems are being ignored.

A disease has killed hundreds of children in the past few years and has cripples thousands more children. It has seizures when eating and old, and causes cerebral atrophy. The disease is uniformly fatal overtime, so those crippled will eventually die too. Scientist and Doctors have no idea as the cause of this disease. But there is no research and no money going to this. Most people are clueless about this disease. It has killed thousands of Sudan and Southern Sudan as well. No one knows what is causing it. Something is causing these children's brains to atrophy and die.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Yes, I am perfectly willing to disregard Alex Jones as a source of information based on his history of insane, disreputable accusations. I feel no need whatsoever to debate facts with a crazy person. Alex Jones most certainly does not have a 'pretty good record' of predicting stuff. If you think so, please let us know what he has successfully predicted, and provide links.

When you see a crazy hobo on the corner in a sandwich board that says Hitler has put a chip in his brain, do you feel the need to debate him on facts?

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Today and everyday over 300 children in Uganda will die of treatable and preventable diarrhoeal diseases. Hundreds of children today and everyday in Uganda will die malnutrition. But since it isn't a hip topic no one cares. No one does anything to help these people. In Africa over 1 million children a year die of preventable and treatable diarrhoeal diseases, diseases for which no one in the west dies from. The fact that millions of children die from this is a blight on humanity.