Know what happens when idiots speed when there is thick fog?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
It happens here when it snows. Last year there was a big pileup on a local highway. It even affected both directions when a flatbed truck skidded onto the other side of the highway, causing accidents there. I think it was a snow squall that moved in really fast - the road got coated very quickly, and it turned to whiteout conditions.

People seem to forget that you need both visibility and friction with the road surface in order to drive safely.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
True, people do tend to drive faster in fog, if they don't pay close attention to the speedometer. The lack of visual clues from passing objects, obscured by the fog, tricks the human brain into thinking we're going slow.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
That looks about like where I live. (not the countryside, just the wrecks)

We get horribly dense ground fog in the winter time, and 50 car pile-ups aren't uncommon. IIRC, we've had several involving over 100 cars/trucks in the past few years.

Dumb motherfuckers. You can't see the end of your hood...so drive 75+ :roll:

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Reminds me of the pileup on I-4 because of the smoke/fog. Picture 3 is a 3.5SE Altima :p, I know those rims

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Why is the firefighter in pic 2 trying to sweep with a pitchfork? Seems awefully inefficient.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea one of the people i play WoW with is from the UAE and was telling us about this last night, which is like 4 am for him

kinda amazing that only a small number of people died,

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by: amdhunter
I like the poll about women ruling the future. lol, like they could.

For all extensive purposes of reverse sexual discrimination taken into account; they already do rule the US.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Izusaga

For all extensive purposes of reverse sexual discrimination taken into account; they already do rule the US.

:confused:

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
We'd get horrible fog in the valley in CA where I lived. Wrecks all the time because people still drove 55 and crap. Morons.

I'm talking fog where you can barely see one yellow dash on the road at a time. There were a few times that I drove by my house on my way home because I couldn't see it from the road.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: thereds
Originally posted by: legoman666
Originally posted by: Izusaga

:confused:

LOL

yea i dont think ive seen that phrase butchered that badly before

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
350 people injured with 60 cars involved?

5.8 people per car... pretty simple math

what are you confused about

also there are buses there bus = 1 car but like 30 people