Klobuchar now out.

Nov 8, 2012
I honestly don't understand why (her and Booty) are leaving right before super tuesday? Booty especially because he practically won Iowa, there is zero reason to believe he was some kind of massive underdog.

Also hasn't their damage kinda already been done since states offer early voting?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
We are now in the situation where the youngest candidate is Warren.
The oldest candidate by age is Sanders.
The oldest candidate based on mental decline is Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11 and Muse

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pete and Amy were in the low single digits in South Carolina. They did the right thing in an attempt to consolidate the moderate vote. In order to stop Trump Bernie needs to be stopped. The plurality of Democrats are moderate and that just needs to be reflected at the ballot box.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitek

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I honestly don't understand why (her and Booty) are leaving right before super tuesday? Booty especially because he practically won Iowa, there is zero reason to believe he was some kind of massive underdog.

Also hasn't their damage kinda already been done since states offer early voting?

As HomerJS suggested, the likely answer is that the moderates are rallying around Biden to help him win Super Tuesday. Better to do that, they reckon, than lose by themselves out of stubborn pride.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

Do you even look at the polls? Both were looking at few if any delegates on Super Tuesday. They can move out of the way for Biden and Bloomberg to rack up delegates.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Because they see no plausible path to victory for themselves and want someone other than Sanders to get the nomination.

Reactions: pcgeek11 and Zorba

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Haha, you really don't understand what's going on? Think about it, 15% threshold. They're jumping out before super Tuesday so Biden can get more delagates. This is 100% about stopping Sanders, otherwise withdrawing literally the day before Super Tuesday makes no sense.

Warren is not dropping out because #1 there's a perception that she'll cost Bernie more votes than Biden (I don't personally believe that) and #2 so that if the delegate count is somewhat close between Bernie and Biden, she can be given the nomination as a "compromise" candidate.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Do you even look at the polls? Both were looking at few if any delegates on Super Tuesday. They can move out of the way for Biden and Bloomberg to rack up delegates.
I think Bloomberg is a mirage. We will see if he really has anything after Tuesday.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Looks like the DNC fix is in for Biden.

It's so transparent. They must think Sanders's base consists of the dumbest people on planet earth.

(Not really, they know this plan will not work and will hand Trump re-election on a silver platter, they just don't care.)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Pete and Amy were in the low single digits in South Carolina. They did the right thing in an attempt to consolidate the moderate vote. In order to stop Trump Bernie needs to be stopped. The plurality of Democrats are moderate and that just needs to be reflected at the ballot box.

That isn't true. It's about dead even with maybe a slight majority more for the liberal side. Would be higher too if the party itself moved more left.

If Biden wins with a plurality or majority, it'll be because the party decides. We're allowing SC to decide it, which from the evidence, it looks like the Clyburn endorsement was a huge factor. The establishment loves chow line voters.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like the DNC fix is in for Biden.
There are lots of Democrats that do not live in multicultural urban areas, never Trumpers, and maybe even some disaffected Trump voters out there that can't be ignored. Last time the Dems went whole hog to the left, it was a disaster. You are probably too young to remember McGovern.

Reactions: skyking

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's so transparent. They must think Sanders's base consists of the dumbest people on planet earth.

(Not really, they know this plan will not work and will hand Trump re-election on a silver platter, they just don't care.)

Wait, so politicians acting strategically to gain their preferred outcome by amassing the most votes and delegates is now some sort of 'fixing' of the election? Are you guys insane? Doing that is 100% legitimate. By your logic in order for the campaign to not be 'fixed' candidates who don't think they can win would need to stay in the race in order to split the vote so that someone they don't prefer would win. Also, why is Mayor Pete and Amy K getting out of the race fixing it while them staying in the race is not?

If you want to say you don't like it because you think it hurts Sanders' chances and you want him to win that's fine but the idea that everything is a conspiracy against you guys is just descending into Trumpkin style conspiracy theories. It's crazy talk.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Quick question about this, are there any campaign developments unfavorable to Bernie Sanders that are NOT part of an establishment conspiracy against him?
It’s well established that the donor class is looking to stop the one candidate who most resembles a New Deal Democrat, and it surprises me that Democrats are going to once again rally around an uninspired centrist.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s well established that the donor class is looking to stop the one candidate who most resembles a New Deal Democrat, and it surprised me that Democrats are going to once again rally around an uninspired centrist.

So how exactly is it being 'fixed'?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Wait, so politicians acting strategically to gain their preferred outcome by amassing the most votes and delegates is now some sort of 'fixing' of the election? Are you guys insane? Doing that is 100% legitimate. By your logic in order for the campaign to not be 'fixed' candidates who don't think they can win would need to stay in the race in order to split the vote so that someone they don't prefer would win. Also, why is Mayor Pete and Amy K getting out of the race fixing it while them staying in the race is not?

Any more words you want to put in to my mouth?

If you want to say you don't like it because you think it hurts Sanders' chances and you want him to win that's fine but the idea that everything is a conspiracy against you guys is just descending into Trumpkin style conspiracy theories. It's crazy talk.

TBH, I'm not sure at this point if this will actually hurt Sanders. I know for sure that party establishment thinks it will. Warren supporters are the most credulous people on earth, so it's not surprising that they can't reasonably discuss fairly mundane matters of insider politics without shrieking about conspiracy theories.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If you guys are saying the moderates are acting strategically in order to make it more likely a moderate will win the nomination you're right! They are totally doing that! That's not 'fixing the election' though, that's 'trying to win the election'.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Any more words you want to put in to my mouth?

TBH, I'm not sure at this point if this will actually hurt Sanders. I know for sure that party establishment thinks it will. Warren supporters are the most credulous people on earth, so it's not surprising that they can't reasonably discuss fairly mundane matters of insider politics without shrieking about conspiracy theories.
Sure you weren't talking about Bernie supporters?