Kept you waiting huh ?. .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
Sadly I think those graphics would take me at least partially out of any storyline no matter how interesting if I tried to get into it for the first time now.
It's true. Even when I saw it first time on PS1, I didn't find the graphics appealing. Particularly, the color palette is super boring (like they could only use a few hundred colors max otherwise the hardware would croak or something). What got me hooked was the spy thriller movie theme of the storyline. It's like what a James Bond story would be like if he changed careers and became a mercenary. The first 30 minutes or so need patience. After that, you will be dying to find out what happens next.

Jul 27, 2020
That's because the movie writers have lost all creativity.
It's more coz the typical game costs less to make than a Hollywood movie so they are more willing to try risky/more creative storylines in games first. Hollywood studios would rather churn out predictable and likable formulaic movies than take a risk on original ideas.

Reactions: Charmonium

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
K?

200.gif

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
lol, interesting...

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i've been waiting for this thread since the age of the dinosaurs

wait there WERENT any dinosaurs 40 million years ago... this song is a lie

Reactions: nakedfrog
Jul 27, 2020
Maybe it's me but I'd say she looks nothing like Calista Flockhart?
I can't explain it but if you focus only on the eyes and nose and lips and her facial bone structure, she resembles Calista a lot. Plus, the way she's staring, Calista did that a lot in Ally Mcbeal.

By the way, how many of you had an image of an ostrich pop up in your head any time you saw this expression on her face:

1663960497431.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Charmonium
Jul 27, 2020

I have a new-found respect for the Japanese engine programmer for MGS2:

“But I really like how the Metal Gear Solid engine works inside,” Larin continues. “Its internal design is very close to the design of an operating system. I believe that it was developed by good programmers. Despite all the difficulties, I enjoyed working on it.”

I mean, seriously???

MGS2 lead engine tech interview:

What experience do you have?
I wrote a little OS for my thesis.
Can you do a 3D game engine on the PS2?
I can try.
You are hired!