Kanye West is not well

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just remember, Musk just welcomed back this good friend of his. Musk literally is friends with Nazis.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Just remember, Musk just welcomed back this good friend of his. Musk literally is friends with Nazis.

Kanye was posting on Twitter every 3-4 minutes for the past hour.

One of the posts was a Star of David with a swastika inside of it. Not to long after was a screen cap of a text from Musk saying Kayne had gone to far then his last tweet was one trolling/bodying shaming Musk.

Kanye is off the rails again. It’s a really common occurrence now.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
House Republicans finally delete pro Kanye tweet after he says "I like Hitler". It only took 55 days and Kanye saying "I love the nazi's" for the GOP to draw the line.

West may appear to be bipolar, but that does not cause his toxic opinions. Those arise from his personality traits, which are NOT mental illnesses and can’t be fixed by medications. he’s actually quite consistent in his adoption of anti-Semitic ideas and promotion of Nazism. The people around him (who are dependent upon his wealth) are unwilling to call him out on it. His mental disorder may amplify his attitudes, but it doesn’t create them.

Like Trump, he is a person with horrible ideas and compulsive or pathological behavior who is enabled by the people around him to their own benefit and without any real check on his behavior. Like both of them, they could choose to seek help and have empathy for the people they are victimizing, either directly or by extension of their influence, and they absolutely do not because they are shielded from any real consequences for their actions.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
House Republicans finally delete pro Kanye tweet after he says "I like Hitler". It only took 55 days and Kanye saying "I love the nazi's" for the GOP to draw the line.

West may appear to be bipolar, but that does not cause his toxic opinions. Those arise from his personality traits, which are NOT mental illnesses and can’t be fixed by medications. he’s actually quite consistent in his adoption of anti-Semitic ideas and promotion of Nazism. The people around him (who are dependent upon his wealth) are unwilling to call him out on it. His mental disorder may amplify his attitudes, but it doesn’t create them.

Like Trump, he is a person with horrible ideas and compulsive or pathological behavior who is enabled by the people around him to their own benefit and without any real check on his behavior. Like both of them, they could choose to seek help and have empathy for the people they are victimizing, either directly or by extension of their influence, and they absolutely do not because they are shielded from any real consequences for their actions.

But he was Elon's good friend the other week? So sad.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Spot on. His mental disorder only creates his delusion that he can somehow get away with making his vile opinions public. All it does is remove the filter. He's had these views for years.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Spot on. His mental disorder only creates his delusion that he can somehow get away with making his vile opinions public. All it does is remove the filter. He's had these views for years.

It's all a side-issue, but I'm not convinced that's true. I suspect there's an interaction between the 'filter' and the views. If you filter your views constantly and for long-enough, it's likely to ameliorate them. An absence of such a filter and an inability to acknowledge or think about the pushback you get for them is probably going to make them more extreme over time.

I don't care about "Ye", mind, he's just an illustration of the extent that Musk hasn't a clue what he's doing, which in turn is an illustration of how getting rich in this system is no proof of competence or smarts, contrary to what the propaganda constantly tells us.

Only saying because it's something that has come up more than once with people I've known with mental health (or neurological) conditions - the dilemma of how their bad behaviour or views relates to their condition.

Reactions: Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Kanye was posting on Twitter every 3-4 minutes for the past hour.

One of the posts was a Star of David with a swastika inside of it. Not to long after was a screen cap of a text from Musk saying Kayne had gone to far then his last tweet was one trolling/bodying shaming Musk.

Kanye is off the rails again. It’s a really common occurrence now.
Aaaaaah hahahahahahabahaha

Congratulations on your Ye purchase Mr Musk, hope you enjoy.

DONT YOU FUCKING DARE MUZZLE HIS FREE SPEECH EITHER DUMDUM.

HaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahaHA

WELCOME BACK MY FRIEND

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAhahahahhahaahhaahhaAhhahahahaha

I still firmly believe Rogan socially engineered all this bullshit… goddamn good laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
took a bit longer than I thought it would but not unexpected, banned again.

the next question is will musk reinstate West and after how long if he does.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wonder what that does to the ill mind sporting paranoid delusions, when they actual come true in terms of people seem out to get you - just not for the reasons you think... That has got to be some kind of gasoline on the actual illness.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

WOMP WOMP /sadtrombone

That's what he gets, fuckin' chump. I wouldn't want him in my country either if he weren't already here.
But he still gets entry to the home of the Republican Party's leader. Right alongside racists.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Wonder what that does to the ill mind sporting paranoid delusions, when they actual come true in terms of people seem out to get you - just not for the reasons you think... That has got to be some kind of gasoline on the actual illness.
Self-fulfilling confirmation bias, eh? Yeah that's crossed my mind as well...it'd help explain how people can spiral and progress so rapidly into lunacy in some cases.

Reactions: cytg111

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Reactions: dank69

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But it is insane that they'd produce so many instead of smaller batches first

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
They should sell them off at ten bucks a pair, that would pretty much kill the Yeezy brand.

Weird stuff happens sometimes:
According to StockX, a leading sneaker resale platform, Yeezy sneaker prices have increased due to tighter supply, but the demand has actually decreased.