Kanye West is not well

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They forcibly sterilized most of their limited black population. So I guess you could say it's a good thing for him his grandparents didn't live there, or he wouldn't exist.
People who face racial discrimination, who are exposed to the experience of being told they are worthless because of whatever accident of birth they happen to fit into that is put down by others to deal with their own inferiority problems will, on occasions, adopt the Stockholm Syndrome condition in order to curry some sort of special favor. I think among Blacks it's called the Uncle Thomas effect, West and Thomas. There are also Jews like Stephen Miller. I see these types as among the sickest of the sick. But they are a product, of racism. I don't think they were born that way. People will do anything to recover from being made to feel worthless, in my opinion. I see the condemnation of the other as the inevitable result of being made to feel being worthless for belonging to this or that identifiable group.

But we create what we fear because being a racist is an identifiable group and if the shoe fits you are considered worthless by people who having been exposed to bigots learn to hate them for the contempt that manifest. They aim to make everyone around them feel as worthless as they do.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Two black radio hosts have acquired the trademark "white lives matter" in order to kill it. Will sue anyone who tries to use it. Including "Ye" if he ever wants to sell t-shirts.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Two black radio hosts have acquired the trademark "white lives matter" in order to kill it. Will sue anyone who tries to use it. Including "Ye" if he ever wants to sell t-shirts.

Unfortunately trademark law doesn't work like that. You have to actually use it to maintain ownership.

Also the fact that they filed the same day he was seen already using it will likely exempt him as a prior user.

It's a nice idea, but probably not worth the application fee they paid.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Unfortunately trademark law doesn't work like that. You have to actually use it to maintain ownership.

Also the fact that they filed the same day he was seen already using it will likely exempt him as a prior user.

Been a long while since I looked at trademark law, but you have to actually use or have a bonifide intent to use the mark or you can't get it registered. Yet they say they have it registered. Meaning there must be more to that story I linked.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Been a long while since I looked at trademark law, but you have to actually use or have a bonifide intent to use the mark or you can't get it registered. Yet they say they have it registered. Meaning there must be more to that story I linked.

The simplest explanation would seem to be they lied when they applied for it. The statements in the article basically confirm there was never an intent to actually use the mark.

Which, I’m pretty sure wouldn’t just invalidate the trademark, but probably carry additional liability for false statements.

I find it interesting there was no mention of the author checking with an IP attorney of any sort to verify the claims. It would seem due diligence would have been to ask if you could simply register a phrase to keep others from using it….

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I would have thought if it were possible to do that, some right-wingers would already have tried it with regard to Black Lives Matter. (Or perhaps the Bureau of Land Management would have done something similar during Trump's time?)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The simplest explanation would seem to be they lied when they applied for it. The statements in the article basically confirm there was never an intent to actually use the mark.

Which, I’m pretty sure wouldn’t just invalidate the trademark, but probably carry additional liability for false statements.

I find it interesting there was no mention of the author checking with an IP attorney of any sort to verify the claims. It would seem due diligence would have been to ask if you could simply register a phrase to keep others from using it….

They say that this trademark was originally registered by an individual in Arizona, who just assigned it to their LLC. So technically, I guess it would have been the original owner who lied.

But there's something odd about this. They say they have a trademark lawyer who stands ready to sue anyone who uses the trademark. Wouldn't such a lawyer had advised against going on talks shows and saying they just want to kill the mark? Then again, they didn't say that, exactly. They said they wanted to use it in a way to benefit "black and brown cummunities." But were extremely vague about specifics.

The entire story seems strange to me.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Well I imagine he is going to siphon votes from Trump this time around, so there is that.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Last week Trump met with Kanye and well known holocaust denier and white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mara Lago.

It boggles the mind that a single person in this country would question whether Trump and his most loyal followers are fascists,. What mainstream political figure in the US over the past 100 years has kept company with people like these?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Last week Trump met with Kanye and well known holocaust denier and white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mara Lago.

It boggles the mind that a single person in this country would question whether Trump and his most loyal followers are fascists,. What mainstream political figure in the US over the past 100 years has kept company with people like these?

to be fair, his supporters know exactly what they are and what Trump and these people are, and love them for it. They agree and support everything that fascism is, unambiguously.

They just don't like being called what they very obviously are. They are always trying to invent new words that mean the exact same thing as the well-established, perfectly fine words that offend them.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Seems it went really well:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
And to compound the lies, Kanye said he asked the orange monkey to be his running mate. Both crave the publicity. Sucks the media still gives them the airtime.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Of course ... Trump did his usual “I don’t know him” bullshit. :rolleyes:Trump knows exactly who he is. Trump's people/advisors and the secret service vet every single person he meets with. And the secret service gives him a full run down of who these people are. You don’t get to eat with a former President without going through them. And .. Of course, Trump likes Fuentes. Fuentes praises him effusively. That's the only way to Trump's good opinion.

So .... according to Trump, the guy didn’t say anything antisemitic. lol ... However, since Trump’s definition of antisemitism doesn’t actually include antisemitism, how would he know? Maybe Fuentes just let his host and do all the anti-semitin’. Can we even be sure that Trump is pondering why someone would hate cement . . . ya know, anti-cementic. lol ... Are they looking for proof that’s a little more concrete?

Fuentes likes Trump and Trump likes Fuentes, but Trump can't know him. Lol ...Now that is funny. In reality, Fuentes doesn't even rate as high as the coffee boy.

This was a carefully crafted meeting that was sure to get lots of attention. A dog whistle/wink-wink for his racist supporters. We all know he does this. This is not something new for him. He's not fooling anybody. It is a dog whistle to far right extremists that Trump will need them to fight, riot and attack insurrection style for him when he loses again. He will need everyone of them, and there still won’t be enough of them. Trump knows that he cannot win any election without the support of the far right and the racist authoritarian fascist block, so he sidles up to them to get their support. Trump only likes democracy when he is winning which is a thing of the past...So now he hates democracy because it doesn't work for him.

More proof in my mind that Trump isn't serious about running in 2024. I guess this means the ticket of Trump for President, Kanye for VP, and Sarah Palin for Secretary of State is out? Hopefully the only place he's running will be around a prison yard.

Last edited:

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
The clips form his interveiw with Alex Jones... I mean.... Even Jones pushed back... It was over the top ridiculous...

Just a snippet of it...

I tried to watch a few minutes of that "interview". After clicking past the boner and brain pill ads (twice) I was surprised by Kanye wearing a bondage mask and talking about Hitler. It could be the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed. Does anyone else see a remarkable similarity between Nick Fuentes and the marionette of the actor from Team America World Police? Just the looks, as even the marionettes had sex in that movie, and I don't think that has happened with Nick yet. I think I could pull his arms off easier than a marionette's as well - that kid is seriously underwhelming for a master race wannabe.
Now to disinfect my computer, have a shower and burn my clothes and possibly tear out my eyes and ears. I have no idea what those three are on, but that shit is bad, like salmonella injected into the brain kinda bad. That show should end with the cleaning crew just burning the place down.

Reactions: Indus

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
To out-crazy Alex Jones on his own show, that's really...something else...and in turn Musk joyfully welcomes this guy back to Twitter? Being rich seems to make people lose their minds.

Reactions: hal2kilo