Kanye West is not well

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This sums up my thoughts on him pretty well...
FgCPAUrUoAA9Hjn

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm telling you, if Adidas is not actively pursuing Pete ("The Meat") Davidson for at least a limited run sponsorship deal, they're losing out on a quick $$$ grab. There is a non-trivial audience that would absolutely eat that shit up in retail.

And I guarantee you that Pete has at least a pair of Gazelles in his wardrobe already.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

borosp1

Apr 12, 2003
Katy Waldman smartly explored the expansive similarities between the two Trump and Kanye, writing:
Both men are improvisational, controversial performers with megalomaniacal dreams and a history of rebuking the “politically correct.” Both have made inflammatory nods to white supremacy, whether by inciting Twitter’s “alt-right” or wearing (however ironically) Confederate arm patches. As Amy Zimmerman at the Daily Beast points out, both have vacillated between bankruptcy and astronomical wealth; both married conspicuously sexy wives; both complain that the press is out to get them. Furthermore, both have been criticized as egomaniacal man-children even as they relish playing the misunderstood outsider.

Reactions: Pohemi

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Reminds me of when some noobs are flying planes in battlefield.... how fast you see then nose dive and crash into the floor looking like they had absolutely no clue in what they were doing.

He really messed up hard.
I bet you Kim is like Thank god i left him, because there is no way she would even be able to sholder the blacklash that overflows.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Oh man

Oh man

The Jew thing is really coming full circle..... Adolf West.

Literally just read that and came to post.

The guy is a POS and I am sick of people blaming bipolar disorder. A lot of people have bipolar disorder and the vast majority are not fucking Nazi sociopathic people that harass ex wives on social media, or think slavery was a choice, or any of the other myriad horrible things he is all about.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
does he know if he lived in Germany in the 30s he probably would have been rounded up and put in a camp?

They forcibly sterilized most of their limited black population. So I guess you could say it's a good thing for him his grandparents didn't live there, or he wouldn't exist.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Literally just read that and came to post.

The guy is a POS and I am sick of people blaming bipolar disorder. A lot of people have bipolar disorder and the vast majority are not fucking Nazi sociopathic people that harass ex wives on social media, or think slavery was a choice, or any of the other myriad horrible things he is all about.

Well his disorder is NOT doing him any favors though.
I do pity this fool though. Soon the alt right is gonna drop him as well and then dude is gonna be all alone and broke with only his own mind to keep him company ... I see a Kurt Cobain forming.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Well his disorder is NOT doing him any favors though.
I do pity this fool though. Soon the alt right is gonna drop him as well and then dude is gonna be all alone and broke with only his own mind to keep him company ... I see a Kurt Cobain forming.
Bipolar is not like a psychosis or a personality disorder, though. For many, it is simply an up and down between deeply depressed and energetically elated.

And to be fair to Cobain...he suffered from anxiety and deep depression, but he wasn't an egomaniacal lunatic spouting conspiratorial and bigoted nonsense. Entirely different mental profiles and personalities in my unprofessional experience. Of course, you were probably just using it as a generalization for possible suicidal tendency, so no offense taken or meant.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
He's been mentally unwell for a long time. Does no one recall the "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" incident?

Reactions: Pohemi and Drach

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I LOL'd when he thought he was that important that adidas wouldn't blacklist him.

The guy is a total nut case, that he think's he's the most important person in the entire universe.
He should know how fast one wrong statement or post in social media can wreck your entire carrier, and once broken, there is no coming back.

He's living in the Regan era thinking enough money can get him out of any trouble.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I often wonder why Kanye, Caitlyn Jenner, Richard Grenell, etc continue to support the GOP and it's rapidly growing "America First" contingent.

LOL, have they not seen their policy proposals if they take power?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I often wonder why Kanye, Caitlyn Jenner, Richard Grenell, etc continue to support the GOP and it's rapidly growing "America First" contingent.

LOL, have they not seen their policy proposals if they take power?

I suspect being wealthy and white are the more important issues for them.

I mean, it's hardly unprecedented - consider the career of Roy Cohn (or, even more extreme, much of the leadership of the SA, e.g. Edmund Heines)

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Bipolar is not like a psychosis or a personality disorder, though. For many, it is simply an up and down between deeply depressed and energetically elated.

People with manic episodes of bipolar I are frequently psychotic. Episodes last as least a week and possibly many months.

• Wow

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Kanye's anti-semitism is spreading around:

Officials in the Jacksonville, Florida, area condemned multiple antisemitic messages that appeared in public spaces this weekend including a football stadium, highway overpass and downtown building.
An antisemitic message referencing rapper Kanye West was seen scrolling on the outside of TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville during the Georgia-Florida college football game on Saturday, according to video shot by a relative of Vic Micolucci, a reporter for CNN affiliate WJXT.
In the video, the words “Kanye is right about the jews” are visible scrolling across the exterior of the stadium structure, referencing recent antisemitic comments from the rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West.

In other videos circulating on social media, the same message was also visible on at least one building in Jacksonville on Saturday night.
And on Friday, banners were also visible from a highway overpass on Interstate 10 in Jacksonville, according to a tweet from a local reporter. They were also referenced in a statement by Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried.
The banners read “End Jewish Supremacy in America” and “Honk if you know it’s the Jews.”
The language in the scrolling messages in Jacksonville mirrors banners hung from a freeway overpass in Los Angeles last weekend by a group appearing to make Nazi salutes.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Kanye's anti-semitism is spreading around:

It ties back to the theocracy topic. The white supremacy just looks like it’s growing in US colleges. This weekend’s incident. The various ones in past few months of crowds heckling black athletes on the opposing team. Seeing how many younger faces at orange monkey rallies. Yeah it looks like it’s getting worse with this generation.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
We need to be invaded by aliens from outer space to stop racism and bigotry.
But then we'll probably end up being xenophobic to the aliens.

People need to realize how small the world is compared to the universe, and when it boils down, we are all the same, minus a % in the DNA makeup from one person to the next.

We also have bigger issues and agenda's needing to be addressed.
Why waste so much energy and negativity on ethnicity and religion, when the future itself is heading down a path of uncertainty?