Kanye West is not well

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
What is wrong with him? I hope he can recover.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ye on Twitter

"“death con 3 on Jewish people."

The twit.
Untitled_design__21_.png

But dont worry, Musk got this, he had a heart to heart with KanYe and set him straight.

So what is going on here...

1. Kanye "white lives matter" West is now so white that he turned full Aryan.
2. Musk is a moron. Is this how he intends to moderate Twitter in the future?

Neither of these dudes is currently plugged into reality.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The research is out there. The longer bi polar goes untreated the more rapid and severe cycles occur until a person is unable to function in society.
Hey man you're making a claim, please post one of these many sources to back up your own claim. That's how making claims works.

Good luck

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yeah, he's really...odd.

I guess this covers more-or-less the same things

This is an interesting point, though
Following his controversial statements, however, both medical experts and advocates have warned mental health struggles and bigotry are distinct problems.

“There are many people who don’t have mental health issues who are racist and bigoted. And there are people with mental health issues who are not racist or bigoted. We want to see those as two very different issues,” Carla Manly, a clinical psychologist and the author of Joy From Fear, told USA Today.

I mean, it reminds me of some other celebs who went very strange. Bobby Fischer, the chess genius, for example, became very anti-Semitic, despite himself being Jewish. Then there's David Icke, the sports-presenter not-at-all-genius - no idea what his 'issue' is, but he very suddenly turned from Alan Partridge into Lydon Larouche.

Oh, and Sinnead O'Connor went rather odd in a similar way (no anti-Semitism, to be fair).

I don't know if you can separate the bigotry and the mental health stuff as simply as that psychologist says - it's as if the bigotry is just out there in the culture but the mentally unwell are prone to pick it up and run with it. Not sure how much that's a choice they can be held morally culpable for or not.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He works in the music industry where there are lots of Jews. He probably thinks he got screwed by some Jewish person, and he of course becomes anti-semitic as a result, because people who are either idiots or mentally ill will instantly generalize from anecdotal personal experiences.

I have no sympathy for him because he's bipolar. If his disorder has gone untreated, that is his choice and his fault. He's an adult and has plenty of money for good care.

There aren't enough hours in the day or years in my life to waste any more mental energy even thinking about this prick.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Then should be easy to provide a couple of links to said research. Thx.

Well, he actually said two different things. He first said that bipolar disorder "alters and destroys the brain" if left untreated over time. I can't verify anything about that. What you responded to is his second assertion "the longer bi polar goes untreated the more rapid and severe cycles occur until a person is unable to function in society."

If you google "bipolar disorder untreated" there are a few thinks which more or less support this.

When left untreated, undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed, the symptoms of an individual living with bipolar I or II generally only worsen as time goes on. When a diagnosis is delayed or missed, the effects can result in personal, professional, and emotional problems that compound over time.

When left untreated, the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder will often increase in severity and may lead to suicide; there is a high suicide rate for people with the disorder. When treated, it’s possible to control the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder and enjoy a more stable and fulfilling life.

So he's correct in a general sense, symptoms get worse over time when untreated. But whether permanent brain damage is involved, I can't find anything on that.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The real takeaway from those clips is that Kanye genuinely believes that GOD speaks to him. Beams thoughts directly into his head.
Kanye believes he is a messenger, a prophet, of the highest authority.

Thats fucking scary man.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well, he actually said two different things. He first said that bipolar disorder "alters and destroys the brain" if left untreated over time. I can't verify anything about that. What you responded to is his second assertion "the longer bi polar goes untreated the more rapid and severe cycles occur until a person is unable to function in society."

If you google "bipolar disorder untreated" there are a few thinks which more or less support this.

So he's correct in a general sense, symptoms get worse over time when untreated. But whether permanent brain damage is involved, I can't find anything on that.
Yeah I've done a lot of reading on bipolar of which there are two types. It's really not that simple. Saying you can't function in society implies a level of dysfunction that means you should either be committed or you are living on the streets. It's really not how it works at all.

Like with any disorders there are different levels of intensity, especially between bipolar 1 and 2.

In regards to Kanye , It's really sad about Kanye because he has taken the diagnosis of bipolar and now people use him as an example for it whatever he does. When a lot of what he does has nothing to do with bipolar disorder it's just his his fucked up belief systems.

If he's having a manic phase then yes he's feeling grandiose and super hyper top of the world so that may make him more likely to say whatever is on his mind. But bipolar disorder does not put his insane beliefs into his mind. It just might be that a manic phase can make him feel it's okay to say them.

Last edited: