Kamala Harris proposes up to $6,000 credit for families

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article220239985.html

American families making less than $100,000 a year could be eligible for a monthly tax credit of up to $500, or $6,000 a year, under new legislation announced Thursday by Democratic U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris of California.​

Individuals making less than $50,000 would be eligible for up to $250 a month, $3,000 a year.​

“Americans are working harder than ever but stagnant wages mean they can’t keep up with cost of living increases,” Harris, a likely presidential candidate in 2020, said in a statement.​

Proposed tax credit that would be paid annually or monthly. Kamala is kick starting her 2020 run and is promising to shape up to be a regular Santa Claus. Eventually you run out of other people’s money, and then what?

Feb 16, 2005

American families making less than $100,000 a year could be eligible for a monthly tax credit of up to $500, or $6,000 a year, under new legislation announced Thursday by Democratic U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris of California.​

Individuals making less than $50,000 would be eligible for up to $250 a month, $3,000 a year.​

“Americans are working harder than ever but stagnant wages mean they can’t keep up with cost of living increases,” Harris, a likely presidential candidate in 2020, said in a statement.​

Proposed tax credit that would be paid annually or monthly. Kamala is kick starting her 2020 run and is promising to shape up to be a regular Santa Claus. Eventually you run out of other people’s money, and then what?
so very, very concerned.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004

Are these like the $600,000 tax credits people who make $5 million a year get or are these different? I thought giving tax cuts was good.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Are these like the $600,000 tax credits people who make $5 million a year get or are these different? I thought giving tax cuts was good.

Irresponsible government spending buying votes is irresponsible, no matter what end of the income scale it affects. Yes tax cuts are good, but only once spending has been brought under control. You won’t find a post by me supporting the tax cuts (different than a credit too btw) nor will you find a post my me supporting this. Feel free to make my arguement for me though.

Reactions: WackyDan

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Irresponsible government spending buying votes is irresponsible, no matter what end of the income scale it affects. Yes tax cuts are good, but only once spending has been brought under control. You won’t find a post by me supporting the tax cuts (different than a credit too btw) nor will you find a post my me supporting this. Feel free to make my arguement for me though.

Someone is a bit touchy tonight.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"Up to $500/mo" is the operative phrase. I'd have to know a lot more about the proposal to make any honest judgement.

It's a lot easier to give $5K per month to the top .1% so it'll all trickle down, anyway. Less paperwork. More efficiency.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Up to $500/mo" is the operative phrase. I'd have to know a lot more about the proposal to make any honest judgement.

It's a lot easier to give $5K per month to the top .1% so it'll all trickle down, anyway. Less paperwork. More efficiency.

Yeah...and more bullshit too.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Well giving lots of people (relatively small) amounts of money stimulates the economy much more than giving few people large amounts of money.

Keeping the money circulating is what keeps capitalism working.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Someone wants to give to the middle class? Que up the usual communist slander, post haste.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well giving lots of people (relatively small) amounts of money stimulates the economy much more than giving few people large amounts of money.

Let's just borrow a few trillion to make it happen, republicans should get on board, we know theyre down for some borrow/spend action.

Reactions: Engineer

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Well, yeh, but hot investor class money chasing returns does wonderful things for Wall St, at least for awhile. Until they jam the exits trying to get out.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Let's just borrow a few trillion to make it happen, republicans should get on board, we know theyre down for some borrow/spend action.
No need to borrow it. Money needs to circulate. If it doesn't the then capitalist system chokes.
So either the people with the money circulate that cash, or try to sit on it and have it redistributed forcibly.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Let’s just bleed them to death first and then worry.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, yeh, but hot investor class money chasing returns does wonderful things for Wall St, at least for awhile. Until they jam the exits trying to get out.

Don't worry, we can fix that by cutting SS and then allowing the SS money to be plowed into the open market. Trillions of dollars flowing into Wall Street........utopia!

As for the OP, I'm at the point of saying 'fuck it', why not? Tax the top and give to the bottom. The top certainly isn't in trickle down mode.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Don't worry, we can fix that by cutting SS and then allowing the SS money to be plowed into the open market. Trillions of dollars flowing into Wall Street........utopia!

As for the OP, I'm at the point of saying 'fuck it', why not? Tax the top and give to the bottom. The top certainly isn't in trickle down mode.

I didn't notice Rich people having a lot of trouble being rich back in 1980, when the 1% share of national income was 9% instead of 20% & their tax rates were considerably higher.

Vote GOP. Because Freedumb! They'll lie right to your face about what's happened to the middle class & how it got this way.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
LOL I don't know who this woman is in the OP but I am going to bet $1 (I never bet) that she is black based on the person who posted it...

Please tell me later if I was right...

EDIT: Had to google, only half right or is i 1/32nd right.... can't be sure these days....

She's the first black woman California has ever sent to the Senate and the first Indian American to ever serve in the body.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Never saw you starting a thread about the GOP tax cuts either. Did notice you quoting the old "other people's money" standby of the right. If what you're interested in is fiscal conservation, I have no idea why you would ever vote for any republican. Just look back at deficits Reagan to the present. The GOP has screwed that pooch going on 40 years now, but this is what makes you want to start a thread?