Just want to say that I hate China.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
you would be wise to wait until you have left china before you start spreading american lies and propaganda about china on the internet. seriously though, delete this thread before they find it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sure, not a lot of regular folks can, but there are a lot of rich people in China. Even if percentage wise there are a lot less than the U.S., there is a huge population of people that can afford to send their kids to school overseas.

Well, take into consideration that the "official salary" of the head of the communist party--president of China--is roughly US $30,000.00.

The sum total of China's problems can be attributed to single party government.

hib1

Nov 30, 2012
I am a Chinese, and live in the States. read this post and don't know what to say. I travel extensively to Mexico. My stuff got stolen on the recent trip, and no one response to my help, either turn their head away, walk away or pretend not understand my Spanish. But still I love to travel there.

I tried to convince my friends, family, coworker that Mexico has its beauty, not only the drug war, killing, corruption, pocket picking, food poison. But I am not that successful. People have that feeling toward Mexico and feel the people live there are miserable.

I met an anthropologist who travel aboard frequently. She said she is an observer. Since my conversation with her, my ultimate goal as a traveler is to be an observer.

I travel extensively in the States and Mexico, particularly I like the landscape and Native American culture, but ironically I rarely travel in China. I read book the other day from library, I was fascinated by these places in China, which I heard but never visit. If what you experience in China make you uncomfortable, maybe that destination doesn't match your preference. I've been to NYC 6 or 7 times, and only my 3rd trip (and beyond) allow me to appreciate the heartbeat of the city, and falling love with it.

I always appreciates OP's opinion because that's your true feeling. I met about 8-10 folks on the road who said they have been to China. It seems like they might hold something back and only tell me their good experience and try to be polite.

Some behavior of Chinese resident/traveler is noticeable, such as spitting, speaking loud, and cut the line... some has been improved over the time, some remain intact. in the place I stayed, when you walk out of building, you hold the door for people walk behind, who will say Thank you. In NYC, I hold the door, people simply pass through. Should I say Newyorker is rude -- No, I can't reach that conclusion. It's just the way it is. I will not hold the door in NYC, but in other place I will. You just have to adapt to the degree which make yourself comfortable.

The anthropologist show me a quarter coin, and asked what I see? I said I saw "George Washington's head and In god we trust". She said, No, that's not what she saw. She saw an eagle with outstretched wings. She taught me a simple principle that there are two perspective view out of a single coin, and how can you judge a much more complicated society and culture from a single point of view?

Be an observer wherever you be, and try to see thing from another perspective.

sabahm

Dec 7, 2012
VPN does slow down internet connection but it has proven that through VPN you can access all the website that you wishes to irrespective of the restriction in 'xyz' country. China is a good place to live in and i am sure your concerns are not merely correct (completely). By the way, it was long enough about CHINA :D

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I am a Chinese, and live in the States. read this post and don't know what to say. I travel extensively to Mexico. My stuff got stolen on the recent trip, and no one response to my help, either turn their head away, walk away or pretend not understand my Spanish. But still I love to travel there.

I tried to convince my friends, family, coworker that Mexico has its beauty, not only the drug war, killing, corruption, pocket picking, food poison. But I am not that successful. People have that feeling toward Mexico and feel the people live there are miserable.

I met an anthropologist who travel aboard frequently. She said she is an observer. Since my conversation with her, my ultimate goal as a traveler is to be an observer.

I travel extensively in the States and Mexico, particularly I like the landscape and Native American culture, but ironically I rarely travel in China. I read book the other day from library, I was fascinated by these places in China, which I heard but never visit. If what you experience in China make you uncomfortable, maybe that destination doesn't match your preference. I've been to NYC 6 or 7 times, and only my 3rd trip (and beyond) allow me to appreciate the heartbeat of the city, and falling love with it.

I always appreciates OP's opinion because that's your true feeling. I met about 8-10 folks on the road who said they have been to China. It seems like they might hold something back and only tell me their good experience and try to be polite.

Some behavior of Chinese resident/traveler is noticeable, such as spitting, speaking loud, and cut the line... some has been improved over the time, some remain intact. in the place I stayed, when you walk out of building, you hold the door for people walk behind, who will say Thank you. In NYC, I hold the door, people simply pass through. Should I say Newyorker is rude -- No, I can't reach that conclusion. It's just the way it is. I will not hold the door in NYC, but in other place I will. You just have to adapt to the degree which make yourself comfortable.

The anthropologist show me a quarter coin, and asked what I see? I said I saw "George Washington's head and In god we trust". She said, No, that's not what she saw. She saw an eagle with outstretched wings. She taught me a simple principle that there are two perspective view out of a single coin, and how can you judge a much more complicated society and culture from a single point of view?

Be an observer wherever you be, and try to see thing from another perspective.

Very thoughtful and well written first post!
Welcome to ATOT. :)

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Well, take into consideration that the "official salary" of the head of the communist party--president of China--is roughly US $30,000.00.

The sum total of China's problems can be attributed to single party government.

~$187.000 per US citizen?

Is it fault of China's communist party too?

Good idea: I do lay on the couch and spit to the ceiling, and all to blame - China....
We - americans - are OK...China - no good....

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
VPN does slow down internet connection but it has proven that through VPN you can access all the website that you wishes to irrespective of the restriction in 'xyz' country. China is a good place to live in and i am sure your concerns are not merely correct (completely). By the way, it was long enough about CHINA :D

even VPN is being blocked in china.link

there is this thing called "deep packet inspection." so they know what website you try to visit.

if it is not blocked, the speed is down to crawl like 15kb/s. i was using hamachi.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
even VPN is being blocked in china.link

there is this thing called "deep packet inspection." so they know what website you try to visit.

if it is not blocked, the speed is down to crawl like 15kb/s. i was using hamachi.

VPN is impervious to deep packet inspection. Especially an SSL'd VPN

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
I lived in Seoul from '07-'10 and many days it seemed like a bad dream with the crowds, pushing and shoving, spitting, drunk old men in public, prostitutes at night, pollution, and insane drivers (running red lights and crosswalks and driving on sidewalks). NYC is quite tame in comparison. Yet now that I've been living back in the States for several years in a small city in the South, I kind of miss the action. If people in Seoul generally act like wild animals, most people around here seem slow and semi-retarded in comparison. I think once you live in another country for a while, some of the reverse culture shock never leaves you.