Just Sayin No To Obama/Biden, One Cupcake At A Time

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Haha, spin away, no one you need to convince is buying. The only solace I think you could have right now is that, while your spin is mildly entertaining, you haven't come close to the level of a Moonie or JK poster. Then again, with the way all the Dem's jumped onto this blunder to spin it, maybe all added up, you guys do equal those. So see? You guys did actually accomplish something. Oh wait, you didn't accomplish it...someone else did. Oh, shoot, wait...it's not the it, it is something else. Hahahahaha too funny.... :D

Nov 30, 2006
In context, it was a very stupid thing to say. Obama's incredibly articulate and could have found about a million other ways to make his point without making a back-handed dig at the business community. He deserves a lot of the grief he's getting imo.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
In context, it was a very stupid thing to say. Obama's incredibly articulate and could have found about a million other ways to make his point without making a back-handed dig at the business community. He deserves a lot of the grief he's getting imo.

I agree.

Doesn't make it any less despicable to portray his comments dishonestly, though.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Right, I'm portrying them dishonestly by directly quoting them, the words he said and meant. Just because he meant the rest of the stuff doesn't diminish his additional words quoted by me. Again, I know you Dem's must spin this, but, again, no one is buying it that's not already on your side. Good effort though, you all get an A or strong B+ on that. :thumbsup:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Right, I'm portrying them dishonestly by directly quoting them, the words he said and meant.

Yes, you're portraying his words dishonestly by quoting them out of context so they appear to mean something other than what he meant.

Just as it would be dishonest for me to say Romney "likes to fire people" without including the part where he said "that provide me with services".

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

No, he really doesn't because Romney said the same thing and everyone knows what they both said to be the absolute truth. The problem is people are reactionist morons who refuse to do any research and instead rely on being spoon-fed information by drug addicts like Rush Limbaugh.

Awesome world we live in.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Context does matter, which is why it is frustrating how often the news outlets (all of them) purposefully take things out of context. That is why videos are important, full length ones, though they make it hard to find the specific section where something is said.

I refuse to sit through 42 minutes of Obama droning on and on about partisan topics in his campaign speeches.

Nov 30, 2006
No, he really doesn't because Romney said the same thing and everyone knows what they both said to be the absolute truth. The problem is people are reactionist morons who refuse to do any research and instead rely on being spoon-fed information by drug addicts like Rush Limbaugh.

Awesome world we live in.
No, the problem is that partisan hacks are incredibly biased and highly irrational....the door swings both ways sir.

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
That would be fascinating if ever such a claim was actually made.

Oh well, the Dems are going to obliterate the Romney/Ryan ticket by claiming they're going to dismantle Medicare and toss old people in a ditch to die.

Keep spinning. It was clear as day what he said.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Yes, you're portraying his words dishonestly by quoting them out of context so they appear to mean something other than what he meant.

Just as it would be dishonest for me to say Romney "likes to fire people" without including the part where he said "that provide me with services".

What other context in post 66 is needed for what I'm quoting? In the paragraph before my quote, he's made his case for everyone embracing the kumbayah of people throwing in and wanting more and more societal dependence, thereby subvertively allowing more and more Gov (and consequently someone paying for it...and someone is obviously who he's talking to/about).

Now he goes into my quote. He's clearly referencing business owners, and clearly telling them, 'you didn't build that'. There is no rational debate on this. That is, debate between anyone not a Dem needing to spin it in any way possible to correct for the horrible comment that never needed to be made.

Obama then corrects, either by design or Oh Shit!, and goes back into the mantra of 'More shit "from" society, more Gov!'.

Two rocks can understand this, why can't you? And the answer is, because you're spinning for your side. You keep repeating dishonest, 'out of context', blah blah like you saying it means something. Hint: It doesn't. It's not convincing anyone who listened or read that exchange Obama didn't mean exactly what he actually said. There are two things it is doing: 1.) Getting your spin more and more embedded in the Dem brain so as to consider it undebatable and all out truth (BDS syndrome unleashed, again) and 2.) Convincing anyone on the fence between Obama and Romney that Dem's are just as F'ing crazy as the crazy Rep's.

Congrats...Mission Accomplished. :thumbsup:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
No, the problem is that partisan hacks are incredibly biased and highly irrational....the door swings both ways sir.

I'm not partisan dude. I decry both sides on a regular basis here. Just because you read a couple of my posts doesn't mean you get to pigeon hole me along with these idiots.

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not partisan dude. I decry both sides on a regular basis here. Just because you read a couple of my posts doesn't mean you get to pigeon hole me along with these idiots.
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's usually a duck. You are what you post sir.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Exactly. Taking what I quoted and applying that context to other context Obama was talking about is totally inappropriate. See, at least one Dem agrees, I guess we're making progress....

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Waiit, there are still tards that think Obama was talking about businesses in that line?

Lol, that's cute. Thankfully no one intelligent takes them seriously.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Ahhh...the two posts above this reflect the dizzyness of the spin. Maybe we could hook up some magnets to you, truly green energy could result! :thumbsup:

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Obviously, because I'm not a rock.

At least now your posts make more sense.

Lol, rock is too kind. This is a guy that would argue the word oxymoron refers to retarded bovines.

Oops, I used "that" instead of "who". I clearly must be a collectivist.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Would that be this guy, or, another guy that's not this guy, but still this guy? It's hard to know when you're doing a parody post of a mental retard, or doing your typical zero intelligence post. We've wasted time on this before with you going one of those two routes on your 'People need training to pick up garbage' post, so I'd like to just figure out which direction you've gone this time to end any confusion. Thanks.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
We moved into 'tard territory when Obama said that, then further moved into it when Dem's actually attempted to spin it. It's not me who took us there...

We moved into tard territory when people like you showed up. You accuse others of using spin when they quote the actual speech you admittedly aren't intelligent enough to understand.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Er, yes, "well" played...lulz...<spin spin spin, look, lightening bolts from my clothes!>
Keep babbling, you are quite entertaining. You're also providing another textbook example of wingnut debate style. :thumbsup:

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Would that be this guy, or, another guy that's not this guy, but still this guy? It's hard to know when you're doing a parody post of a mental retard, or doing your typical zero intelligence post. We've wasted time on this before with you going one of those two routes on your 'People need training to pick up garbage' post, so I'd like to just figure out which direction you've gone this time to end any confusion. Thanks.

You're stupid, as in dumb.

Clear yet? Rofl