Just saw the new spiderman - god it was awful

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
It's quite funny that, Marvel Studios (film) cannot acquire the rights to produce a motion picture of a comic book property that it's parent, Marvel Entertainment, prints.

Damn you Sony. Give it up already.
We could probably have a decent re-reboot in the hands of Marvel.

You mean Disney as they actually own it now.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
For a movie trying to recreate the awesome success of the first Spiderman with Toby MacGuire, I thought it did a pretty good job. That first Spiderman is really a tough act to follow and this movie did a decent job. I liked the actors in this one overall actually a little better to be honest.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I agree the Prestige is a very good film. I came away more impressed with Inception but that was mainly for the visuals.

Just comparing the stories it's hard for me to choose a favorite because I think both stories have interesting puzzles.

Naww. Inception was lame. I've had more freaky dreams than that overrated dream machine

The best part of that movie was the episode of South Park they made based on it.

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
I wish Hollywood would get a hard on for something other than comic book and superhero movies. It's getting really old. 15 a year I'm pretty sure is the clip they're running at right now. I've never read a comic book in my life - I read actual books.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I wish Hollywood would get a hard on for something other than comic book and superhero movies. It's getting really old. 15 a year I'm pretty sure is the clip they're running at right now. I've never read a comic book in my life - I read actual books.

Lets just ignore all the book adaptations that Hollywood does. By the way, you're missing out. Im not a big comic book reader but the few that I've read were amazing.