just recieved my Alienware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Alienware did one thing good - use of Antec SX1030/1040 case.. other than that, it's just as easy to throw together a PC like theirs for less money using the same case so it essentially looks the same. Maybe you can even order the little Alien logo and put it on your case, then it'd be almost complete... Alienware builds good systems but it all comes at a cost, they are too expensive. Nice system you have there though!

MisterNi

Aug 2, 2001

<< And your point is?? >>

My point is (I can't believe you can't figure this out yourself) it's not your money so why do you even care if he spent $4k on it? If he's happy with it, then fine no reason to call people names.

TunaBoo

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001

<<

My point is (I can't believe you can't figure this out yourself) it's not your money so why do you even care if he spent $4k on it? If he's happy with it, then fine no reason to call people names.
>>

Come back and talk to me in a few thousand posts...

P.S. They sell the alien logo at directron for like $3 I think. Its a standard case badge, I don't believe Alienware designed it.

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001

<< Come back and talk to me in a few thousand posts... >>

dude having posts doesnt make your smarter

actually to me it seems it made u dumb

btw

he didnt want to build his own cause he wanted to have a warrenty (he doesnt know much about computers. his dad does but hes always busy and doesnt have time to fix it). He would of biult his own if he had time but they dont.

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000

<<

<<

>>

Come back and talk to me in a few thousand posts... P.S. They sell the alien logo at directron for like $3 I think. Its a standard case badge, I don't believe Alienware designed it.
>>

jeez tuna, you are always being pessimistic on everything. are you against alienware too? no point insulting him. calling him a yuppie. i might as well say i dont like your website and it sucks. go hire a professional webdesigner.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Boy the jealousy some of you have just because he could afford a computer like that makes you look incredibly small.

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000

<< Boy the jealousy some of you have just because he could afford a computer like that makes you look incredibly small. >>

never thought about it as jealousy. but i guess so!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Congrats PeterJun21.

One question though, why did you get one scsi and one IDE? Is the IDe strictly for storage?

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<<

<< Boy the jealousy some of you have just because he could afford a computer like that makes you look incredibly small. >>

>>

Oh its jealousy. lol

TunaBoo

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001

<< i might as well say i dont like your website and it sucks. go hire a professional webdesigner. >>

My site does suck. I agree :)

I be working on the redesign :) I take critism when it's due.

I dont like companies that RAPE people. Microsoft tries to RAPE people. ALIENWARE has a neat idea, but they try to RAPE people, which I find offensive. Maybe thats why I am a sucky buisnessman, but I don't RAPE people.

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001

<< One question though, why did you get one scsi and one IDE? Is the IDe strickly for storage? >>

i believe i can answere this no i dont work for him haha just hes not online atm and well i was the one that helped him configure the computer (i tried talking him into building his own but..)

yes mainly for storage. he deals with multimedia alot (video editing ETC)

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000

<<

<<

>>

Oh its jealousy. lol
>>

yeah, it just looks so dang cool. way cooler than mine. im going to go buy that alien sticker. then im only half - coool

TunaBoo

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001

I hope this isn't directed at me...

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<<

<<

<<

>>

Oh its jealousy. lol
>>

yeah, it just looks so dang cool. way cooler than mine. im going to go buy that alien sticker. then im only half - coool
>>

HAHAHA Your more than halway there, your in TEXAS :D

Cheak my specs.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<<

I hope this isn't directed at me...
>>

Oh its directed at you. And others like you.

LOL yuppie. Thats rich. I know yuppies with PII300s.

MisterNi

Aug 2, 2001

<< I dont like companies that RAPE people. Microsoft tries to RAPE people. ALIENWARE has a neat idea, but they try to RAPE people, which I find offensive. Maybe thats why I am a sucky buisnessman, but I don't RAPE people. >>

TunaBoo, take an intro to economics class, then you'll see why some companies "rape" the consumer. Maybe you prefer a communist society where the government sets the price?

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000

<<

<< I dont like companies that RAPE people. Microsoft tries to RAPE people. ALIENWARE has a neat idea, but they try to RAPE people, which I find offensive. Maybe thats why I am a sucky buisnessman, but I don't RAPE people. >>

TunaBoo, take an intro to economics class, then you'll see why some companies "rape" the consumer. Maybe you prefer a communist society where the government sets the price?
>>

you wont make money if you dont rape. if bill gates gave you his position, would you rape? i would. anyways, he has 50billion and you have nothing. he raped and enjoyed it. you didnt. economics.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Don't forget a company is there to provide a service. In the case of Alienware they make PCs specifically for performance and a premium is expected. Nothing wrong with buying a system from Alienware.

Windogg

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Nice rig.... I like the cases...

THE ONLY thing i disagree with is the Video Card choice... but hey... I am a gamer... and computers dont realll revolve around games! :p

<< He is obviously a rich yuppie with wealthy parents. >>

I know alot of rich people with p133...:p

plus... i would be pretty geeked if i had a 22inch monitor... wouldn't You?

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
are you a kid?

did ur parents buy it for you?

its a kickin system, but if your parents bought it for you, give me your phone number and some general info cuz im getting adopted

Mors

Sep 12, 2001

When did making money become bad? No one is forced to by a computer from Alienware. There are hundreds of computer companies who sell rigs for more or less then Alienware so IF YOU WANT to buy a computer from them your not getting raped.

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
what may I ask could this computer be used for by a kid and not with gaming, and with no 3d design video card?

you could do sum mean webdesign on that thing......

lol

Imagine the 1.4 AJHAR (whatever the good one is) in an epox kt7 with 512mb DDR, watercooled to a silent 1.7ghz, with a geforce3 and 2 60gig maxtor 7200rpm HDDS in raid-0. HAAHHHAHA, thats like....2 grand MAX!!!!! maybe 2500 with his monitor. plus you could game like a madman and it would kick the living piss outta the p4 any day of the week.

IMAGINE THE DUAL PALOMINO 1.2 SYSTEM!!!

AHAHAHHAHAA

wow, what a difference 4 grand of your parents money and 700 of your own makes in choosing a computer.....

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< what may I ask could this computer be used for by a kid and not with gaming, and with no 3d design video card?

you could do sum mean webdesign on that thing......

lol

Imagine the 1.4 AJHAR (whatever the good one is) in an epox kt7 with 512mb DDR, watercooled to a silent 1.7ghz, with a geforce3 and 2 60gig maxtor 7200rpm HDDS in raid-0. HAAHHHAHA, thats like....2 grand MAX!!!!! maybe 2500 with his monitor. plus you could game like a madman and it would kick the living piss outta the p4 any day of the week.
>>

LOL Not even close. But nice try.