just recieved my Alienware

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001
SammyBoy

tell me if you built that computer and dont have time to fix it and it breaks down what do u do?

well also he doesnt play games

i already said that

he mostly does multimedia type stuff like edits videos etc...

he had the money

he didnt want to build it himself cause he wanted a warrenty. And so thats what he got......

volfan

May 17, 2001

<< Maybe thats why I am a sucky buisnessman, but I don't RAPE people. >>

From your site, "AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz - $143.75". Isn't this like $105 on pricewatch? Maybe you don't "RAPE", but you bend 'em over a little. You may not be a sucky businessman, but it's not smart to piss off your target audience. If you could demand a premium for your product like Microsoft and Alienware, and be successful at it, would you not charge it? ;)

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000

<<

<< Maybe thats why I am a sucky buisnessman, but I don't RAPE people. >>

From your site, "AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz - $143.75". Isn't this like $105 on pricewatch? Maybe you don't "RAPE", but you bend 'em over a little. You may not be a sucky businessman, but it's not smart to piss off your target audience. If you could demand a premium for your product like Microsoft and Alienware, and be successful at it, would you not charge it? ;)
>>

you forgot intel. =)

MisterPants

Apr 28, 2001
I am sure a 1.4 athlon oced to 1.7 has a shot at the p4 on the 8k7a, but I what kind of idiot picks IDE RAID for use with video and with that kind of money. Either use the K7 Thunder and MPs and sue the onboard SCSI or buy an 8k7a or GA7DXR with an SCSI RAID card and buy some SCSI drives.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Of course I got a sweet deal on a pre-built P4 system.

2Ghz Intel Pentium 4 S478
Intel i850 Motherboard
256MB PC800 RDRAM
40GB Maxtor 7200RPM HDD
16X Hitachi DVD-ROM
16X/10X/40X Sony CD-RW
3.5" Floppy Drive
64MB LeadTek Geforce 3
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 speakers
Casedge Mid-Tower Case
300W Power Supply
MS Internet Keyboard Pro
MS Intellimouse Explorer
Dualboot Windows XP/Windows ME

All this cost me a grand total of $0 :) :) :)

Windogg

THANK YOU INTEL!!! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!!!! :) :) :)

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
The truth is you have a VERY nice PC. As far as what you paid for it, yes, SEVERAL people here (including me) can build a better PC for less. But you said you didn't know how to build one so you paid someone to do it for you. All that costs money and if you have the money, go for it. Anyone that tries to put you down because you have that kind of money to spend is just jealous. It is as simple as that. HOWEVER, the PC looks GREAT on the outside but once you open that door...GOOD GOD! What the hell happened to the drives?! Did they forget to paint them? That just looks tacky as hell! That is like buying a desktop Sony VAIO and having mismatched beige drives. That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves about people that build these modded out PCs and don't match their drives with the case. Just gay as hell!! Anyway, keep your door close on your case and you'll be good to go. ;)

And another thing, what's up with them not going all the way and using silver rouded cables?! I use those in all my PCs and it looks oh so much better. :)

I think if I sold my PCs at Alienware prices I could charge $6000 each. :D Hmmmm....

MallowJr

Banned
Dec 20, 2000
to be frank i sold my old 900 mhz and bought 1.4 gz, 80 GB HD, 24XCDRW Plextor, 19" Trinitron (21" is too big for FPS gaming...especially at the distance I sit), 256 DDR and geforce 3...for something miniscule for what you paid!! BUT ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!!!

You've been struck by..a Smooth Criminal

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001
those cheap bastards

they gave u 4x128mb rdram intead of 2x256mb

that means if u ever want to upgrade your ram (u might never want to just saying) u have to take 256mb of ram out and add more

for what u paid they should of atleast given u 2x256mb :)

PeterJun21

Aug 22, 2001
parents bought it for me =) so money doesnt matter.
Only bad thing is that the system is sort of loud.

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001
ya cause of all the fans to keep it cool. if u need to take some out (like take one at the very bottom of the case and take out one of the ones at the top (keep the one thats blowing the hard drive tho u need it)

PeterJun21

Aug 22, 2001

<< HOWEVER, the PC looks GREAT on the outside but once you open that door...GOOD GOD! What the hell happened to the drives?! Did they forget to paint them? That just looks tacky as hell! That is like buying a desktop Sony VAIO and having mismatched beige drives. That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves about people that build these modded out PCs and don't match their drives with the case. Just gay as hell!! >>

its ok... dont cry its not gonna affect the performance =)

nortexoid

Diamond Member
May 1, 2000
stop bickering half-witted mongrels...

that case and monitor you got is sick...next monitor upgrade I do is gonna be over 19 inches of LCD baby! (so in another 2 precessional cycles)

god that looks awesome...

clean jbo on the inside..

i would've gotten a black monitor tho....whatever.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

<< its ok... dont cry its not gonna affect the performance =) >>

What's going to affect the performance is that 32MB GTS. ;) That card isn't so hot dude. You may be looking for an upgrade sooner that you think. Hey, maybe Alienware can install a GeForce 3 for you for about $700. :D

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001

<< What's going to affect the performance is that 32MB GTS. That card isn't so hot dude. You may be looking for an upgrade sooner that you think. Hey, maybe Alienware can install a GeForce 3 for you for about $700. >>

AS I SAID IN OTHER POSTS OF MINE HES GETTING A ATI ALL IN WONDER CAUSE HE WANTS THE FEATURES OF IT.. HE DOESNT PLAY GAMES EITHER.