Just had a friend pass away

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Konigin
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
People do have a tendancy to die, especially those who are weak.
Your 20,000th post and it was a disgrace. Way to go.
Glad I could offend you, makes posting here worthwhile!
You think a bit much of yourself, it's not really possible to offend me. Feel free to try, though.
Why would I try? The fact that I said that the Mofo drank himself to death meant that he wasn't long for this world seemed to bug you. Hey it's the truth so why should I mix words, to make his friend feel better? Hell he said about the same thing himself. Maybe the Dorks here who always post about getting bombed on booze will take notice, it is really easy for a weak puke to drink themselves to death!

PC Pencil Necked Geeks like you have no real purpose in the real world! You better serve Humanity by keeping your festering gobs shut!

red dawn, stop thread crapping.
Reality is a bitch isn't it?

Yeah, through your eyes.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
People do have a tendancy to die, especially those who are weak.
Your 20,000th post and it was a disgrace. Way to go.
Glad I could offend you, makes posting here worthwhile!
You think a bit much of yourself, it's not really possible to offend me. Feel free to try, though.
Why would I try? The fact that I said that the Mofo drank himself to death meant that he wasn't long for this world seemed to bug you. Hey it's the truth so why should I mix words, to make his friend feel better? Hell he said about the same thing himself. Maybe the Dorks here who always post about getting bombed on booze will take notice, it is really easy for a weak puke to drink themselves to death!

PC Pencil Necked Geeks like you have no real purpose in the real world! You better serve Humanity by keeping your festering gobs shut!
Blah, blah, blah. Stop torturing us with your verbal diarrhea, you're stinking up the place. Nobody cares what you think.

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
I almost consider myself an alcoholic, because I drink a lot, but I know when not to, and I definitely don't need it.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

*sigh*

You used to be funny, Red. Too bad your insults have degenerated to random pointless thread craps. Give it up and try something more worthwhile and appropriate for your age and mental state, like collecting rubber bands.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMaul

*sigh*

You used to be funny, Red. Too bad your insults have degenerated to random pointless thread craps. Give it up and try something more worthwhile and appropriate for your age and mental state, like collecting rubber bands.
I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just trying to be honest. That's the reality, if you can't deal with it then to fscking bad!

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000

*sigh*

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just trying to be honest. That's the reality, if you can't deal with it then to fscking bad!
Michael Jackson's not the only one that calls neverland home, apparently.
rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

*sigh*

Michael Jackson's not the only one that calls neverland home, apparently.
rolleye.gif
OK please explain to me where I am wrong?

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

*sigh*

Oh, dealing with it isn't a problem. Actually, no one here really gives a crap what you think...until you start becoming a nuisance, then they run you off - but not without a lame attempt at wit from you before you go skulking back to your pathetic, hypocritical, holier-than-thou existance.

Here's a tip: Check the local post office, I hear they have some very nice, strong rubber bands. They'd start your collection nicely.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

*sigh*

Oh, dealing with it isn't a problem. Actually, no one here really gives a crap what you think...until you start becoming a nuisance, then they run you off - but not without a lame attempt at wit from you before you go skulking back to your pathetic, hypocritical, holier-than-thou existance.

Here's a tip: Check the local post office, I hear they have some very nice, strong rubber bands. They'd start your collection nicely.
Heres another tip, don't post when on Meds, you make no sense!

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

*sigh*

1. The meds wore off hours ago, and
2. I had my 'helpers' read the posts, and they said they were "very nice."

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Sorry for your loss of a friend. My little story is in the "jail"thread.
Lost a younger bro & sis to untreated alcoholism. I put the plug in the jug 5-82.
Practicing alky will break the hearts of all close to them. They can not be rescued,
Don't even try. Its tough I know, but thats just the way it is.....

:brokenheart:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

*sigh*

1. The meds wore off hours ago, and
2. I had my 'helpers' read the posts, and they said they were "very nice."
;)

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ausm
Originally posted by: gistech1978
Originally posted by: ausm
Originally posted by: gistech1978
man im sorry
thats too bad.
its really sad to see a person heading down that path and nothing will stop them.

sadly, i see one of my friends doing the same thing, shes about 23 or 24 and drinks like a fish, just like her loser father who spent something like 7 years in prison for repeated DUI's. but yet...she cant seem to go a day sober.

Dude if you care for the person sit them down and let them know what reality is....I wish I would have down that for those 2 friends of mine that committed suicide.

I always told myself they will snap out of it...yeah right!!

Going to a suicide funeral was tough especially seeing my buddies three year old kid crying over his father's grave....I will never forget that :( It tookme a few years to mentally be able to cope with his death.

Ausm

i would if she would listen to me... but she wouldnt listen to me. she would just get all pissy. i know she would. shes one of my really good friend's fiancee, but still one of my friends. him and i have talked about it, he knows shes got a problem. she is finishing up college, shes a smart girl, so hopefully she is just sowing her wild oats or something.

i guess if she ends up in jail like her father, she might snap out of it. but i seriously doubt it. shes pretty much a full blown alcoholic at such a young age. this girl was risking being dumped off a greyhound bus in freakin nowhere arizona just so she could bring her flask with her on a bus ride.
insane.

She sounds like she definately has a problem with Alcohol abuse :(

Ausm

Been there, done that, puked on my T-shirt. I have about a 3 year span where there are serious gaps in my memory due to serious alcohol issues.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
My condolences. It's sad when people won't get help. :(

I had a teacher in school who finally woke up and smelled reality when her husband (they were both alcoholics) bled to death in their bed. He just started bleeding, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, wherever there was an opening. He died before help could even arrive.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Azraele

I had a teacher in school who finally woke up and smelled reality when her husband (they were both alcoholics) bled to death in their bed. He just started bleeding, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, wherever there was an opening. He died before help could even arrive.
WTF kind of thing is that, ebola? :Q

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Azraele

OMG what a horrible way to die :(

Ausm