Just had a friend pass away

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Fellow co-worker of mine. A really nice guy who would do anything for ya. Working with him made the time at work fly right by. I wasn't totally shocked though because he was an alcoholic. The worse part of it was he would never face that fact and went out of his way to hide that fact with everyone else at work except for me. :(

Damn I tried to help him but he refused. I just didn't understand why he did not want to help himself :(

His mother told me on the phone that the doctor said his death was due to complications from alcoholism.

His death makes it the third person I have been close to that have died due to either alcohol or drugs. The other two committed suicide.

Ausm

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Damn man that really sucks. Sometimes I drink a lot but I know when to stop, and I don't ever feel like I need it. Sucks even worse when the person is great to be around. :(

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
man im sorry
thats too bad.
its really sad to see a person heading down that path and nothing will stop them.

sadly, i see one of my friends doing the same thing, shes about 23 or 24 and drinks like a fish, just like her loser father who spent something like 7 years in prison for repeated DUI's. but yet...she cant seem to go a day sober.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: gistech1978
man im sorry
thats too bad.
its really sad to see a person heading down that path and nothing will stop them.

sadly, i see one of my friends doing the same thing, shes about 23 or 24 and drinks like a fish, just like her loser father who spent something like 7 years in prison for repeated DUI's. but yet...she cant seem to go a day sober.

Dude if you care for the person sit them down and let them know what reality is....I wish I would have down that for those 2 friends of mine that committed suicide.

I always told myself they will snap out of it...yeah right!!

Going to a suicide funeral was tough especially seeing my buddies three year old kid crying over his father's grave....I will never forget that :( It tookme a few years to mentally be able to cope with his death.

Ausm

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Was he successful in hiding his alcoholism? I really can't see how these people can, you can smell their breath, and if they're really alcoholics, it even exudes through their skin.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You have my deepest sympathies. I've had 2 half-brothers die due to drug complications, so I know how it feels.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: ausm
man im sorry
thats too bad.

Dude if you care for the person sit them down and let them know what reality is....I wish I would have down that for those 2 friends of mine that committed suicide.

Going to a suicide funeral was tough especially seeing my buddies three year old kid crying over his father's grave....I will never forget that :( It tookme a few years to mentally be able to cope with his death.

Ausm

i would if she would listen to me... but she wouldnt listen to me. she would just get all pissy. i know she would. shes one of my really good friend's fiancee, but still one of my friends. him and i have talked about it, he knows shes got a problem. she is finishing up college, shes a smart girl, so hopefully she is just sowing her wild oats or something.

i guess if she ends up in jail like her father, she might snap out of it. but i seriously doubt it. shes pretty much a full blown alcoholic at such a young age. this girl was risking being dumped off a greyhound bus in freakin nowhere arizona just so she could bring her flask with her on a bus ride.
insane.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
People do have a tendancy to die, especially those who are weak.
Your 20,000th post and it was a disgrace. Way to go.
Glad I could offend you, makes posting here worthwhile!

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
You think a bit much of yourself, it's not really possible to offend me. Feel free to try, though.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ausm
man im sorry
thats too bad.

Ausm

i would if she would listen to me... but she wouldnt listen to me. she would just get all pissy. i know she would. shes one of my really good friend's fiancee, but still one of my friends. him and i have talked about it, he knows shes got a problem. she is finishing up college, shes a smart girl, so hopefully she is just sowing her wild oats or something.

i guess if she ends up in jail like her father, she might snap out of it. but i seriously doubt it. shes pretty much a full blown alcoholic at such a young age. this girl was risking being dumped off a greyhound bus in freakin nowhere arizona just so she could bring her flask with her on a bus ride.
insane.

She sounds like she definately has a problem with Alcohol abuse :(

Ausm

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I wouldn't consider having an addiction being weak....I think it is a sickness and these people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol are in denial or just don't how to get help for themselves.

Ausm

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You think a bit much of yourself, it's not really possible to offend me. Feel free to try, though.
Why would I try? The fact that I said that the Mofo drank himself to death meant that he wasn't long for this world seemed to bug you. Hey it's the truth so why should I mix words, to make his friend feel better? Hell he said about the same thing himself. Maybe the Dorks here who always post about getting bombed on booze will take notice, it is really easy for a weak puke to drink themselves to death!

PC Pencil Necked Geeks like you have no real purpose in the real world! You better serve Humanity by keeping your festering gobs shut!

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Why would I try? The fact that I said that the Mofo drank himself to death meant that he wasn't long for this world seemed to bug you. Hey it's the truth so why should I mix words, to make his friend feel better? Hell he said about the same thing himself. Maybe the Dorks here who always post about getting bombed on booze will take notice, it is really easy for a weak puke to drink themselves to death!

PC Pencil Necked Geeks like you have no real purpose in the real world! You better serve Humanity by keeping your festering gobs shut!

red dawn, stop thread crapping.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Konigin

red dawn, stop thread crapping.
Reality is a bitch isn't it?