Just got back from the Trump rally/protest

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
How about the Trump fluffers pepper sprayed a bunch of people for no reason? Or are you just going to ignore that because you are a fucking idiot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdyxPqSnTJk

Hopefully someone is able to track down those people and make their fucking lives miserable. Well, more miserable then they already are, they are likely uneducated rednecks. Trump supporters are human garbage and should be treated like it.

The person who was pepper sprayed was making a lunge towards someone at the 0:02 mark, whether it's to assault someone or merely a failed attempt to grab away a sign from them and falling down in the process I can't tell. Getting pepper sprayed for that is a bit overly aggressive but so is trying to approach someone with intent to engage them physically in the first place. Don't start using physical force if you don't want to get responded to with physical force. A fucking sign isn't worth getting your ass kicked over.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Hatred
trump-says-the-truth-and-the-jew-cringes.png

Begets
55e3b5121d00006e00146463.jpeg

Hatred
20160602__sjm-sjtrump-0602-5~1.JPG

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Hatred
trump-says-the-truth-and-the-jew-cringes.png

Begets
55e3b5121d00006e00146463.jpeg

Hatred
20160602__sjm-sjtrump-0602-5~1.JPG

If Mexican illegal immigrants riot and commit violence because Trump said "Mexico isn't sending their best, they're sending people with problems" then Trump's point is being vindicated by those very people and their actions. Normal non-asshole people don't commit violence no matter what someone else says mean about them, including what Trump said. And if you support them for committing violence or excuse it away then you're a fucking asshole too.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Its because you are. The sooner you people admit that the better.

I guess this is more like it:
Vnfst4M.jpg

I dont ever recall anybody on this forum defending that terrorist act.

why did you post that picture? because i dared ask why liberals on this board supported the violence at trump rallies? and here you are making ridiculous comparisons hoping to make a edgy point?

is this what you support?

2242b8-20160603-trump-rally.jpg

or this?

trump_supporter_bloody.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
I think we're seeing something similar that happened with the Left after 9/11.

The Left became enraged after 9/11 because it's worldview was repudiated and its influence was diminished. "You're all stupid and racists" because their wooby -- their way of assuaging themselves after a diminishment of influence and power.

They began throwing venom at the rest of the country for not having the wisdom to appreciate their wisdom.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I think we're seeing something similar that happened with the Left after 9/11.

The Left became enraged after 9/11 because it's worldview was repudiated and its influence was diminished. "You're all stupid and racists" because their wooby -- their way of assuaging themselves after a diminishment of influence and power.

They began throwing venom at the rest of the country for not having the wisdom to appreciate their wisdom.
No, buddy, libuhruls are well aware of the fact that the world is a dangerous place filled with bad people. The difference of opinion is about who are the bad people.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Its because you are. The sooner you people admit that the better.

I guess this is more like it:
Vnfst4M.jpg

Using the formulation of some of the left here, they'd be justified in doing something like this after insults like Obama's "clinging to religion" and such. If Trump speaking bad words about someone can justify violently suppressing their speech then you should have been A-OK with people doing it to your side also.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Using the formulation of some of the left here, they'd be justified in doing something like this after insults like Obama's "clinging to religion" and such. If Trump speaking bad words about someone can justify violently suppressing their speech then you should have been A-OK with people doing it to your side also.

This isn't about justification. The protesters are completely wrong in any and all of their violent actions. Every person here agreed on that a long time ago.
It's about how Trump has given newfound legitimacy to the undercurrent of irrational fear and hatred that has been permeating our country for far too long. And now that it's reaching a fever pitch, you're surprised that it's becoming violent? Really?

Nov 25, 2013
im still confused on what point it is you are trying to make. care to explain? or are you just trolling yet again?

No, I understand that life can be confusing.

But, let me ask this, which is more dangerous to the state of the country: a) a few hundred protestors throwing eggs and the odd punch at Trump supporters (and them often punching right back) or b) a bunch of guys who are promoting armed rebellion against the American govt.

If it was my country I know who I'd be more worried about.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
If anyone thinks that THIS is violent or news worthy, just wait.
Wait till president Trump meets the queen.

I don't know about "the Queen", but let potential President Trump COME TO EUROPE, France, Germany etc...

This guy would be drenched in eggs before he is down from the plane ladder. I cannot even see him visiting, say, Berlin or any other major city...without MAJOR protests. In fact I am seeing him ever visiting Europe, holding a speech etc. as did any any other president inconceivable if not entirely impossible.

As I said a few times already, you guys are getting wound up over some occasional protests of your so called "violent left", because a couple peeps throw eggs. It's hilarious. It's not even worth it using the expression "violent protests". If you want to see what an actual "violent protest" is, go come to Europe, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt when any right-wing party/politician holds an event, politicians which are not even remotely on the same level as Trump in terms of how people despise them.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
If Mexican illegal immigrants riot and commit violence because Trump said "Mexico isn't sending their best, they're sending people with problems" then Trump's point is being vindicated by those very people and their actions. Normal non-asshole people don't commit violence no matter what someone else says mean about them, including what Trump said. And if you support them for committing violence or excuse it away then you're a fucking asshole too.

1. I see both sides acting shamefully. let's not pretend this is the first violent outburst at a Trump really either. This is the cancer he is unleashing.
  2. You have no idea who those people are. You cannot just call all Latinos you see illegal immigrants. You thought there would be a lesson there this week with the judge.. It's very likely some of those people have been in California before it was a US state. The town is not called "Saint Joe" for a reason.
  3. Violence will only continue and escalate as long as it's being fed the fuel of hatred. This begins with Trump actually behaving like a leader and taking responsibility for his words and the impact they have.

There is a pretty simple solution to this, and it begins with the source, and continues with other leaders. Asking random internet ppl on a tech forum to repudiate some other random people changes nothing.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
You have no idea who those people are. You cannot just call all Latinos you see illegal immigrants. You thought there would be a lesson there this week with the judge.. It's very likely some of those people have been in California before it was a US state. The town is not called "Saint Joe" for a reason.

You're right, they might actually be legal citizens. Even if no illegals have been involved in any of the protests, that doesn't make his statements any less valid. Legal or not, those animals should be locked in cages.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
  1. I see both sides acting shamefully. let's not pretend this is the first violent outburst at a Trump really either. This is the cancer he is unleashing.
  2. You have no idea who those people are. You cannot just call all Latinos you see illegal immigrants. You thought there would be a lesson there this week with the judge.. It's very likely some of those people have been in California before it was a US state. The town is not called "Saint Joe" for a reason.
  3. Violence will only continue and escalate as long as it's being fed the fuel of hatred. This begins with Trump actually behaving like a leader and taking responsibility for his words and the impact they have.

There is a pretty simple solution to this, and it begins with the source, and continues with other leaders. Asking random internet ppl on a tech forum to repudiate some other random people changes nothing.

I don't give a shit if the illegal alien is from Mexico, England, Japan, or Zimbabwe. If you are a citizen or here legally then you are not in scope for that discussion. All I care about is that you don't break our laws; so don't overstay your visa or hire a coyote to bring you across the border, AND don't use intimidation or assault people to prevent speech you dislike. I don't need to "know who people are" to insist on those human minimum standards of behavior and nor should you . Stop making excuses for these people.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I don't give a shit if the illegal alien is from Mexico, England, Japan, or Zimbabwe. If you are a citizen or here legally then you are not in scope for that discussion. All I care about is that you don't break our laws; so don't overstay your visa or hire a coyote to bring you across the border, AND don't use intimidation or assault people to prevent speech you dislike. I don't need to "know who people are" to insist on those human minimum standards of behavior and nor should you . Stop making excuses for these people.

Why do you assume "these people" are illegal aliens?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

1. Really? Where are the protesters starting up violence outside of Clinton & Sanders rallies? There are far, far more people who oppose Trump who act violently than those who support Trump and act violently.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006