Just Cause 3 coming in 2015

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Just imagine if they released modding tools and someone created a DayZ on that engine.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
I never really got too far in JC2 singleplayer, the technology is impressive but never really got on with the open world gameplay for some odd reason.

What WAS absolutely amazing fun was the 1000 person multiplayer mod, good lord if you want to mess about in absolute mayhem then that's the game to play. It'd be cool if JC3 had this built in.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Loved JC2.

The game looks beautiful. The one big downside was the cities all looked the same. Also, you did the same thing pretty much the whole game. Drop bombs, blow up a water tower, kill the bad people, etc.

Last edited:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I hope this one you can do a dedicated server and host for just you and your friends.

Trade wars style.

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
I don't know how the hell I missed this, but like has been said, Day-1 purchase. Only question is if I'll upgrade my PC to play it, or get an Xbox One. Probably upgrade the PC, as the mods on there made it even more of a blast. That multiplayer mod is wicked!!

Too bad no multiplayer with official support :(

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Yea this game looks like a blast. Loved the first two. Tempted to preorder, but nope. No faith in pc games, will pick it up for $20 or less after beta testing is complete.

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
If I remember correctly Just Cause 2 had few serious bugs and was very well optimized. It just worked. I'm hoping and thinking the same will be the case for Just Cause 3.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I enjoyed messing around in JC2, but it got old pretty quick. The game is empty. Its just a sandbox to play around in. I can only blow stuff up for so long before it becomes not fun. Games like this are fun to test GPU's though.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Loved JC2. This is on my must buy list for sure. Just not sure when I'll actually get to it. Wife and I are still on Endless Legend and I'm still on FO4 for another 40+ hours. At my current game-rate, I'll be due to grab this for $30 or less.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
fd262c296d.jpg

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I enjoyed messing around in JC2, but it got old pretty quick. The game is empty. Its just a sandbox to play around in. I can only blow stuff up for so long before it becomes not fun. Games like this are fun to test GPU's though.

It's a very odd game looking back on it because I shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. It had a story mode, but it was incredibly shallow and the voice acting was some of the worst I've heard in a popular game like that. Yet despite all that, I spent so much time screwing around and had more fun with it than almost any other sandbox game. I don't know why, it just clicked with me. And this was mostly on the 360... I eventually got it on PC too and had even MORE fun because there were some good mods for it.

What a great game.

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
True and true. It lasted a good 2 years before I felt I was finished with it though, including some modding. That's a lot of fun. :). And I got back to it a couple of times after that. It's just so awesome in all it's simplicity.

And yes, excellent for benchmarking.

Edit: I meant, true it got old. But not quick. :)

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Barring horrible reviews which say it's nothing like the first two, I'm sure I'll pick this up. It's mindless sandbox destruction, which sometimes is all I want out of a game. :)

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
I bought the 2nd one for almost nothing, and am looking forward to 3 quite a bit. I really don't mind paying full price for something like this, I figure if I play for 50 hours or so over the course of the game, it will have been worth it.

I should point out, that I mostly drove around in JC2 and tried landing the planes on improvised runways and didn't get into the missions all that much.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007

I dunno - JC2 had one of the most fun and memorable SP missions in it of all time for me. One where you have to intercept a launching space shuttle in a jet and plant a bomb on it before it reaches orbit.

Nice video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0gIkTPUoA

Derp - in the video the player takes the easy way out and shoots the rocket down with the jet. Not nearly as fun as mounting it in flight IMO

Last edited: