Just Cause 3 coming in 2015

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Looks Just Cause 3 will be on December's issue of Game Informer, which will have quite a bit more info.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ber-cover-revealed-just-cause-3-29401230.aspx

It’s been more than four long years since Swedish developer Avalanche Studios released the outrageous open-world game Just Cause 2. Players gravitated to gunfights atop moving vehicles, the versatile parachute, and the innovative tether that could link nearly any two objects, humans, or a combination of the two. The 400-square-mile world provided the ideal backdrop for players to go nuts, with many players hitting the 100-hour mark to earn 100-percent completion or to simply goof around with the wild physics. The mod and YouTube community kept interest in the game alive for years after launch and eventually pushed sales to more than six million units.

In 2015, the beloved series returns with Just Cause 3 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We got the chance to be the first people outside of the studio to play not just 10 or 20 minutes, but several hours of the game, set in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago. The time flew by as we tried out the vastly improved parachute and grapple mechanics, terrorized the latest dictator’s well-defended bases, and soared through the sky with the all-new wingsuit. Just Cause has never played this smoothly, and as you’ll see in the cover story launching digitally today, it’s never looked this good.

I'm excited for this game. Just Cause 2 is still the most fun and memorable open-world action game I've ever played. The story was cheesy, and the voice acting was laughable, but I think that was part of the appeal.

Also, JC2 was incredibly well-optimized for an open-world title; it ran at an unfettered 60fps on mid-range gaming hardware in 2010. I'm crossing my fingers that it's the same deal this time around.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Yeah, JC2 ran very well and looked awesome to me. Was definitely a fun sandbox game. Glad to hear a new one is in the works. :thumbsup:

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Just Cause 2 was one of the best sandbox games I've played. I don't understand why developers don't follow this route of 'go literally anywhere you want', instead of invisible walls, not being able to jump, or other rat-maze inducing gameplay.

I'd even say JC is a better IP than GTA anymore. Barely got halfway through GTA 5 and was bored.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
The thing that really annoyed me about JC2 is you only got to rent the special vehicles -- they disappeared as soon as you closed the game. Not just when they were destroyed, they also were not included in your game saves.

It should be you spend $XX and then you add the vehicle to your garage. Failing that the current rental should at least be part of your save.

If JC3 fixes that I might buy it before it hits $5 on Steam.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
JC2 was an absolute blast and quickly became one of my all time favorites. So yeah, I can't wait for this!

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
Looks Just Cause 3 will be on December's issue of Game Informer, which will have quite a bit more info.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ber-cover-revealed-just-cause-3-29401230.aspx

I'm excited for this game. Just Cause 2 is still the most fun and memorable open-world action game I've ever played. The story was cheesy, and the voice acting was laughable, but I think that was part of the appeal.

Also, JC2 was incredibly well-optimized for an open-world title; it ran at an unfettered 60fps on mid-range gaming hardware in 2010. I'm crossing my fingers that it's the same deal this time around.
Yes, all of the above! And thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I hope they make more buildings/items that are destructible. Something disappointing about blowing up a gas station, but the buildings right next to hit are indestructible, or blowing up a water tank, but the building it's attached to goes unscathed.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Enjoyed JC2 but never finished it. There was a glitch where I couldn't destroy an oil well in the ocean and gave up on the game before they fixed it. Shame really. Maybe I'll check out JC3 if I can stop sniping in BF4 long enough.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
JC2 was awesome. The campaign was actually god awful... very repetitive, stupid story, and abysmal voice acting. Yet the core game mechanics were so entertaining, and the map so large, that I spent hours and hours just screwing around making my own fun.

It was such an unexpected outcome given the scripted game being so poor, that I doubt they'll be able to capture that same lightning in a bottle again. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
JC2 was awesome. The campaign was actually god awful... very repetitive, stupid story, and abysmal voice acting. Yet the core game mechanics were so entertaining, and the map so large, that I spent hours and hours just screwing around making my own fun.

It was such an unexpected outcome given the scripted game being so poor, that I doubt they'll be able to capture that same lightning in a bottle again. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I don't think they ever really wanted you to take the campaign seriously, for me it just fit into the ridiculous nature of the game.

IllogicalGlory

Mar 8, 2013
JC2 was awesome. The campaign was actually god awful... very repetitive, stupid story, and abysmal voice acting.
Just Cause 2 is an 80s action movie in video game form. The voice acting wasn't what I'd call bad, but it is aggressively and intentionally corny.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Why are they making a big deal of it not being F2P? Is that what people thought it was going to be, like I see no reason why.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Why are they making a big deal of it not being F2P? Is that what people thought it was going to be, like I see no reason why.

Something 'leaked' recently of it being f2p with micro transactions. That's clearly not the case so they are trying to clear that.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I hope they put a little more detail into the environment this time....maybe some more interesting / varied NPCs, and some buildings you can enter.

It is a fun game for sure. Go anywhere and do anything kind of fun.

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
I hope they put a little more detail into the environment this time....maybe some more interesting / varied NPCs, and some buildings you can enter.
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/justcause3.aspx
In the podcast I seem to recall it being said that entering buildings isn't a priority given the vertical/speedy nature of the gameplay; it's not very Rico-esque.
Personally I would like being able to enter buildings. Imagine wingsuiting through an open skyscraper window, grabbing an innocent bystander and dropping him off the building. Haha, solid fun! :sneaky:

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
A bunch of new screenshots here: http://www.craveonline.ca/gaming/articles/799353-check-absurd-new-screenshots-just-cause-3?slideshow=4423#/slide/1

Some previews:
just_cause_3_10.jpg

just_cause_3_15.jpg

just_cause_3_12.jpg

just_cause_3_1.jpg