Just came back from P&N

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Education level has absolutely nothing to do w/real world intelligence!

Just b/c you're 25 and in college working towards your Masters Degree in Politics does not mean you can successfully boil water w/o blowing the house up.

That piece of paper carries a lot of weight AFA your employer goes, but in a real-world conversation it doesn't mean diddly.

There are a lot of self righteous assholes there and I think you'd fit right in!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
P&N is full of a bunch of no nothing idiots who think they are intelligent.
LOL at "no nothing idiots" while putting down the intelligence of others. :p

IndieSnob

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Just b/c you're 25 and in college working towards your Masters Degree in Politics does not mean you can successfully boil water w/o blowing the house up.

That piece of paper carries a lot of weight AFA your employer goes, but in a real-world conversation it doesn't mean diddly.

There are a lot of self righteous assholes there and I think you'd fit right in!

Zinggggggggggg!
:laugh:

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Go ahead and post a thread with a title "Why can't we get along?"

The flames should toughen that lilly-white hide of yours.
:p

Another one would be "Bush Won", then run. :D

Feb 10, 2000
These kinds of threads are pretty tiresome, but not nearly as tiresome as P&N itself. That place is like a zoo full of nothing but rabid gorillas armed with bicycle chains.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jadinolf
Originally posted by: Triforceofcourage
I am scared and will never venture back into those territories again. They are crazy in there. :thumbsdown:

You had guts to even venture in their. I proud of you. :cookie::thumbsup:

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
:music:Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, eh
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust:music:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
/Engineer waves from the other side

:laugh:

P.S. I went in sometime in October and scared the hell out of me. Riproran....all I can say is wow. Wanted to hide, but decided to stay in. Some pretty good stuff in there if you can learn to avoid the flamewars, which is sometimes pretty difficult to do! ;)

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: DonVito
These kinds of threads are pretty tiresome, but not nearly as tiresome as P&N itself. That place is like a zoo full of nothing but rabid gorillas armed with bicycle chains.

ROFL!! :laugh:

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito
I think a more appropriate comparison would be a bunch of one-legged men embroiled in an ass kicking contest. A sad display yet quite humorous at times. :D

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: maddogchen
:music:Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, eh
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust:music:

now, more than ever :shocked:

It's a bad place. Take all that is wrong with the show Crossfire, throw in a bunch of mentally unstable people, put them in an internet forum and watch them go at it.

I miss this place when the worst arguments were AMD vs Intel, ATI vs Nvidia, PC vs Mac. P&N causes real hate. It's a bad, bad place.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: dwell
It's a bad place. Take all that is wrong with the show Crossfire, throw in a bunch of mentally unstable people, put them in an internet forum and watch them go at it.

I miss this place when the worst arguments were AMD vs Intel, ATI vs Nvidia, PC vs Mac. P&N causes real hate. It's a bad, bad place.

:roll: It's a place where discussions take place, same as OT. Only there, you have people discussing a different set of issues. Some would argue that those are are a bit more important than the "Should I fart in my office and blame in on my coworker?" threads here in OT.

*shrug* To each their own, as they say..

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I like P&N...
enlightening...
but you need some tough skin and you need to be well read or you look like an idiot...
as your claims will be unsupported and fall like a rock :)

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Aimster
The smart hang out at P&N. However, due to the Internet being used for communication these days their lack of communication ability has made that place look like a big war. Disagree with someone and they will insult you.

Explain to me how the smart hang out at P&N? Your post is very contradictory. P&N is full of a bunch of no nothing idiots who think they are intelligent. There is no worse character than that.

My sense of humor is not with me today .. :(

start an education thread where people in P&N post their level of education vs off-topic.

Maybe you're right. There are a lot of dumb people in there too. Recently there has been a flood of new people doing nothing but bashing everything and everyone.

MichaelD you as ALWAYS are 100% correct. I would easily say you are one of the most "REAL-WORLD" intelligent people on this board.

Originally posted by: Red Dawn

*rimshot*