Jury Nullification Works!!!! Raw milk farmer found not guilty

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Do not agree with the law? Then vote for not guilty.

Jury nullification is part of our legal system that judges and prosecutors do not like to talk about.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/09/29/raw-milk-co-op-farmer-acquitted-through-jury-nullification/

Last week a Minnesota man charged with violating the state’s restrictions on raw milk sales was acquitted in what he and his supporters called a victory for consumer freedom.

This is why I will never find anyone guilty of tax evasion, or stealing from places like walmart.

The farmer was not harming anyone with raw milk.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
What is raw milk? It's the only thing perplexing to me about this story.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010

Raw milk = not pasteurized.

While I do not agree with drinking raw milk, I do not support a government that forces people to live a certain lifestyle under threat of imprisonment.

Last edited:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
If taxpayers aren't going to be on the hook for any medical expenses due to people drinking, I don't see what the problem is in letting him sell the stuff. Caveat emptor.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
If taxpayers aren't going to be on the hook for any medical expenses due to people drinking, I don't see what the problem is in letting him sell the stuff. Caveat emptor.

If tax payers are on the hook for medical care for the poor, then being poor is a crime?

If you lose your job, go on medcaid, your wife gives birth, since the birth was paid for by public money, then you and the wife should go to prison?

Have a disabled child because of a prescription medicine that caused birth defects? So the developer of the medicine should go to prison?

Woman smoked and did not take her folic acid while pregnant, child was born with spinal-bifida and will need public assistance, should the mom go to jail?

We all do stuff that is unhealthy. With your example of tax money, where do we draw the line?

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
If tax payers are on the hook for medical care for the poor, then being poor a crime?

If you lose your job, go on medcaid, your wife gives birth, since the birth was paid for by public money, then you and the wife should go to prison?

Have a disabled child because of a prescription medicine that caused birth defects? So the developer of the medicine should go to prison?

Woman smoked and did not take her folic acid while pregnant, child was born with spinal-bifida and will need public assistance, should the mom go to jail?

We all do stuff that is unhealthy. With your example of tax money, where do we draw the line?

We dont draw the line. That is the point of big govt authoritarianism. First govt offers medical care using tax payers dollars. Then it justifies banning things because the taxpayer is paying for it.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
LOL just had to throw that in there, huh? :rolleyes:

You've been outed. You are officially a troll now.

If a company can not be persecuted, it should not have equal protection.

How would you send walmart to jail? You can't.

I firmly believe in equal protection under the law.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We can strip the income of folk who don't want to help others and kick them out of the country where they can have all the freedom they want.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
If a company can not be persecuted, it should not have equal protection.

How would you send walmart to jail? You can't.

I firmly believe in equal protection under the law.

Haha nice try but I'm not feeding you, troll. :colbert:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Raw milk = not pasteurized.
This.

Pasteurization was started up back before we had much idea of how disease worked. Now we would be able to do a lot more in terms of keeping things clean prior to milking.

Pasteurization (and homogenization) can also screw with what's in the milk. Pasteurization of course heats it up, and homogenization squeezes it through some fine nozzles under high pressure to break apart the fat globules.

What I can say about it: Pasteurized milk eventually started to give me some "intestinal distress" a few years ago.
Raw milk: zero issue. It's about as benign as drinking water.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Haha nice try but I'm not feeding you, troll. :colbert:

I am not trolling.

Just because the government passes a law, does make it a just and valid law.

Unjust laws should not be enforced.

Laws that protect companies (corporate vial) differently then citizens should not be enforced. If a company wants equal protection under the law, the company should face the same laws as everyone else.

Lets take the BP oil spill in the gulf of mexico. What would have happened if someone was caught dumping oil into the gulf? Think that person might have been arrested? Maybe some jail time?

But yet nobody at BP has gone to jail.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
God you are an idiot.

Its called equal protection under the law.

I break the law, I can go to jail, I can be stripped of certain rights, I can have certain freedoms taken away,,,.

Walmart breaks the law, all the government can really do is fine the company.

What is walmart anyway? Its an idea. So an "idea" deserves equal protection under the law?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If tax payers are on the hook for medical care for the poor, then being poor is a crime?

These are not choices. Drinking/farming raw milk is.

I have no problem with that.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Lets take the BP oil spill in the gulf of mexico. What would have happened if someone was caught dumping oil into the gulf? Think that person might have been arrested? Maybe some jail time?

BP did not purposefully dump oil into the Gulf of Mexico. They lost Billions of $$$.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Its called equal protection under the law.

I break the law, I can go to jail, I can be stripped of certain rights, I can have certain freedoms taken away,,,.

Walmart breaks the law, all the government can really do is fine the company.

What is walmart anyway? Its an idea. So an "idea" deserves equal protection under the law?

This is as idiotic as anything that Anarchist420 has ever posted.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This.

Pasteurization was started up back before we had much idea of how disease worked. Now we would be able to do a lot more in terms of keeping things clean prior to milking.

Pasteurization (and homogenization) can also screw with what's in the milk. Pasteurization of course heats it up, and homogenization squeezes it through some fine nozzles under high pressure to break apart the fat globules.

What I can say about it: Pasteurized milk eventually started to give me some "intestinal distress" a few years ago.
Raw milk: zero issue. It's about as benign as drinking water.

It's a sanitation issue. Raw milk isn't dangerous when proper protocols are used. The rational thing would be set the standards and inspect for compliance. Instead we have the bureaucracy in action yet again. Figures.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I buy raw milk some times, it taste better, and goes down more smoothly. Doesn't cause as many stomach issues either.

Also pasturization destroys the natural neutrients in milk, vitamins, minerals, and needed enzymes are destroyed.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
BP did not purposefully dump oil into the Gulf of Mexico. They lost Billions of $$$.

A couple of years ago there was a couple of men in a hotel room that were handling a pistol, they had been drinking, the pistol discharged, the bullet went through the wall where it struck and killed a man in an adjoining room.

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_2237.shtml

It was an accident, the guy did not "purposefully" kill anyone,,. But he was still charged with man slaughter.

This is as idiotic as anything that Anarchist420 has ever posted.

Why should an "idea" receive special protection under the law?